Ask EU:Thunderbird news
2019-11-17 18:41:28 UTC
Since the mmove to W10 and an 'upgrade' to TB 68.2.2 I have noticed that
using the space bar to move to the next message doesn't always work. I
then use 'F' which is only useful if you've remembered to select
'Unread' in the message box, and also runs the risk of your
inadvertently missing bits of message below the scroll line.

Has anyone else noticed the bad behaviour of the space bar? Is there
anything I can do about it?
2019-11-17 18:58:54 UTC
Post by Kate B
Since the mmove to W10 and an 'upgrade' to TB 68.2.2 I have noticed that
using the space bar to move to the next message doesn't always work. I
then use 'F' which is only useful if you've remembered to select
'Unread' in the message box, and also runs the risk of your
inadvertently missing bits of message below the scroll line.
Has anyone else noticed the bad behaviour of the space bar? Is there
anything I can do about it?
Yes I have, and nothing that I know of. It's a boodly nuisance.

HTH.
2019-11-17 20:20:43 UTC
Post by Kate B
Since the mmove to W10 and an 'upgrade' to TB 68.2.2 I have noticed
that using the space bar to move to the next message doesn't always
work. I then use 'F' which is only useful if you've remembered to
select 'Unread' in the message box, and also runs the risk of your
inadvertently missing bits of message below the scroll line.
Has anyone else noticed the bad behaviour of the space bar? Is there
anything I can do about it?
Yes I have, and nothing that I know of.  It's a boodly nuisance.
HTH.
+1 - But I use "N" to advance to the next unread message.
2019-11-17 23:20:10 UTC
Post by Kate B
Since the mmove to W10 and an 'upgrade' to TB 68.2.2 I have noticed
that using the space bar to move to the next message doesn't always
work. I then use 'F' which is only useful if you've remembered to
select 'Unread' in the message box, and also runs the risk of your
inadvertently missing bits of message below the scroll line.
Has anyone else noticed the bad behaviour of the space bar? Is there
anything I can do about it?
Yes I have, and nothing that I know of.  It's a boodly nuisance.
HTH.
+1 - But I use "N" to advance to the next unread message.
That's how I wore out the printing on my "N" key.
2019-11-25 23:08:32 UTC
Post by Kate B
Since the mmove to W10 and an 'upgrade' to TB 68.2.2 I have noticed
that using the space bar to move to the next message doesn't always
work. I then use 'F' which is only useful if you've remembered to
select 'Unread' in the message box, and also runs the risk of your
inadvertently missing bits of message below the scroll line.
Has anyone else noticed the bad behaviour of the space bar? Is there
anything I can do about it?
Yes I have, and nothing that I know of.  It's a boodly nuisance.
HTH.
+1 - But I use "N" to advance to the next unread message.
That's how I wore out the printing on my "N" key.
I am not on that version but something much lower. Have you thought of
not being on the latest release?
2019-11-26 09:37:39 UTC
Post by Kate B
Since the mmove to W10 and an 'upgrade' to TB 68.2.2 I have noticed
that using the space bar to move to the next message doesn't always
work. I then use 'F' which is only useful if you've remembered to
select 'Unread' in the message box, and also runs the risk of your
inadvertently missing bits of message below the scroll line.
Has anyone else noticed the bad behaviour of the space bar? Is
there anything I can do about it?
Yes I have, and nothing that I know of.  It's a boodly nuisance.
HTH.
+1 - But I use "N" to advance to the next unread message.
That's how I wore out the printing on my "N" key.
I am not on that version but something much lower.  Have you thought of
not being on the latest release?
It's a new machine. I downloaded the version of Thunderbird that was
offered to meon the Mozilla website. It was in fact a US version and I
managed to change it to GB, but it's a 6GB file and I'm wary of doing
anything else to it, especially downgrading.