OT: ImportExport extension for Thunderbird
2021-08-14 12:53:59 UTC
Does anyrat use the Thunderbird extension ImportExportTools NG> I could
use some help/advice about using it.
Wrexham, UK
krw
2021-08-14 13:22:48 UTC
Does anyrat use the Thunderbird extension ImportExportTools NG>  I could
use some help/advice about using it.
Looks interesting, so if anyone does know I would welcome hearing about
it please.
Paul Herber
2021-08-14 19:22:15 UTC
Does anyrat use the Thunderbird extension ImportExportTools NG> I could
use some help/advice about using it.
I installed it just the other day. I am now importing all my old email from Eudora.
Works nicely (apart from a couple of annoyances).
--
Regards, Paul Herber
https://www.paulherber.co.uk/
Jenny M Benson
2021-08-15 10:06:31 UTC
Post by Paul Herber
Post by Jenny M Benson
Does anyrat use the Thunderbird extension ImportExportTools NG> I could
use some help/advice about using it.
I installed it just the other day. I am now importing all my old email from Eudora.
Works nicely (apart from a couple of annoyances).
I was wondering what was the best way to use it to back up all mail,
which is in numerous folders under several accounts.
Wrexham, UK
Philip Hole
2021-08-16 09:20:05 UTC
On Sat, 14 Aug 2021 13:53:59 +0100, Jenny M Benson
Does anyrat use the Thunderbird extension ImportExportTools NG>  I could
use some help/advice about using it.
I installed it just the other day. I am now importing all my old email from Eudora.
Works nicely (apart from a couple of annoyances).
I was wondering what was the best way to use it to back up all mail,
which is in numerous folders under several accounts.
If you just want to back up (eg to a hard disk), you may find Mozbackup
a simple alternative.

http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/

It backs up a profile so all your accounts (and folders) will look the
same as you see when you open Thunderbird.

I have 7 accounts and *lots* of folders.

These end up as one 4GB file. And I back up every two weeks (with
Firefox) with two archived copies.

HTH
Flop
Jenny M Benson
2021-08-16 10:59:20 UTC
Post by Philip Hole
Post by Jenny M Benson
On Sat, 14 Aug 2021 13:53:59 +0100, Jenny M Benson
Does anyrat use the Thunderbird extension ImportExportTools NG>  I could
use some help/advice about using it.
I installed it just the other day. I am now importing all my old email from Eudora.
Works nicely (apart from a couple of annoyances).
I was wondering what was the best way to use it to back up all mail,
which is in numerous folders under several accounts.
If you just want to back up (eg to a hard disk), you may find Mozbackup
a simple alternative.
http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/
It backs up a profile so all your accounts (and folders) will look the
same as you see when you open Thunderbird.
I have 7 accounts and *lots* of folders.
These end up as one 4GB file. And I back up every two weeks (with
Firefox) with two archived copies.
Thanks for that. It looks like a simple and efficient solution.
Peter
2021-08-16 11:32:23 UTC
Post by Philip Hole
Post by Jenny M Benson
On Sat, 14 Aug 2021 13:53:59 +0100, Jenny M Benson
Does anyrat use the Thunderbird extension ImportExportTools NG>  I could
use some help/advice about using it.
I installed it just the other day. I am now importing all my old email from Eudora.
Works nicely (apart from a couple of annoyances).
I was wondering what was the best way to use it to back up all mail,
which is in numerous folders under several accounts.
If you just want to back up (eg to a hard disk), you may find Mozbackup
a simple alternative.
http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/
It backs up a profile so all your accounts (and folders) will look the
same as you see when you open Thunderbird.
I have 7 accounts and *lots* of folders.
But do you have all your own teeth?
Post by Philip Hole
These end up as one 4GB file. And I back up every two weeks (with
Firefox) with two archived copies.
HTH
--
The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here
Abraham Lincoln at Gettysburg
Mike McMillan
2021-08-16 12:16:49 UTC
Post by Peter
Post by Philip Hole
These end up as one 4GB file. And I back up every two weeks (with
Firefox) with two archived copies.
HTH
I’ve heard that the modern negotiated per tooth tariff is quite frightening
these days (and at the risk of lowering the tone in UMRA (???!!!) I
understand there is also a tariff for toddlers using the ‘grown ups’ toilet
facilities during nappy / toilet training.) [‘When I were a lad, we had to
jump out of the shoe box, run behind a bush … (contd. on page 94.]
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan
Jenny M Benson
2021-08-16 12:42:53 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
I’ve heard that the modern negotiated per tooth tariff is quite frightening
these days (and at the risk of lowering the tone in UMRA (???!!!) I
understand there is also a tariff for toddlers using the ‘grown ups’ toilet
facilities during nappy / toilet training.) [‘When I were a lad, we had to
jump out of the shoe box, run behind a bush … (contd. on page 94.]
AIUI, toilet training was undertaken when the children were much younger
than is the case to-day, so my daughter was very young when I caughter
her ascending the stairs one day - definitely not allowe for safety
reasons. "Where are you going?" I enquired. "Potty!" she answered. I
waited to see what she did and sure enough, she made her way to the
bathroom and managed to climb onto what the Americans call "the
commode." Shorlty after that I learned to recognize the particular tone
of cry which meant she had managed to get ON to the lav but couldn't get
OFF!
2021-08-16 12:37:13 UTC
Post by Peter
But do you have all your own teeth?
Yes, all paid for!
Philip Hole
2021-08-16 12:55:08 UTC
Post by Peter
But do you have all your own teeth?
Yes, all paid for!
Rough esimate for a full replacement comes to about:

£20k - £25.

You have an immense charge for taking them out and an even bigger one
for putting them back in.

My main grievance is not so much the price but the minimal time (mins)
to do it all.
Flop
Mike McMillan
2021-08-16 15:07:57 UTC
Post by Philip Hole
Post by Jenny M Benson
Post by Peter
But do you have all your own teeth?
Yes, all paid for!
£20k - £25.
You have an immense charge for taking them out and an even bigger one
for putting them back in.
My main grievance is not so much the price but the minimal time (mins)
to do it all.
Do they train with QuickFit Tyres do you suppose?
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan
Paul Herber
2021-08-16 12:11:13 UTC
Post by Paul Herber
Post by Jenny M Benson
Does anyrat use the Thunderbird extension ImportExportTools NG> I could
use some help/advice about using it.
I installed it just the other day. I am now importing all my old email from Eudora.
Works nicely (apart from a couple of annoyances).
I was wondering what was the best way to use it to back up all mail,
which is in numerous folders under several accounts.
Wrong tool I think. Best to use a proper backup program.
--
Regards, Paul Herber
https://www.paulherber.co.uk/