When did Kate and Jakob DTD?
kulath
2020-02-13 17:01:09 UTC
I haven't listened enough! Is the relevant episode still available?
Mike
2020-02-13 17:22:16 UTC
Post by kulath
I haven't listened enough! Is the relevant episode still available?
Depends on your type of radio I believe - it is a matter of immaculate
reception.
2020-02-13 18:02:26 UTC
On Thu, 13 Feb 2020 09:01:09 -0800 (PST), kulath <***@gmail.com>
scrawled in the dust...
Post by kulath
I haven't listened enough! Is the relevant episode still available?
I think they've been at it for a while. Kate did move in with Jakob
recently when Peggy's boiler was on the blink - against his wishes and
better judgement. Just when conception took place, if it did, is anyone's
guess at the moment.
2020-02-13 18:19:27 UTC
Post by kulath
I haven't listened enough! Is the relevant episode still available?
I think they've been at it for a while. Kate did move in with Jakob
recently when Peggy's boiler was on the blink - against his wishes and
better judgement. Just when conception took place, if it did, is anyone's
guess at the moment.
I still hope he will announce he has had the snip! Whereas I realise such
surgery is not 100% guaranteed to prevent an outbreak of the most motile
little wrigglers, I feel sure that faced with the possibility of intimacy
with Kate, this would be an absolutely 100% solid ‘No Way’.
2020-02-13 21:41:26 UTC
Post by kulath
I haven't listened enough! Is the relevant episode still available?
I think they've been at it for a while. Kate did move in with Jakob
recently when Peggy's boiler was on the blink - against his wishes and
better judgement. Just when conception took place, if it did, is anyone's
guess at the moment.
I still hope he will announce he has had the snip! Whereas I realise such
surgery is not 100% guaranteed to prevent an outbreak of the most motile
little wrigglers, I feel sure that faced with the possibility of intimacy
with Kate, this would be an absolutely 100% solid ‘No Way’.
Do you mean those little wrigglers would turn tail and rush home, rather
than encounter Kate?
2020-02-13 18:58:24 UTC
Post by kulath
I haven't listened enough! Is the relevant episode still available?
I think they've been at it for a while. Kate did move in with Jakob
recently when Peggy's boiler was on the blink - against his wishes and
better judgement. Just when conception took place, if it did, is anyone's
guess at the moment.
Kate said it was "a few weeks or so", when Alice asked her how far into
her pregnancy she was.

By the way, welcome to umra, or should I have recognised you as a long
time umrat?
I like nonsense; it wakes up the brain cells (Dr. Seuss)
DavidK
I remember Kate telling Peggy that she can be noisy on such occasions.
carolet
2020-02-14 14:12:52 UTC
Post by DavidK
Post by kulath
I haven't listened enough! Is the relevant episode still available?
I think they've been at it for a while. Kate did move in with Jakob
recently when Peggy's boiler was on the blink - against his wishes and
better judgement. Just when conception took place, if it did, is anyone's
guess at the moment.
Kate said it was "a few weeks or so", when Alice asked her how far
into her pregnancy she was.
By the way, welcome to umra, or should I have recognised you as a long
time umrat?
I remember Kate telling Peggy that she can be noisy on such occasions.
True. That was in response to Peggy's suggestion that he stayed with
them. I believe that was when she was insisting on playing up to Kate's
claim that she was Peggy's carer, and Peggy could not be left alone.
Presumably Jakob has discovered that that was not true. Did we hear that
revelation or what Jakob's reaction to it was?
2020-02-14 15:15:02 UTC
Post by DavidK
Post by kulath
[...]
No, I think we can put this down to some more abysmal SW’ing.
2020-02-15 08:37:30 UTC
Post by DavidK
I remember Kate telling Peggy that she can be noisy on such occasions.
True. That was in response to Peggy's suggestion that he stayed with
them. I believe that was when she was insisting on playing up to Kate's
claim that she was Peggy's carer, and Peggy could not be left alone.
Presumably Jakob has discovered that that was not true. Did we hear that
revelation or what Jakob's reaction to it was?
No, I think we can put this down to some more abysmal SW’ing.
I think that's true but a little unfair. Kate played the Joyce card,
Peggy capitulated, and the cat returned with kittens after some humorous
whispering.
SODAM
2020-02-15 15:27:18 UTC
Post by DavidK
I think that's true but a little unfair. Kate played the Joyce card,
Peggy capitulated, and the cat returned with kittens after some humorous
whispering.
I think you mean “humorous”.
--
SODAM
The thinking umrat’s choice for editor
DavidK
You may be right, who knows :-)
kulath
Oh yes, now it is coming back to me - Kate had a bit of a crush on Jakob, so was it her having a good time with him that was the cause of the noise, if so, when was that (still looking for some replay of the episode for evidence that they had actually got together).
Penny
2020-02-16 15:37:16 UTC
On Sun, 16 Feb 2020 07:15:45 -0800 (PST), kulath <***@gmail.com>
scrawled in the dust...
Post by kulath
Oh yes, now it is coming back to me - Kate had a bit of a crush on Jakob, so
was it her having a good time with him that was the cause of the noise, if
so, when was that (still looking for some replay of the episode for
evidence that they had actually got together).

Any chance you could add line breaks to your posts, Tim? Scrolling several
page widths to the right to read them is very awkward.

I think Kate and Jakob got together some time ago, much to everyone's
surprise ... including Jakob's. Did he 'win' some sort of therapy session
from her which he probably didn't want but was cajoled into by Kate? I
forget.

They must both be getting something out of it but it seems unlikely their
motivations are entirely in sync.
2020-02-16 17:19:28 UTC
Post by kulath
Oh yes, now it is coming back to me - Kate had a bit of a crush on Jakob, so
was it her having a good time with him that was the cause of the noise, if
so, when was that (still looking for some replay of the episode for
evidence that they had actually got together).
Any chance you could add line breaks to your posts, Tim? Scrolling several
page widths to the right to read them is very awkward.
A cursory glance on the interweb thingy suggests that Forte Agent users
(such as you, Penny) should have Message>Word Wrap selected to deal with
long lines.

2020-02-16 17:38:56 UTC
On Sun, 16 Feb 2020 17:19:28 +0000, John Ashby <***@yahoo.com>
Post by kulath
Oh yes, now it is coming back to me - Kate had a bit of a crush on Jakob, so
was it her having a good time with him that was the cause of the noise, if
so, when was that (still looking for some replay of the episode for
evidence that they had actually got together).
Any chance you could add line breaks to your posts, Tim? Scrolling several
page widths to the right to read them is very awkward.
A cursory glance on the interweb thingy suggests that Forte Agent users
(such as you, Penny) should have Message>Word Wrap selected to deal with
long lines.
Thanks John, I've turned that on, will see how it goes.
2020-02-16 15:37:40 UTC
Post by kulath
Post by kulath
[...]
No, I think it was a bit more recent that that, although it was in the
fairly early days of their relationship. It was when Kate had been
trying to impress him with the level of care she gave her grandmother
and how essential she was to her. Having established that Peggy
couldn't possibly be left alone, it was then impossible for Kate to take
off and spend the night with Jakob, without blowing her cover.

Peggy suggested Jakob could stay the night with her, but (to Peggy's
huge amusement) Kate was far too embarassed at the idea of Peggy hearing
her raptures, to cope with that idea.

I forget exactly how Peggy let her off the hook but I do remember it was
a bit of a damp squib.
Dreaming, I dreamt that life was all joy. Waking, I found that life
demands service. Serving, I found that joy is in service.
(Rabindranath Tagore)
kulath
2020-02-16 16:38:25 UTC
Post by kulath
Post by kulath
[...]
So, I remember Kate trying to find somewhere she could stay the night with
Jakob, and I remember her deciding it couldn't be where Peggy could hear.

And I remember Peggy letting Kate off the hook about Peggy not being able to
be left alone.

But I don't remember Kate actually 'getting off with' Jakob - it all seemed
as though her wanting to have a romance with him was just one sided, and
Jakob didn't seem interested.

So did Kate actually manage to get the romance to progress, and did they find
somewhere to actually 'do it'?
Serena Blanchflower
2020-02-16 17:05:12 UTC
Post by kulath
Post by kulath
[...]
Like you, I can't remember Kate actually getting off with him but I'm
pretty sure that had already happened before the charade about Kate
being Peggy's full time carer began. At that stage, she would have been
able to go back to his place, without difficulty.

I do agree that it seemed very one sided in the early stages and it has
never seemed too plausible that Jakob would be interested in Kate. OK,
I know opposites often attract but there are, generally, limits and
these two seem far beyond those limits.
War is cowardly escape from the problems of peace. (Thomas Mann)
Chris McMillan
2020-02-16 17:19:12 UTC
Post by kulath
[...]
In order to have her night with Jakob, she asked her ‘new friend’ Joy to
sit with Peggoi for the evening and call back first thing. Hence meeting
(or losing) Hilda Ogden.

2020-02-16 17:35:12 UTC
Post by kulath
Post by kulath
[...]
Presumably they did it at Jakob's, he has his own flat after all, but I
don't think we have heard them at it at all.

Last Autumn Jakob went off to Scandinavia for a few weeks, and Kate felt
abandoned. When he returned Kate was very short with him and it looked
like they would separate. Kate's attentions were transferred to Alice
who soon got fed up with this, particularly with the proposed matching
tattoos. On the 28th October Alice decided to go and see Jakob and told
him that he was in danger of losing Kate. So he skived off work and
broke various traffic regulation to reach her as soon as possible, and
they agreed that they were still together. I don't know whether they had
previously been at it, but I think we can assume that it would have
happened not too long after this.
2020-02-16 19:00:25 UTC
On Sun, 16 Feb 2020 15:37:40 +0000, Serena Blanchflower wrote:

I forget exactly how Peggy let her off the hook but I do remember it was
a bit of a damp squib.
That's a very disrespectful way to refer to Jakob's equipment.
2020-02-16 19:16:13 UTC
I forget exactly how Peggy let her off the hook but I do remember it was
a bit of a damp squib.
That's a very disrespectful way to refer to Jakob's equipment.
Splutter

2020-02-16 19:34:22 UTC
I forget exactly how Peggy let her off the hook but I do remember it was
a bit of a damp squib.
That's a very disrespectful way to refer to Jakob's equipment.
I believe he is very good with a syringe (nudge-nudge, wink-wink) arrrffff.
2020-02-17 00:28:33 UTC
I forget exactly how Peggy let her off the hook but I do remember it was
a bit of a damp squib.
That's a very disrespectful way to refer to Jakob's equipment.
What type of firework would you prefer in this context?
2020-02-17 15:05:15 UTC
I forget exactly how Peggy let her off the hook but I do remember it was
a bit of a damp squib.
That's a very disrespectful way to refer to Jakob's equipment.
What type of firework would you prefer in this context?
Oi! BrritSki!
I saw the original and the possibilities, but couldn't think of a good
way to errrm, raise it. Bro Steve did a great job though :)
Mike
2020-02-17 15:24:11 UTC
I forget exactly how Peggy let her off the hook but I do remember it was
a bit of a damp squib.
That's a very disrespectful way to refer to Jakob's equipment.
What type of firework would you prefer in this context?
Oi! BrritSki!
I saw the original and the possibilities, but couldn't think of a good
way to errrm, raise it. Bro Steve did a great job though :)
How about a Roman Scandal?
2020-02-17 15:27:16 UTC
I forget exactly how Peggy let her off the hook but I do remember it was
a bit of a damp squib.
That's a very disrespectful way to refer to Jakob's equipment.
What type of firework would you prefer in this context?
Oi! BrritSki!
I saw the original and the possibilities, but couldn't think of a good
way to errrm, raise it. Bro Steve did a great job though :)
How about a Roman Scandal?
Though, I suppose Kate might have had a Golden Rain herself ;-)
Does she know the Donald then ?
BrritSki
Tracey is very happy with Roman's candle
Mike
2020-02-17 15:38:23 UTC
I forget exactly how Peggy let her off the hook but I do remember it was
a bit of a damp squib.
That's a very disrespectful way to refer to Jakob's equipment.
What type of firework would you prefer in this context?
Oi! BrritSki!
I saw the original and the possibilities, but couldn't think of a good
way to errrm, raise it. Bro Steve did a great job though :)
How about a Roman Scandal?
Tracey is very happy with Roman's candle
Do you think she has Rode that Roman then?

Chris McMillan
2020-02-14 15:36:59 UTC
Post by DavidK
Post by kulath
I haven't listened enough! Is the relevant episode still available?
I think they've been at it for a while. Kate did move in with Jakob
recently when Peggy's boiler was on the blink - against his wishes and
better judgement. Just when conception took place, if it did, is anyone's
guess at the moment.
Kate said it was "a few weeks or so", when Alice asked her how far into
her pregnancy she was.
By the way, welcome to umra, or should I have recognised you as a long
time umrat?
I remember Kate telling Peggy that she can be noisy on such occasions.
Which was TMI for listeners, never mind Peggoi. How long since Krait
forgave Jakob for so called deserting her?

2020-02-14 16:20:40 UTC
Post by DavidK
Post by kulath
I haven't listened enough! Is the relevant episode still available?
I think they've been at it for a while. Kate did move in with Jakob
recently when Peggy's boiler was on the blink - against his wishes and
better judgement. Just when conception took place, if it did, is anyone's
guess at the moment.
Kate said it was "a few weeks or so", when Alice asked her how far into
her pregnancy she was.
By the way, welcome to umra, or should I have recognised you as a long
time umrat?
I remember Kate telling Peggy that she can be noisy on such occasions.
Which was TMI for listeners, never mind Peggoi. How long since Krait
forgave Jakob for so called deserting her?
Sincerely Chris
I cannot imagine what CJD sees in Krait, her unreasonable and very selfish
demands do not sit well with his manner and apparent likes and preferences
- it just wouldn’t work - couldn’t happen and this ridiculous storyline
suggests a case of an immaculate deception. It just isn’t right - in fact I
think it is utter tosh, total rubbish, complete bollocks and an impossibly
stupid plot line. (Give me a little more time and I’ll tell you what I
really think!).
2020-02-14 18:36:55 UTC
Post by DavidK
Post by kulath
[...]
Yes and I very much hope they are not going to add to the unlikeliness
by letting Kate have her baby while living withJakob in some sort of
bliss. For her, not him.
Chris J Dixon
2020-02-15 09:52:29 UTC
I cannot imagine what CJD sees in Krait,
Not me mate! ;-)

***@cdixon.me.uk @ChrisJDixon1
2020-02-15 10:07:13 UTC
Post by Chris J Dixon
Post by Mike
I cannot imagine what CJD sees in Krait,
Not me mate! ;-)
Chris
So you don’t want your kroyts felt by Krait???!
2020-02-16 08:20:55 UTC
Post by Chris J Dixon
Post by Mike
I cannot imagine what CJD sees in Krait,
Not me mate! ;-)
So you don’t want your kroyts felt by Krait???!
That mad cow?

***@cdixon.me.uk @ChrisJDixon1
Plant amazing Acers.
t***@gmail.com
2020-02-15 11:42:09 UTC
Thanks Serena, but actually I have been here for quite a long time, including with various aliases, but couldn't be bothered to hide my name so much this time, though I see I was posting in 1998 as myself.
Chris McMillan
2020-02-15 11:55:10 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by Serena Blanchflower
By the way, welcome to umra, or should I have recognised you as a long
time umrat?
I like nonsense; it wakes up the brain cells (Dr. Seuss)
Thanks Serena, but actually I have been here for quite a long time,
including with various aliases, but couldn't be bothered to hide my name
so much this time, though I see I was posting in 1998 as myself.
Were you?? Hides behind the choccie bunker in shame.

2020-02-16 08:55:00 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by Serena Blanchflower
By the way, welcome to umra, or should I have recognised you as a long
time umrat?
I like nonsense; it wakes up the brain cells (Dr. Seuss)
Thanks Serena, but actually I have been here for quite a long time,
including with various aliases, but couldn't be bothered to hide my name
so much this time, though I see I was posting in 1998 as myself.
Were you?? Hides behind the choccie bunker in shame.
I'll join you there, Chris. Munch, munch.
Be yourself, everyone else is taken (Oscar Wilde)
Mike
2020-02-16 09:50:13 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by Serena Blanchflower
By the way, welcome to umra, or should I have recognised you as a long
time umrat?
I like nonsense; it wakes up the brain cells (Dr. Seuss)
Thanks Serena, but actually I have been here for quite a long time,
including with various aliases, but couldn't be bothered to hide my name
so much this time, though I see I was posting in 1998 as myself.
Were you?? Hides behind the choccie bunker in shame.
I'll join you there, Chris. Munch, munch.
Chris says it is even better in the bunker with company!
2020-02-16 10:30:36 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by Serena Blanchflower
By the way, welcome to umra, or should I have recognised you as a long
time umrat?
I like nonsense; it wakes up the brain cells (Dr. Seuss)
Thanks Serena, but actually I have been here for quite a long time,
including with various aliases, but couldn't be bothered to hide my name
so much this time, though I see I was posting in 1998 as myself.
Were you?? Hides behind the choccie bunker in shame.
I'll join you there, Chris. Munch, munch.
Chris says it is even better in the bunker with company!
I am happy to do my good deed of the day by joining you two in eating
chocolate in the bunker.
Chris McMillan
2020-02-16 12:39:14 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by Serena Blanchflower
By the way, welcome to umra, or should I have recognised you as a long
time umrat?
I like nonsense; it wakes up the brain cells (Dr. Seuss)
Thanks Serena, but actually I have been here for quite a long time,
including with various aliases, but couldn't be bothered to hide my name
so much this time, though I see I was posting in 1998 as myself.
Were you?? Hides behind the choccie bunker in shame.
I'll join you there, Chris. Munch, munch.
You’re welcome to any milk choc, and white too.

2020-02-16 13:05:02 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by Serena Blanchflower
By the way, welcome to umra, or should I have recognised you as a long
time umrat?
I like nonsense; it wakes up the brain cells (Dr. Seuss)
Thanks Serena, but actually I have been here for quite a long time,
including with various aliases, but couldn't be bothered to hide my name
so much this time, though I see I was posting in 1998 as myself.
Were you?? Hides behind the choccie bunker in shame.
I'll join you there, Chris. Munch, munch.
You’re welcome to any milk choc, and white too.
No thanks. Like you, I'm sticking to the very dark stuff, 85 / 90% cocoa :)
It actually doesn't take much to be considered a difficult woman. That's
why there are so many of us. (Jane Goodall)
Mike
2020-02-16 13:32:47 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by Serena Blanchflower
By the way, welcome to umra, or should I have recognised you as a long
time umrat?
I like nonsense; it wakes up the brain cells (Dr. Seuss)
Thanks Serena, but actually I have been here for quite a long time,
including with various aliases, but couldn't be bothered to hide my name
so much this time, though I see I was posting in 1998 as myself.
Were you?? Hides behind the choccie bunker in shame.
I'll join you there, Chris. Munch, munch.
You’re welcome to any milk choc, and white too.
No thanks. Like you, I'm sticking to the very dark stuff, 85 / 90% cocoa :)
Good Girl, we are also told that it is good for us. I’m very happy to
accept that as gold standard fact ;-)
2020-02-16 15:30:32 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by Serena Blanchflower
By the way, welcome to umra, or should I have recognised you as a long
time umrat?
I like nonsense; it wakes up the brain cells (Dr. Seuss)
Thanks Serena, but actually I have been here for quite a long time,
including with various aliases, but couldn't be bothered to hide my name
so much this time, though I see I was posting in 1998 as myself.
Were you?? Hides behind the choccie bunker in shame.
I'll join you there, Chris. Munch, munch.
You’re welcome to any milk choc, and white too.
No thanks. Like you, I'm sticking to the very dark stuff, 85 / 90% cocoa :)
Good Girl, we are also told that it is good for us. I’m very happy to
accept that as gold standard fact ;-)
Yes, I remember there being a lot of very happy people, when that
research was published ;) Along with a lot of supposition that those
research projects will have had remarkably little difficulty in finding
volunteers...
No man is a failure who is enjoying life (William Feather)
Chris McMillan
2020-02-16 17:19:11 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by Serena Blanchflower
By the way, welcome to umra, or should I have recognised you as a long
time umrat?
I like nonsense; it wakes up the brain cells (Dr. Seuss)
Thanks Serena, but actually I have been here for quite a long time,
including with various aliases, but couldn't be bothered to hide my name
so much this time, though I see I was posting in 1998 as myself.
Were you?? Hides behind the choccie bunker in shame.
I'll join you there, Chris. Munch, munch.
You’re welcome to any milk choc, and white too.
No thanks. Like you, I'm sticking to the very dark stuff, 85 / 90% cocoa :)
We’ll let Vicky have it all then.

:)

2020-02-16 17:30:45 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by Serena Blanchflower
By the way, welcome to umra, or should I have recognised you as a long
time umrat?
I like nonsense; it wakes up the brain cells (Dr. Seuss)
Thanks Serena, but actually I have been here for quite a long time,
including with various aliases, but couldn't be bothered to hide my name
so much this time, though I see I was posting in 1998 as myself.
Were you?? Hides behind the choccie bunker in shame.
I'll join you there, Chris. Munch, munch.
You’re welcome to any milk choc, and white too.
No thanks. Like you, I'm sticking to the very dark stuff, 85 / 90% cocoa :)
We’ll let Vicky have it all then.
:)
Yes, fortunately, there are a good number of people who love the milk
and white choc and who will be happy to leave the dark stuff for us :)
Broken pencils are pointless.