Justin's pig poo
2019-11-29 22:37:56 UTC
I watched a programme about how meat is endangering the eco-system,
BBC iplayer, and it showed beef farming and pig farming in the US. The
biggest problem highlighted is how to get rid of the slurry. Big units
housing animals indoors have to drain it off and dispose of it and
almost none do so in a way that is in harmony with the eco-system.

The programme found one managing to get methane from it and fuelling
the unit and nearby houses, but most were not even disposing of it
safely. Slurry was able to leak into the earth and then run to the
rivers and pollute them, eventually reaching areas wehre it caused
fish to die and then other animals that feed on those fish. Areas of
rivers were dead.

I wonder how safe the disposal system of the pig unit is. And the
faster they insist on fattening the pigs for slaughter the worse it
gets. I imagine Hannah got her ideas from such systems when she saw
them in the US. Will the story of her giving these ideas to Justin
lead to another pollution story?
Mike
2019-11-30 10:54:28 UTC
[...]
I hope it leads to her being sacked anyway - not a nice person at all at
all, she ain’t, not no how - nope she isn’t!
2019-11-30 11:51:00 UTC
[...]
Yes, I agree. From the first social occasion when we heard her
sneering about Jazzer, and then later when she used him as a friend to
entertain her and ended the evening fast when Tom offered a better
entertainment, not tomention her sneaking about trying to usurp Neil's
job, I have disliked her.
SODAM
2019-11-30 18:29:06 UTC
From the first social occasion when we heard her
sneering about Jazzer, and then later when she used him as a friend to
entertain her and ended the evening fast when Tom offered a better
entertainment, not tomention her sneaking about trying to usurp Neil's
job, I have disliked her.
You didn’t mention her catty comments and the trouble she caused when Ed’n’
Emmur were going to be awarded one of the “affordable” houses (that they
couldn’t afford). Why would a young, single woman with no dependants be
offered a home before a local family? I can understand that she was jealous
but there was never a ghost of a chance that she would ever be offered a
house.

I think she’s horrible but don’t want her gone. We can’t have all the
village residents as saints because we need some to boo as well as some to
cheer.
--
SODAM
The thinking umrat’s choice for editor
Vicky Ayech
2019-11-30 21:47:54 UTC
From the first social occasion when we heard her
sneering about Jazzer, and then later when she used him as a friend to
entertain her and ended the evening fast when Tom offered a better
entertainment, not tomention her sneaking about trying to usurp Neil's
job, I have disliked her.
You didn’t mention her catty comments and the trouble she caused when Ed’n’
Emmur were going to be awarded one of the “affordable” houses (that they
couldn’t afford). Why would a young, single woman with no dependants be
offered a home before a local family? I can understand that she was jealous
but there was never a ghost of a chance that she would ever be offered a
house.
I'd forgotten her vendetta against Emma. You are right. Anotehr
example of her awful malevolence.
cheer.
krw
2019-12-02 16:28:01 UTC
[...]
I thought that it was being used in the anaerobic digester?