UMRA birthday info for 1 August 2021
Birthday Monitor
2021-08-01 06:20:09 UTC
Birthday News for today, 1 August: Btms RIP, Kirsten Watson and Johnnie
Phillips (ne Richards).
2021-08-01 07:22:03 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 1 August: Btms RIP,
<raises coffee cup>
Absent friends.
--
Sid
2021-08-01 08:28:17 UTC
Yes, it doesn't seem like a year. Or when was it?
Serena Blanchflower
2021-08-01 08:43:20 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 1 August: Btms RIP,
<raises coffee cup>
Absent friends.
Yes, absent friends.
Post by Vicky Ayech
Yes, it doesn't seem like a year. Or when was it?
I think it's rather over two years now that she departed.
TOOTHACHE: The pain that drives you to extraction.
SODAM
2021-08-01 10:22:18 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 1 August: Btms RIP,
<raises coffee cup>
Absent friends.
Yes, it doesn't seem like a year. Or when was it?
Two years on May 11th past.

I had intended to post an account of her funeral but found it too upsetting
at the time. That became an intention to do so on the first anniversary but
the same reason prevented my doing so. Similarly on the second anniversary.

Knowing she was dying, Linda planned her funeral with Mr Btms and their two
sons. It was held at the beautiful village church where they worshipped
each Sunday. There were so many flowers, mostly white roses, lilies and
gypsophila, that one might have thought it were decorated for a wedding. A
childhood friend gave the eulogy and her husband, the vicar of a different
parish, conducted the service. (Ob umra- Lynda Snell’s best friend
attended.)

At the wake afterwards, Linda’s sons sang her favourite songs to their own
guitar accompaniment. Mr Btms explained her Archers/ umra connections,
introduced Ms Boyd to the attendees and read a cheerful selection of
extracts from the letters of condolence he had received. This included a
tribute that Sebastien, late of this parish, had sent to me, which I had
forwarded (with his permission) to Mr Btms.

Appropriately, there was a sumptuous buffet because Linda loved her food
and was a great cook. Unfortunately, I had to leave before the extensive
pudding buffet to catch the flight home.

If I had posted this at the time, it would have been a fuller account but
this is maybe sufficient.
--
SODAM
The thinking umrat’s choice for editor
Vicky Ayech
Thank you for posting this. It was good to read it and touching.
Hellerat
2021-08-13 15:47:59 UTC
Post by SODAM
Post by Birthday Monitor
[...]
Thank you from me, too, SODAM, agree with Vicky on both counts.
--
Yassas,
Anne, Exceptionally Traditionally-built Hellerat
Sid Nuncius
2021-08-01 16:23:26 UTC
Post by SODAM
Post by Birthday Monitor
[...]
Thank you, Sodders. It is more than sufficient and much appreciated;
very touching and a lovely reminder of a much-missed friend
--
Sid
2021-08-01 16:30:40 UTC
Post by SODAM
If I had posted this at the time, it would have been a fuller account but
this is maybe sufficient.
Thank you, Sodders. It is more than sufficient and much appreciated;
very touching and a lovely reminder of a much-missed friend
+1

More people watch live theatre every year than Premier League football
matches. - Libby Purves, RT 2017/9/30-10/6
Min
2021-08-01 18:49:03 UTC
Post by SODAM
If I had posted this at the time, it would have been a fuller account but
this is maybe sufficient.
Thank you, Sodders. It is more than sufficient and much appreciated;
very touching and a lovely reminder of a much-missed friend
+1
--
More people watch live theatre every year than Premier League football
matches. - Libby Purves, RT 2017/9/30-10/6
Damn onion fairy! Thank you, SODAM. Raises glass.
--
Min