OT news broadcasts
2019-12-25 09:56:01 UTC
We just caught the end of a charming film about a dragon and a knight
and princess. The dragon was Zog. I was worried when B switched to the
channel as the night was waving a huge sword and threatening the
dragging as he wanted to rescue the princess but all ended happily and
no dragons were harmed. It was all in rhyme and I just thought how
much better the news broadcasts would be in rhyming couplets. I bet
some of you have nothing better to do...?
John Ashby
2019-12-25 15:05:32 UTC
We just caught the end of a charming film about a dragon and a knight
and princess. The dragon was Zog. I was worried when B switched to the
channel as the night was waving a huge sword and threatening the
dragging as he wanted to rescue the princess but all ended happily and
no dragons were harmed. It was all in rhyme and I just thought how
much better the news broadcasts would be in rhyming couplets. I bet
some of you have nothing better to do...?
Apropos of something related, Peter Bradshaw's (scathing) review of the
new Cats film in the Guardian is written in the style of Old Possum.
Worth a read.

2019-12-26 07:50:50 UTC
We just caught the end of a charming film about a dragon and a knight
and princess. The dragon was Zog. I was worried when B switched to the
channel as the night was waving a huge sword and threatening the
dragging as he wanted to rescue the princess but all ended happily and
no dragons were harmed. It was all in rhyme and I just thought how
much better the news broadcasts would be in rhyming couplets. I bet
some of you have nothing better to do...?
The Prime Minsiter
Is deeply sinister,
But the Labour leader
Is a useless bleeder;
And to be absolutely blunt
The US President is...er...

Too much editorial content?
2019-12-26 08:31:11 UTC
On Thu, 26 Dec 2019 07:50:50 +0000, Sid Nuncius
We just caught the end of a charming film about a dragon and a knight
and princess. The dragon was Zog. I was worried when B switched to the
channel as the night was waving a huge sword and threatening the
dragging as he wanted to rescue the princess but all ended happily and
no dragons were harmed. It was all in rhyme and I just thought how
much better the news broadcasts would be in rhyming couplets. I bet
some of you have nothing better to do...?
The Prime Minsiter
Is deeply sinister,
But the Labour leader
Is a useless bleeder;
And to be absolutely blunt
The US President is...er...
Too much editorial content?
Exactly right. What a nice boxing day start!

Tom got it wrong once again
And caused his parents lots of pain
Helen and Lee were heard being close
Like Kirsty and Philip it just sounded gross
Joy forced herself in the farm for the day
I really wish she would go away
for ever.
Penny
2019-12-26 10:06:55 UTC
On Thu, 26 Dec 2019 07:50:50 +0000, Sid Nuncius
Post by Sid Nuncius
The Prime Minsiter
Is deeply sinister,
I like the typo - not sure Min would.
To make it rhyme 'sinsiter' also seems appropriate ;)
2019-12-26 10:33:07 UTC
Post by Sid Nuncius
The Prime Minsiter
Is deeply sinister,
I like the typo - not sure Min would.
To make it rhyme 'sinsiter' also seems appropriate ;)
:o) Oops!

Prince Andrew wasn't poking
Virginia - he was in Woking;
The interview was an utter farce
And he's clearly a total...-ly innocent man.