OT: Cricket
2019-08-02 17:20:51 UTC
That Carpet has done well now he's been promoted from the Ambridge
village side to England...
steveski
2019-08-03 00:46:40 UTC
That Carpet has done well now he's been promoted from the Ambridge
village side to England...
Arf, arf :-)

(Knife edge stuff, though)
2019-08-03 05:11:37 UTC
That Carpet has done well now he's been promoted from the Ambridge
village side to England...
๐Ÿ˜„ [1]

Very pleased for the lad. He done good. I also liked his response to
the question after close of play, "So, what's going to happen tomorrow?"
Answer: "More batting, more bowling."

[1] I have discovered the Windows + . feature.
2019-08-03 08:34:14 UTC
That Carpet has done well now he's been promoted from the Ambridge
village side to England...
๐Ÿ˜„ [1]
Very pleased for the lad.ย  He done good.ย  I also liked his response to
the question after close of play, "So, what's going to happen tomorrow?"
ย Answer: "More batting, more bowling."
[1]ย  I have discovered the Windows + . feature.
So have I now ๐Ÿ˜
http://jennygenes.blogspot.co.uk/
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2019-08-03 09:40:54 UTC
That Carpet has done well now he's been promoted from the Ambridge
village side to England...
0 >> Very pleased for the lad.ย  He done good.ย  I also liked his response
to the question after close of play, "So, what's going to happen
tomorrow?" ย Answer: "More batting, more bowling."
[1]ย  I have discovered the Windows + . feature.
So have I now 0 >
What is that feature?

What's awful about weird views is not the views. It's the intolerance. If
someone wants to worship the Duke of Edinburgh or a pineapple, fine. But don't
kill me if I don't agree. - Tim Rice, Radio Times 15-21 October 2011.
Penny
2019-08-03 18:17:18 UTC
On Sat, 3 Aug 2019 10:40:54 +0100, "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
That Carpet has done well now he's been promoted from the Ambridge
village side to England...
0 >> Very pleased for the lad.ย  He done good.ย  I also liked his response
to the question after close of play, "So, what's going to happen
tomorrow?" ย Answer: "More batting, more bowling."
[1]ย  I have discovered the Windows + . feature.
So have I now 0 >
What is that feature?
Where did those zeros come from? They didn't appear here.
2019-08-03 18:32:28 UTC
On Sat, 3 Aug 2019 10:40:54 +0100, "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
That Carpet has done well now he's been promoted from the Ambridge
village side to England...
0 >> Very pleased for the lad.ย  He done good.ย  I also liked his response
to the question after close of play, "So, what's going to happen
tomorrow?" ย Answer: "More batting, more bowling."
[1]ย  I have discovered the Windows + . feature.
So have I now 0 >
What is that feature?
Where did those zeros come from? They didn't appear here.
I think a problem arose because I - being a good little girl who read
her netiquette Bible years ago - posted in Plain Text, but HTML was
required for what I posted. And what I posted was an indication that
Sid's post had led me to discover, as he had, that The Windows key with
a full stop brings up a selection of emoticons for one's delectation and
delight.
http://jennygenes.blogspot.co.uk/
Sid Nuncius
2019-08-03 18:38:37 UTC
That Carpet has done well now he's been promoted from the Ambridge
village side to England...
ย 0 >>ย  Very pleased for the lad.ย  He done good.ย  I also liked his
response toย  the question after close of play, "So, what's going to
happen tomorrow?"ย ย  ย Answer: "More batting, more bowling."
ย  [1]ย  I have discovered the Windows + . feature.
So have I now 0 >
What is that feature?
If you're typing using Windows 10 (anywhere on- or off-line) press the
Windows key and the full stop key at the same time. This brings up a
panel of emojis; if you click on one it will appear where the cursor is.

I don't use emojis much, but it's an amusing feature. A small sample:
๐Ÿพ๐Ÿฅ‚๐ŸŒ๐Ÿ’๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ‘•๐Ÿฉฒ๐ŸŽฑ๐ŸŽธ๐ŸŽบ๐ŸŽถโšฑ๐Ÿ—ฟ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿš‘๐ŸŽ๐Ÿดโ€โ˜ ๏ธ๐Ÿ›Ž๐Ÿšฟ๐Ÿช’๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿšน
2019-08-03 19:19:32 UTC
On Sat, 3 Aug 2019 19:38:37 +0100, Sid Nuncius
Post by Sid Nuncius
If you're typing using Windows 10 (anywhere on- or off-line) press the
Windows key and the full stop key at the same time. This brings up a
panel of emojis; if you click on one it will appear where the cursor is.
?????????????????????????
Um, not when you are typing (or reading) in an ancient-Agent-on-a-stick*
window.

*I've used the same program since 1998, it doesn't seem to care what
flavour of windoze it's running on and, even when 'installed', makes no
mark on the registry.
2019-08-03 20:09:30 UTC
That Carpet has done well now he's been promoted from the Ambridge
village side to England...
ย 0 >>ย  Very pleased for the lad.ย  He done good.ย  I also liked his
response toย  the question after close of play, "So, what's going to
happen tomorrow?"ย ย  ย Answer: "More batting, more bowling."
ย  [1]ย  I have discovered the Windows + . feature.
So have I now 0 >
What is that feature?
If you're typing using Windows 10 (anywhere on- or off-line) press the
Windows key and the full stop key at the same time.ย  This brings up a
panel of emojis; if you click on one it will appear where the cursor is.
๐Ÿพ๐Ÿฅ‚๐ŸŒ๐Ÿ’๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ‘•๐Ÿฉฒ๐ŸŽฑ๐ŸŽธ๐ŸŽบ๐ŸŽถโšฑ๐Ÿ—ฟ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿš‘๐ŸŽ๐Ÿดโ€โ˜ ๏ธ๐Ÿ›Ž๐Ÿšฟ๐Ÿช’๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿšน
So reading the first few, you had some champagne, put on some fluffy
socks and dropped your pants, and along came a banana and took your
cherries ?
Jim Easterbrook
2019-08-03 20:29:30 UTC
[...]
I'm glad all I see are some squares with 6 hex digits in.
2019-08-03 21:08:57 UTC
Post by Jim Easterbrook
That Carpet has done well now he's been promoted from the Ambridge
village side to England...
ย 0 >>ย  Very pleased for the lad.ย  He done good.ย  I also liked his
response toย  the question after close of play, "So, what's going to
happen tomorrow?"ย ย  ย Answer: "More batting, more bowling."
ย  [1]ย  I have discovered the Windows + . feature.
So have I now 0 >
What is that feature?
If you're typing using Windows 10 (anywhere on- or off-line) press the
Ah. W7 here. (Does W10 do that in anything - such as NotePad - or only
email/news type things?) Like Penny, I use an ancient client.
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Windows key and the full stop key at the same time.ย  This brings up a
panel of emojis; if you click on one it will appear where the cursor is.
0 >>>
That (i. e. nothing) is what I see. The only slightly unexpected
character I see is what looks like a 0 (zero) before "Very".
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by BrritSki
So reading the first few, you had some champagne, put on some fluffy
socks and dropped your pants, and along came a banana and took your
cherries ?
LOL!
Post by Jim Easterbrook
I'm glad all I see are some squares with 6 hex digits in.
I see nahtheeng. (Maรฑuel)

It's OK to be tight on
The seafront at Brighton
But I say, by Jove
Watch out if it's Hove.
- Sister Monica Joan, quoted by Jennifer Worth (author of the Call the
Midwife books, quoted in Radio Times 19-25 January 2013)
Penny
2019-08-03 21:25:18 UTC
On Sat, 3 Aug 2019 22:08:57 +0100, "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
If you're typing using Windows 10 (anywhere on- or off-line) press the
Ah. W7 here. (Does W10 do that in anything - such as NotePad - or only
email/news type things?) Like Penny, I use an ancient client.
It does seem to work in NoteTab Light (also fairly ancient) inasmuch as the
emoji box pops up but, being a plain text thing, the actual items only
appear as under-scored boxes when selected.
2019-08-04 05:05:27 UTC
[...]
Yes, it was quite a lunch-hour. (As you can see, it didn't end well,
but it's all a bit hazy after Easter Island.)
2019-08-04 07:05:39 UTC
That Carpet has done well now he's been promoted from the
Ambridge village side to England...
ย 0 >>ย  Very pleased for the lad.ย  He done good.ย  I also liked his
response toย  the question after close of play, "So, what's going
to happen tomorrow?"ย ย  ย Answer: "More batting, more bowling."
ย  [1]ย  I have discovered the Windows + . feature.
So have I now 0 >
What is that feature?
If you're typing using Windows 10 (anywhere on- or off-line) press
the Windows key and the full stop key at the same time.ย  This brings
up a panel of emojis; if you click on one it will appear where the
cursor is.
๐Ÿพ๐Ÿฅ‚๐ŸŒ๐Ÿ’๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ‘•๐Ÿฉฒ๐ŸŽฑ๐ŸŽธ๐ŸŽบ๐ŸŽถโšฑ๐Ÿ—ฟ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿš‘๐ŸŽ๐Ÿดโ€โ˜ ๏ธ๐Ÿ›Ž๐Ÿšฟ๐Ÿช’๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿšน
So reading the first few, you had some champagne, put on some fluffy
socks and dropped your pants, and along came a banana and took your
cherries ?
Yes, it was quite a lunch-hour.ย  (As you can see, it didn't end well,
but it's all a bit hazy after Easter Island.)
:)
Sam Plusnet
2019-08-04 20:46:56 UTC
๐Ÿพ๐Ÿฅ‚๐ŸŒ๐Ÿ’๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ‘•๐Ÿฉฒ๐ŸŽฑ๐ŸŽธ๐ŸŽบ๐ŸŽถโšฑ๐Ÿ—ฟ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿš‘๐ŸŽ๐Ÿดโ€โ˜ ๏ธ๐Ÿ›Ž๐Ÿšฟ๐Ÿช’๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿšน
So reading the first few, you had some champagne, put on some fluffy
socks and dropped your pants, and along came a banana and took your
cherries ?
"An everyday story of country folk."
Peter Percival
2019-08-03 17:32:31 UTC
That Carpet has done well now he's been promoted from the Ambridge
village side to England...
๐Ÿ˜„ [1]
Very pleased for the lad.ย  He done good.ย  I also liked his response to
the question after close of play, "So, what's going to happen tomorrow?"
ย Answer: "More batting, more bowling."
Me too. Would that all people asked inane questions gave such sensible
answers.