Should he have played Jim?
2019-06-30 21:08:17 UTC
We've just re-watched an episode of Lewis S6 e18, with Ronald Pickup
in it. I thought he sounded like whoever plays Jim but looking it up
it isn't him. He looks like my picture of Jim too.

The episode raises questions on the legal system
The girl who commits a crime at age 10 is given a new identity when
she grows up. She wins a place at an Oxford college, is successful and
becomes a professor, and is in a contest to become head of college.
She is happily married too, to an ex-con who she helped when he was in
prison. He studied with her and is now an author. What worries me is
she has a privileged life on a higher level than most. Should she get
the post and have that much good fortune in life?
Nick Odell
2019-07-01 13:10:10 UTC
We've just re-watched an episode of Lewis S6 e18, with Ronald Pickup
in it. I thought he sounded like whoever plays Jim but looking it up
it isn't him. He looks like my picture of Jim too.
The episode raises questions on the legal system
The girl who commits a crime at age 10 is given a new identity when
she grows up. She wins a place at an Oxford college, is successful and
becomes a professor, and is in a contest to become head of college.
She is happily married too, to an ex-con who she helped when he was in
prison. He studied with her and is now an author. What worries me is
she has a privileged life on a higher level than most. Should she get
the post and have that much good fortune in life?
If you are thinking that it all ought to be a bit more Numbers 14:18,
don't forget the first half of that verse.

2019-07-01 16:17:22 UTC
On Mon, 1 Jul 2019 14:10:10 +0100, Nick Odell
We've just re-watched an episode of Lewis S6 e18, with Ronald Pickup
in it. I thought he sounded like whoever plays Jim but looking it up
it isn't him. He looks like my picture of Jim too.
The episode raises questions on the legal system
The girl who commits a crime at age 10 is given a new identity when
she grows up. She wins a place at an Oxford college, is successful and
becomes a professor, and is in a contest to become head of college.
She is happily married too, to an ex-con who she helped when he was in
prison. He studied with her and is now an author. What worries me is
she has a privileged life on a higher level than most. Should she get
the post and have that much good fortune in life?
If you are thinking that it all ought to be a bit more Numbers 14:18,
don't forget the first half of that verse.
Nick
The Lord is slow to anger, abounding in love and forgiving sin and
rebellion. Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished; he punishes
the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth
generation.’

The girl, then age 10, with a friend, broke into the house of two
OAPs, one in a wheelchair. They tortured them, knife cuts on arms,
then an accident I think it was set a fire and the male OAp hit the
other girl with his stick, or hit first then fire began. She ran out
and the two OAPs died and the other girl did. She was caught as had an
item that weas identifiable that she had stolen. She said she did the
torture. Years later she told Lewis it was the other girl with the
knife but she took all the blame as felt guilty. He didn't look
convinced. The case was the grandchild of the OAPs taking revenge
tried to kill her after killing two others leaving clues to
incriminate her.