Peter Green
Add Reply
Peter
2020-07-25 16:47:44 UTC
Peter Green dead. Apparently.
Steve Hague
2020-07-25 17:47:14 UTC
Peter Green dead.  Apparently.
Ex of John Mayall's Bluesbreakers, the real Fleetwood Mac, and didn't he
become a gravedigger? I might be thinking of someone more Pink Floyd
related for the latter part of that assumption. A very fine guitar
player, but why is he only apparently dead?
2020-07-25 19:03:14 UTC
Post by Steve Hague
Peter Green dead.  Apparently.
Ex of John Mayall's Bluesbreakers, the real Fleetwood Mac, and didn't he
become a gravedigger? I might be thinking of someone more Pink Floyd
related for the latter part of that assumption. A very fine guitar
player, but why is he only apparently dead?
Genius guitar player, IMO, and I was boring people here with his virtues
not so long ago. He wrote two of my favourite songs ever: Man Of The
World and The Green Manalishi. I don't think he was a gravedigger
(BIMBAM), but he did have some severe mental illness and received ECT
and other treatment in psychiatric hospitals.

I'm very sad that he's gone; his work has brought me huge pleasure over
the years and still does. I wrote to him when he re-emerged and began
to record again and received a very nice reply from his agent (and a
signed photo[1]) saying how much such letters of support helped him. It
may just have been PR BS, but I hope there was some truth in it.

I shall play Need Your Love So Bad and raise a glass to the man tonight.

Oh well.

[1]Interestingly, it was signed "Peter Greenbaum", a name I thought he'd
left behind.
2020-07-25 22:51:51 UTC
On Sat, 25 Jul 2020 20:03:14 +0100, Sid Nuncius wrote:

illness and received ECT
Was that for his dyslexia?
2020-07-26 05:20:31 UTC
illness and received ECT
Was that for his dyslexia?
<self-whoosh>
Peter
2020-07-25 19:39:25 UTC
Post by Steve Hague
Peter Green dead.  Apparently.
Ex of John Mayall's Bluesbreakers, the real Fleetwood Mac, and didn't he
become a gravedigger? I might be thinking of someone more Pink Floyd
related for the latter part of that assumption. A very fine guitar
player, but why is he only apparently dead?
The news was very fresh. But since repeated, so yes it is more than
just apparent.
Steve
Peter
2020-07-26 12:28:39 UTC
Peter Green dead.  Apparently.
Only subsequently did I see that 198kHz
had mentioned it. My
Apollo Gees.
198kHz
2020-07-26 22:36:49 UTC
Post by Peter
Peter Green dead.  Apparently.
Only subsequently did I see that 198kHz
http://youtu.be/mdt0SOqPJcg had mentioned it.  My
Apollo Gees.
Accepted.
Re previous ^^ query - yes he was for a while a gravedigger.
--
198kHz