wot no umra?
2021-07-13 17:31:06 UTC
Nothing all day
Mike McMillan
2021-07-13 17:33:10 UTC
Post by Chris
Nothing all day
Come on Umrats, you aren’t using foopball as an excuse now are you???
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan
krw
2021-07-13 18:20:11 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Chris
Nothing all day
Come on Umrats, you aren’t using foopball as an excuse now are you???
No but it has been a busy day.

First up a 9am appointment at the hospital. When I got there they told
me they had to do it online ... no I had realised but did not know they
could lecture you on occupational therapy online, and indeed they can't
because they keep freezing and they are supposed to be unfreezing my hand!

Next up was a couple of hours discussing how to get drivers for our
minibus, passengers for our minibus, income for our minibus and so on.

Following that was a full Trustees meeting about the minibus just
talking about regular ongoing business - which has been pretty thin
recently - but apparently BoJo has fixed it by allowing us to put all
the seats back from Monday!

Then had to deliver a birthday card to d#2 and was surprised to find her
in and not opening the front door (she is a teacher). The answer to the
conundrum is apparently covid which she has had since the weekend so is
isolating. She opened a little top window and passed the card in and I
ran away very quickly.

So by the time I got home in the middle of the afternoon the emails for
the other charity had built up - but first I had to write up the new
operating protocols from Monday for the minibus charity. Never a dull
moment here.
2021-07-13 21:00:12 UTC
Post by Chris
Nothing all day
Come on Umrats, you aren’t using foopball as an excuse now are you???
No but it has been a busy day.
Well, today and yesterday were in two parts; the slightly anxious and
touching half about Ben's interview for nurse's training and Eddie's
first job with a stag do the night before the wedding, where the groom
turned out to be obnoxious but lucrative and Ed took too much money
off his dad, I thought, for helping get the groom to the wedding on
time. I thought maybe 50 quid was fair. Eddie had 100 I think from the
groom as a 'tip' ? And he had to cover petrol 3 times to the area,
which was a lot in the limo.

Folk on fb complained they were nothing and boring episodes but I
quite liked Ruth reassuring Ben. Not so keen on the oh how we laugh at
the Grundies who will come to no good. It was better than Susan
being a martyr or Shula lusting after Neil and trying to vicar.
Clive Arthur
2021-07-13 19:45:29 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Chris
Nothing all day
Come on Umrats, you aren’t using foopball as an excuse now are you???
Sea lions iron my shirt.
--
Cheers
Clive
Sid Nuncius
2021-07-14 05:58:58 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Chris
Nothing all day
Come on Umrats, you aren’t using foopball as an excuse now are you???
No. I was having a whale of a time listening to some music in an
operating theatre with a numb arm (a procedure in itself) while a
surgeon made a hole in a bone in left thumb, scraped out a tumour which
was threatening to fracture the bone, filled the resulting cavity with
synthetic bone and sewed me up again. Seemples.

The surgeon is pretty confident that any cancerous material has been
removed and that no further treatment will be necessary. Histology will
confirm in a week or so's time, but she's relaxed about it and I have
complete confidence in her.

It's no-one's idea of a great day out, I'm feeling a bit knocked about
this morning and typing isn't as easy as it might be, but I'm very
pleased it's been done.
--
Sid
2021-07-14 06:32:15 UTC
No. I was having a whale of a time listening to some music in an
operating theatre with a numb arm (a procedure in itself) while a
surgeon made a hole in a bone in left thumb, scraped out a tumour which
was threatening to fracture the bone, filled the resulting cavity with
synthetic bone and sewed me up again. Seemples.
Yikes Sid, you certainly know how to live in the fast lane.
Post by Sid Nuncius
It's no-one's idea of a great day out, I'm feeling a bit knocked about
this morning and typing isn't as easy as it might be, but I'm very
pleased it's been done.
Get well soon, MOPMOB.
2021-07-14 08:01:58 UTC
On 14 Jul 2021 06:32:15 GMT, Jim Easterbrook <***@jim-easterbrook.me.uk>
scrawled in the dust...
Post by Sid Nuncius
It's no-one's idea of a great day out, I'm feeling a bit knocked about
this morning and typing isn't as easy as it might be, but I'm very
pleased it's been done.
Get well soon, MOPMOB.
<not so languid wave>
2021-07-14 10:58:20 UTC
Post by Sid Nuncius
It's no-one's idea of a great day out, I'm feeling a bit knocked about
this morning and typing isn't as easy as it might be, but I'm very
pleased it's been done.
Get well soon, MOPMOB.
<not so languid wave>
<ever so not so one from me>

N.
Hellerat
2021-07-14 11:42:42 UTC
Post by Sid Nuncius
It's no-one's idea of a great day out, I'm feeling a bit knocked about
this morning and typing isn't as easy as it might be, but I'm very
pleased it's been done.
Get well soon, MOPMOB.
<not so languid wave>
<ever so not so one from me>
<Mexican from Cyprus>
--
Yassas,
Anne, Exceptionally Traditionally-built Hellerat
Min
2021-07-15 01:35:38 UTC
Post by Hellerat
Post by Jim Easterbrook
No. I was having a whale of a time listening to some music in an
operating theatre with a numb arm (a procedure in itself) while a
surgeon made a hole in a bone in left thumb, scraped out a tumour which
was threatening to fracture the bone, filled the resulting cavity with
synthetic bone and sewed me up again. Seemples.
Yikes Sid, you certainly know how to live in the fast lane.
It's no-one's idea of a great day out, I'm feeling a bit knocked about
this morning and typing isn't as easy as it might be, but I'm very
pleased it's been done.
Get well soon, MOPMOB.
<not so languid wave>
<ever so not so one from me>
<Mexican from Cyprus>
<Belated Ocean from me and the Hounds!>
Min
Sid Nuncius
2021-07-15 05:31:34 UTC
Post by Min
Post by Hellerat
Post by Jim Easterbrook
No. I was having a whale of a time listening to some music in an
operating theatre with a numb arm (a procedure in itself) while a
surgeon made a hole in a bone in left thumb, scraped out a tumour which
was threatening to fracture the bone, filled the resulting cavity with
synthetic bone and sewed me up again. Seemples.
Yikes Sid, you certainly know how to live in the fast lane.
It's no-one's idea of a great day out, I'm feeling a bit knocked about
this morning and typing isn't as easy as it might be, but I'm very
pleased it's been done.
Get well soon, MOPMOB.
<not so languid wave>
<ever so not so one from me>
<Mexican from Cyprus>
<Belated Ocean from me and the Hounds!>
Many thanks for the good wishes, MOPsMOBs. Still not at the peak of my
form, but getting there...
--
Sid
2021-07-15 07:27:00 UTC
Post by Min
Post by Hellerat
Post by Jim Easterbrook
No. I was having a whale of a time listening to some music in an
operating theatre with a numb arm (a procedure in itself) while a
surgeon made a hole in a bone in left thumb, scraped out a tumour which
was threatening to fracture the bone, filled the resulting cavity with
synthetic bone and sewed me up again. Seemples.
Yikes Sid, you certainly know how to live in the fast lane.
It's no-one's idea of a great day out, I'm feeling a bit knocked about
this morning and typing isn't as easy as it might be, but I'm very
pleased it's been done.
Get well soon, MOPMOB.
<not so languid wave>
<ever so not so one from me>
<Mexican from Cyprus>
<Belated Ocean from me and the Hounds!>
Many thanks for the good wishes, MOPsMOBs. Still not at the peak of my
form, but getting there...
Thumbs up to that , oh! Err….
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan
Sid Nuncius
2021-07-15 07:41:25 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Sid Nuncius
Many thanks for the good wishes, MOPsMOBs. Still not at the peak of my
form, but getting there...
Thumbs up to that , oh! Err….
:o)) Funny you should say that, Mike. I made an incautious thumbs up
gesture yesterday...and then really wished I hadn't.
--
Sid
2021-07-15 11:36:00 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Sid Nuncius
Many thanks for the good wishes, MOPsMOBs. Still not at the peak of my
form, but getting there...
Thumbs up to that , oh! Err….
:o)) Funny you should say that, Mike. I made an incautious thumbs up
gesture yesterday...and then really wished I hadn't.
Oh Dear! (Put it down to a Digital Error Sid)
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan
Serena Blanchflower
2021-07-14 11:40:25 UTC
Post by Sid Nuncius
It's no-one's idea of a great day out, I'm feeling a bit knocked about
this morning and typing isn't as easy as it might be, but I'm very
pleased it's been done.
Get well soon, MOPMOB.
Wot he sed!
In filling in an application, where it says, 'In case of emergency,
notify:' I put 'DOCTOR.'
Vicky Ayech
I hope all is well from now on. All the best.xx
krw
2021-07-14 08:51:33 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Chris
Nothing all day
Come on Umrats, you aren’t using foopball as an excuse now are you???
No.  I was having a whale of a time listening to some music in an
operating theatre with a numb arm (a procedure in itself) while a
surgeon made a hole in a bone in left thumb, scraped out a tumour which
was threatening to fracture the bone, filled the resulting cavity with
synthetic bone and sewed me up again.  Seemples.
The surgeon is pretty confident that any cancerous material has been
removed and that no further treatment will be necessary.  Histology will
confirm in a week or so's time, but she's relaxed about it and I have
complete confidence in her.
It's no-one's idea of a great day out, I'm feeling a bit knocked about
this morning and typing isn't as easy as it might be, but I'm very
pleased it's been done.
Puts my op into perspective. Speedy recovery Sid.
2021-07-14 09:04:58 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Chris
Nothing all day
Come on Umrats, you aren’t using foopball as an excuse now are you???
No.  I was having a whale of a time listening to some music in an
operating theatre with a numb arm (a procedure in itself) while a
surgeon made a hole in a bone in left thumb, scraped out a tumour which
was threatening to fracture the bone, filled the resulting cavity with
synthetic bone and sewed me up again.  Seemples.
The surgeon is pretty confident that any cancerous material has been
removed and that no further treatment will be necessary.  Histology will
confirm in a week or so's time, but she's relaxed about it and I have
complete confidence in her.
It's no-one's idea of a great day out, I'm feeling a bit knocked about
this morning and typing isn't as easy as it might be, but I'm very
pleased it's been done.
Ouch. God* save the NHS. I hope you feel a lot better soon, and that
that's the end of that particular worry, dear MOPMOB.

*insert providential demiurge of choice.
2021-07-15 19:28:31 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Chris
Nothing all day
Come on Umrats, you aren’t using foopball as an excuse now are you???
No. I was having a whale of a time listening to some music in an
operating theatre with a numb arm (a procedure in itself) while a
surgeon made a hole in a bone in left thumb, scraped out a tumour which
was threatening to fracture the bone, filled the resulting cavity with
synthetic bone and sewed me up again. Seemples.
The surgeon is pretty confident that any cancerous material has been
removed and that no further treatment will be necessary. Histology will
confirm in a week or so's time, but she's relaxed about it and I have
complete confidence in her.
It's no-one's idea of a great day out, I'm feeling a bit knocked about
this morning and typing isn't as easy as it might be, but I'm very
pleased it's been done.
Ugh, Sid. Get well soon!! Opens choccie bunker and places packets of
various c*****s within reach of good hand.

I wouldn’t offer you Siri on any Apple device as a dictation friend. She’s
rubbish with it

2021-07-16 07:16:46 UTC
Post by Chris
Post by Sid Nuncius
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Chris
[...]
Sincerely Chris
What would Siri make of ‘Cross Flannel Cherry’ I wonder?!
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan
Peter
2021-07-13 18:45:08 UTC
Post by Chris
Nothing all day
Mr Gilliver was up just before two this morning.
--
The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here
Abraham Lincoln at Gettysburg