Brexit
Add Reply
Tony Smith Gloucestershire
2020-07-27 20:49:43 UTC
I was just given one of Boris' Brexit 50p coins in my change at Sainsbury's. So the mint must have given up pushing them to collectors at marked up prices, if they are now putting the ghastly things into circulation.
Nick Odell
2020-07-28 01:43:42 UTC
On Mon, 27 Jul 2020 13:49:43 -0700 (PDT), Tony Smith Gloucestershire
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
I was just given one of Boris' Brexit 50p coins in my change at Sainsbury's. So the mint must have given up pushing them to collectors at marked up prices, if they are now putting the ghastly things into circulation.
I say, old chap, without wishing to confuse those who might be
thinking of vacuum cleaners, wouldn't Numismatics have been a more
suitable title there? And flagged with a large, clear OT?

2020-07-28 07:35:09 UTC
Post by Tony Smith Gloucestershire
I was just given one of Boris' Brexit 50p coins in my change at
Sainsbury's. So the mint must have given up pushing them to collectors at
marked up prices, if they are now putting the ghastly things into circulation.
Might they be referred to as Johnsons? (Be careful which pocket you put
them in if you are visiting Mae West.)