OT: TV tonight
2020-11-07 09:39:24 UTC
Britain’s Most Historic Towns
Channel 4, 8.10pm
Professor Alice Roberts clambers into her virtual time machine and
travels to Lincoln to find out what life was like in medieval England.
She visits the impressive Lincoln Cathedral and relives the First
Barons’ War (1215-17) at Lincoln Castle. Channelling her inner Lucy
Worsley, Roberts checks out the clothing and accessories that allowed
people to climb the social ladder after the devastating plague of 1348.
She also gets her hands on a period crossbow...

Blimey, they didn't mess about with menstruation in the 14th century...
Chris McMillan
2020-11-07 11:41:27 UTC
Britain’s Most Historic Towns
Channel 4, 8.10pm
Professor Alice Roberts clambers into her virtual time machine and
travels to Lincoln to find out what life was like in medieval England.
She visits the impressive Lincoln Cathedral and relives the First
Barons’ War (1215-17) at Lincoln Castle. Channelling her inner Lucy
Worsley, Roberts checks out the clothing and accessories that allowed
people to climb the social ladder after the devastating plague of 1348.
She also gets her hands on a period crossbow...
Blimey, they didn't mess about with menstruation in the 14th century...
Um, yes, I wondered who’d be first to post that. I’ve been to Lincoln on a
very hot Easter week and climbed the hill to walk round the cathedral. It
was mostly under scaffolding.