OT: Thunderbird being naughty again
2018-04-01 13:29:16 UTC
I think I've mentioned here before that TB insists on behaving
differently on my lapdog to what it does on my desky. It's latest trick
is that it won't obey the rules for moving mailing list messages to
their appropriate folders.

I have the same set-up as on the desky, with separate accounts for my
knitting, family history and other interests and for each account there
is an inbox for general mail and folders for each mailing list. The
mailing list messages are all landing in inbox and when I go to the
Message Filters I find they are disabled. I tick the box to enable it
and try and get TB to "run filter now" and it tells me that the folder
doesn't exist. But the folder does exist and I can, for example, select
"LUG on Genes" (LUG being the mailing list folder and Genes being the
account) in the "Run selected filter(s) on" selection box.

As I said, the set-up mirrors that on my desky and the filters work
perfectly there. Any suggestions?
2018-04-01 14:16:07 UTC
[...]
I can only imagine that there may have been some subtle change in the
file structure, unnoticed by the human eye but all too visible to a
computer. Try going into edit one of the filters and reselecting the
filter it's meant to move stuff to. Save than and then see whether
running the filter works OK.
England has no kidney bank, but it does have a Liverpool.