Hint to users of Cobian Backup
Add Reply
Sebastian Lisken
2013-01-12 20:54:48 UTC
As I have recommended Cobian Backup here in the past, I feel it is my
duty to share something I just found out (in version 10). In Tools >
Options > Engine, there is an item named "Safe mirror to ..." with
a checkbox and the path of a folder. If your backup tasks are set
up as "Mirror tasks" (in the "Advanced" properties of a backup job)
and the backup process notices that a previously backed up file no
longer exists at the source location, it deletes the file at the
backup location but just beforehand it copies that file to the "Safe
mirror" folder. I found that the folder had grown to more than 1.6
GB and contained files I had wanted to only keep in a more protected
place. So I've decided to uncheck the "Safe Mirror" option, and purged
that folder.

Sebastian
r***@gmail.com
Sebastian
x***@gmail.com
2014-11-06 01:22:04 UTC
Wow - thanks for the info. Just discovered these folders and how much space they were eating up and wondered what the heck it was for.
f***@gmail.com
2014-12-18 12:47:31 UTC
thanks !!! mine had grown to 422gb :(
Mike McMillan
2014-12-18 19:34:48 UTC
Post by f***@gmail.com
thanks !!! mine had grown to 422gb :(
Well Really! Please remember that this is a family newsgroup Felipe!
Such boasting and coarse talking is out of place her please! ;-)
"Let's all calm down shall we? Let's forget there is a llama in here at all."
(Lynda Snell, 010603)
g***@gmail.com
2015-03-13 03:38:59 UTC
Thanks!!!!!!!!! You save my life!!! :D
f***@gmail.com

Thanks.
g***@gmail.com
Thank you Sebastian. :)
Mike
2019-03-12 08:51:58 UTC
Post by g***@gmail.com
Post by Sebastian Lisken
As I have recommended Cobian Backup here in the past, I feel it is my
duty to share something I just found out (in version 10). In Tools >
Options > Engine, there is an item named "Safe mirror to ..." with
a checkbox and the path of a folder. If your backup tasks are set
up as "Mirror tasks" (in the "Advanced" properties of a backup job)
and the backup process notices that a previously backed up file no
longer exists at the source location, it deletes the file at the
backup location but just beforehand it copies that file to the "Safe
mirror" folder. I found that the folder had grown to more than 1.6
GB and contained files I had wanted to only keep in a more protected
place. So I've decided to uncheck the "Safe Mirror" option, and purged
that folder.
Sebastian
Thank you Sebastian. :)
Hello Sebastian, once an Umrat.... welcome into the choccy bunker again;
your name was being bandied about in these parts only a day or two ago!
Paul Herber
2019-03-12 09:04:18 UTC
Post by g***@gmail.com
Post by Sebastian Lisken
[...]
[...]