Report
2018-11-03 15:52:09 UTC
For those interested in my visit to hospital I can report as follows:

Arrived early and seen by nursing staff almost straight away labelled
arm and leg with both name and penicillin problem. Blood sugars OK and
slightly high blood pressure. On enquiry I find I am first in operating
list at 2. Relatively brief visit from the surgeon. Junior and senior
anaethetists (sp?) saw me separately - the junior was relatively new I
think and being overseen.

Walked to theatre at about 2:15 and there was a good handover to ensure
right files, right patient - triple checked I think.

Soon I was asleep.

Woke about 5:30, operation took longer than expected as gall bladder was
inflamed and needed detaching from other organs but the good news
technically no complications and it was all done by keyhole work. Four
cuts - one in belly button, two to one side and one at bottom of central
breastbone.

Once awake started consuming drinks (they put a tube down my throat so
slightly sore). They had administered pain control whilst asleep and I
felt sore and some discomfort but no pain. And I did not feel sick from
the knock out drugs which is common.

Wofe arrived. Eventually visited toilet facilities at which point they
can release you so we left about 8:15pm. Came home and consumed some
soup and much more liquid as mouth very dry.

Did not sleep well as visited toilet many many times.

Only one painkiller today mainly as prevention. Otherwise all seems
well. Some soreness and discomfort moving around but hopefully merely
the wounds healing.

So I will catch up shortly.
2018-11-03 16:20:53 UTC
<snip> (Er...so to speak.)

Glad all went well, MOPMOB. Might I suggest that you take it just a
little easier than you feel is really necessary for a day or two? Just
to make sure you give things a chance to settle.

Keep us posted.
2018-11-03 16:42:15 UTC
<snip> (Er...so to speak.)
Glad all went well, MOPMOB. Might I suggest that you take it just a
little easier than you feel is really necessary for a day or two? Just
to make sure you give things a chance to settle.
Keep us posted.
Would be galling to undo the surgeon’s good work.
2018-11-04 11:41:24 UTC
<snip> (Er...so to speak.)
Glad all went well, MOPMOB. Might I suggest that you take it just a
little easier than you feel is really necessary for a day or two? Just
to make sure you give things a chance to settle.
Keep us posted.
Would be galling to undo the surgeon’s good work.
You can obviously occupy your mind following McT’s advice ...

<particularly languid wave>
LFS
2018-11-03 17:48:03 UTC
<snip>  (Er...so to speak.)
Glad all went well, MOPMOB.  Might I suggest that you take it just a
little easier than you feel is really necessary for a day or two?  Just
to make sure you give things a chance to settle.
Keep us posted.
Echoing Sid's comments, especially the advice about taking things easy.
IME what you bounce back from in your forties takes a good deal longer
to settle down in later years.
2018-11-03 18:12:57 UTC
Post by LFS
<snip>  (Er...so to speak.)
Glad all went well, MOPMOB.  Might I suggest that you take it just a
little easier than you feel is really necessary for a day or two?  Just
to make sure you give things a chance to settle.
Keep us posted.
Echoing Sid's comments, especially the advice about taking things easy.
IME what you bounce back from in your forties takes a good deal longer
to settle down in later years.
Is this like ‘Taking all night to do what you used to do all night’?
2018-11-03 20:45:09 UTC
Post by LFS
<snip>  (Er...so to speak.)
Glad all went well, MOPMOB.  Might I suggest that you take it just a
little easier than you feel is really necessary for a day or two?  Just
to make sure you give things a chance to settle.
Keep us posted.
Echoing Sid's comments, especially the advice about taking things easy.
IME what you bounce back from in your forties takes a good deal longer
to settle down in later years.
Is this like ‘Taking all night to do what you used to do all night’?
Steady on! He's only just come round from the anesthetic!

Nick
(echoing all the other good thoughts that are coming your way from
hereabouts)
Serena Blanchflower
2018-11-03 18:36:43 UTC
<snip>  (Er...so to speak.)
Glad all went well, MOPMOB.  Might I suggest that you take it just a
little easier than you feel is really necessary for a day or two?  Just
to make sure you give things a chance to settle.
Keep us posted.
<languid wave>

Glad it went smoothly and best wishes for a swift recovery.
Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone, you may still exist,
but you have ceased to live. (Mark Twain)
Sam Plusnet
2018-11-03 21:39:47 UTC
<snip>  (Er...so to speak.)
Glad all went well, MOPMOB.  Might I suggest that you take it just a
little easier than you feel is really necessary for a day or two?
Just to make sure you give things a chance to settle.
Keep us posted.
<languid wave>
Glad it went smoothly and best wishes for a swift recovery.
And from here also.
As some Americans say, on taking their leave.
Be well.
2018-11-04 11:41:23 UTC
<snip> (Er...so to speak.)
Glad all went well, MOPMOB. Might I suggest that you take it just a
little easier than you feel is really necessary for a day or two? Just
to make sure you give things a chance to settle.
Keep us posted.
Take it very slowly. Milk it for all it’s worth being winter. Get well
soon.

Sincerely Mr and Mrs McT
Vicky Ayech
2018-11-03 18:45:45 UTC
Arrived early and seen by nursing staff almost straight away labelled
arm and leg with both name and penicillin problem. Blood sugars OK and
slightly high blood pressure. On enquiry I find I am first in operating
list at 2. Relatively brief visit from the surgeon. Junior and senior
If first should you have been 1?
Post by krw
[...]
Very well done! They took the right organ and you got home the same
day. Hope the recovery progresses well and all settles down.
Penny
2018-11-03 20:30:59 UTC
On Sat, 3 Nov 2018 15:52:09 +0000, krw <***@whitnet.uk> scrawled in the
dust...
---8<---
Post by krw
Came home
Only one painkiller today mainly as prevention. Otherwise all seems
well. Some soreness and discomfort moving around but hopefully merely
the wounds healing.
All sounds good - treat yourself gently.
2018-11-04 13:26:42 UTC
dust...
---8<---
Post by krw
Came home
Only one painkiller today mainly as prevention. Otherwise all seems
well. Some soreness and discomfort moving around but hopefully merely
the wounds healing.
All sounds good - treat yourself gently.
Thanks everyone. I am indeed taking things easy. Not much to do this
week at all.