Siobhan's return
2020-11-12 19:47:26 UTC
The BBC has put a video up on the website, withg a chat between Ruairi,
Brian, Jennifer and Siobhan, discussing the current storyline.

You can find it at
<https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/3hvprMtrt4xwJx5d1Hgy5vC/siobhan-donovan-back-from-the-dead>.
Q. What is green and moody?
A. The incredible sulk.
Vicky Ayech
2020-11-12 21:35:31 UTC
On Thu, 12 Nov 2020 19:47:26 +0000, Serena Blanchflower
Post by Serena Blanchflower
The BBC has put a video up on the website, withg a chat between Ruairi,
Brian, Jennifer and Siobhan, discussing the current storyline.
You can find it at
<https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/3hvprMtrt4xwJx5d1Hgy5vC/siobhan-donovan-back-from-the-dead>.
Thank you, Serena. I really enjoyed seeing that. You should put it on
the fb group too. If noone has.
Serena Blanchflower
2020-11-12 21:50:16 UTC
Post by Vicky Ayech
Thank you, Serena. I really enjoyed seeing that. You should put it on
the fb group too. If noone has.
I'll leave that to you. I have't been following any of the FB Archers
groups recently.
The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.
Vicky Ayech
2020-11-12 21:58:46 UTC
On Thu, 12 Nov 2020 19:47:26 +0000, Serena Blanchflower
Post by Serena Blanchflower
The BBC has put a video up on the website, withg a chat between Ruairi,
Brian, Jennifer and Siobhan, discussing the current storyline.
You can find it at
<https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/3hvprMtrt4xwJx5d1Hgy5vC/siobhan-donovan-back-from-the-dead>.
The whole episode was well done. The writer today and last night was
so much better than Monday's. Is it the same one?
krw
2020-11-12 23:32:50 UTC
On Thu, 12 Nov 2020 19:47:26 +0000, Serena Blanchflower
Post by Serena Blanchflower
The BBC has put a video up on the website, withg a chat between Ruairi,
Brian, Jennifer and Siobhan, discussing the current storyline.
You can find it at
<https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/3hvprMtrt4xwJx5d1Hgy5vC/siobhan-donovan-back-from-the-dead>.
The whole episode was well done. The writer today and last night was
so much better than Monday's. Is it the same one?
Writers this week:
Writer - Liz John
Writer - Katie Hims

Is the arrangement Monday / Wednesday and Tuesday / Thursday and given
we are back to normal discussions why are they still using two writers?
I understand that in the early days of trying to the ship back on
track and writing monologues took a lot more work - but why is it being
perpetuated?

Normally a single writer would do 6 episodes at a time - why is it more
difficult to do 4 and surely quality control must suffer if a single
writer does not look after a whole week?
So we still don't know if it was her's or Hims ?
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2020-11-13 13:22:49 UTC
Normally a single writer would do 6 episodes at a time - why is it
more difficult to do 4 and surely quality control must suffer if a
single writer does not look after a whole week?
So we still don't know if it was her's or Hims ?
You remind me that the Folkestone Wetherspoons - which is a former
church - still has downstairs the old board headed HYMNS.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
An opposite, another such board, labelled HYRS.

Never. For me, there has to be a meaning. There's not much meaning in eating
bugs. - Darcey Bussell (on whether she'd appear on /I'm a Celebrity/), in RT
2015/11/28-12/4
Vicky Ayech
2020-11-13 09:42:40 UTC
[...]
Well there was a sharp difference I thought in quality between M/Tues
and Wed/Thurs. I don't think it is just that W/Th got the better half
of each story, is it?
Jenny M Benson
2020-11-13 10:25:02 UTC
Writer    -    Liz John
Writer    -    Katie Hims
Not enough to tempt me back to TA (I see plenty enough here to know it's
not for me any more) but I do like Katie Hims' stuff. I've really
enjoyed much of her output which I've heard on R4X.
Wrexham, UK
Vicky Ayech
VW is on R4E as producer of Persuasion. Not sure when she did it.
carolet
2020-11-13 14:36:24 UTC
Post by Jenny M Benson
Writer    -    Liz John
Writer    -    Katie Hims
Not enough to tempt me back to TA (I see plenty enough here to know it's
not for me any more) but I do like Katie Hims' stuff. I've really
enjoyed much of her output which I've heard on R4X.
VW is on R4E as producer of Persuasion. Not sure when she did it.
According to the BBC Sounds blurb, it was first broadcast in 1986, so
presumably shortly before then. The cast features Alison Dowling,
Patricia Gallimore, Hedli Niklaus and Carole Boyd.
2020-11-13 09:05:57 UTC
The BBC has put a video up on the website, withg a chat between Ruairi,
Brian, Jennifer and Siobhan, discussing the current storyline.
You can find it at
<https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/3hvprMtrt4xwJx5d1Hgy5vC/siobhan-donovan-back-from-the-dead>.
There seems to be rather a lot of references to Brian’s balls; however, my
memory must be failing me for I do not recall them being “up in the air”!
I think at the time we were spared the actual details of positions, :)
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2020-11-13 13:30:23 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by Serena Blanchflower
The BBC has put a video up on the website, withg a chat between Ruairi,
Brian, Jennifer and Siobhan, discussing the current storyline.
You can find it at
<https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/3hvprMtrt4xwJx5d1Hgy5vC/sio
bhan-donovan-back-from-the-dead>.
There seems to be rather a lot of references to Brian’s balls; however, my
memory must be failing me for I do not recall them being “up in the air”!
I think at the time we were spared the actual details of positions, :)
In the past you weren't:
http://www.seansaunders.co.uk/andrew/bbc/Dancing_with_your_balls.mp3

2015/11/28-12/4
Chris McMillan
2020-11-13 09:15:20 UTC
The BBC has put a video up on the website, withg a chat between Ruairi,
Brian, Jennifer and Siobhan, discussing the current storyline.
You can find it at
<https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/3hvprMtrt4xwJx5d1Hgy5vC/siobhan-donovan-back-from-the-dead>.
Thanks Serena. Bit muffled in places but enjoyable.