OT Rugby
Add Reply
Tony Smith
2020-10-31 22:16:56 UTC
Beam
Sid Nuncius
2020-11-01 06:31:56 UTC
Beam
<reciprocal beam>
--
Sid
2020-11-01 08:36:04 UTC
Beam
<reciprocal beam>
The result maybe, but the English play in the 1st half was abysmal...

Would have been a French Grand CHelem if that idiot hadn't got himself
red carded.

Final Womens 6N tonight on Sky Sports Arena at 5. They've already
secured the title, so it might be a better game.
Sid Nuncius
2020-11-01 09:11:47 UTC
Beam
<reciprocal beam>
The result maybe, but the English play in the 1st half was abysmal...
Agreed, although I'd say it was poor rather than abysmal. I was just
delighted to have international men's rugby back and I take an
irrationally partisan pleasure in the result.

I'm prepared to cut England a little slack because they haven't played
together for so long and looked much better in the second half, but they
can't afford to do that against really good sides. (They did it in the
first match against France and it cost them a Grand Slam.) Ireland were
similarly poor for much of the game, but were up against a classy team
who didn't let them get away with it.

France look really promising, don't they? I always admired Emile
Ntamack and his boy looks as though he might be even better. He and
Dupont are something pretty special together.
--
Sid
2020-11-01 10:17:57 UTC
Beam
<reciprocal beam>
The result maybe, but the English play in the 1st half was abysmal...
Agreed, although I'd say it was poor rather than abysmal.  I was just
delighted to have international men's rugby back and I take an
irrationally partisan pleasure in the result.
Yes, me too, but I don't let the rose-tinted [1] specs blind me to the
bleedin' obvious :)
I'm prepared to cut England a little slack because they haven't played
together for so long..
Thanks to the feckwit Barbarians :( I'm beginning to suspect that Chris
Robshaw (and rugby chaps in general) is not very bright :/
France look really promising, don't they?  I always admired Emile
Ntamack and his boy looks as though he might be even better.  He and
Dupont are something pretty special together.
Yes, shame they can't be Lions :)

[1] See what I did there ?
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2020-11-01 16:06:52 UTC
On Sun, 1 Nov 2020 at 09:11:47, Sid Nuncius <***@hotmail.co.uk>
wrote:
France look really promising, don't they? I always admired Emile
Ntamack and his boy looks
At that point, my eyeballs flicked down to see what gender was this
poster who was admiring M. Ntamack's "boy looks" ...
Post by Sid Nuncius
as though he might be even better. He and Dupont are something pretty
special together.
... then I understood (-:

Radio 4 is one of the reasons being British is good. It's not a subset of
Britain - it's almost as if Britain is a subset of Radio 4. - Stephen Fry, in
Radio Times, 7-13 June, 2003.
Peter
2020-11-01 18:16:41 UTC
Beam
I've never understood the appeal of rugby. Men grappling with one
another in mud and having communal baths: I don't suppose they're all
closet queers, but I can't help wondering.
--
When, once, reference was made to a statesman almost universally
recognized as one of the villains of this century, in order to