Mileage
2019-11-24 11:08:35 UTC
How far is it from Lower Loxley to Ambridge Farm?

2019-11-24 11:44:45 UTC
How far is it from Lower Loxley to Ambridge Farm?
Sincerely Chris
Which one is Ambridge farm? I can think of Home Farm (Adam), Bridge
(PatanTony plus offspring), Brookfield (Archers), and Grange
(Sterling/Grundy), but I'm not sure I recognise Ambridge Farm.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the war room!" (Dr. Strangelove)
Penny
2019-11-24 13:11:05 UTC
On Sun, 24 Nov 2019 11:44:45 +0000, "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
How far is it from Lower Loxley to Ambridge Farm?
Sincerely Chris
Which one is Ambridge farm? I can think of Home Farm (Adam), Bridge
(PatanTony plus offspring), Brookfield (Archers), and Grange
(Sterling/Grundy), but I'm not sure I recognise Ambridge Farm.
There's an Ambridge Farm* on the map on the front endpapers of The Archers
Encyclopedia but as LL doesn't appear there it's hard to judge distance.
It's just up the road from St Stephen's, towards Grange Farm.

Bridge Farm is not shown on this map either.

I have mislaid the folding map but from others I gather LL is out beyond GG
on a road not marked on the endpaper map at all.

* other unknown or seldom mentioned farms include Nightingale (who lives
there now?), Willow (is that where Woy lives?), Hollowtree and Marneys
(both part of Brookfield now I think), Red House, Bull, Valley, Heydon,
Sawyers, Bank and Meadow.
2019-11-25 15:17:05 UTC
How far is it from Lower Loxley to Ambridge Farm?
Sincerely Chris
Which one is Ambridge farm? I can think of Home Farm (Adam), Bridge
(PatanTony plus offspring), Brookfield (Archers), and Grange
(Sterling/Grundy), but I'm not sure I recognise Ambridge Farm.
Should be Ambridge View, sorry. (Soosan and Neil’s)

2019-11-24 12:48:05 UTC
On Sun, 24 Nov 2019 11:08:35 GMT, Chris McMillan
Post by Chris McMillan
How far is it from Lower Loxley to Ambridge Farm?
Not very far. You'll probably find the stable easily enough.

2019-11-24 13:03:51 UTC
Post by Chris McMillan
How far is it from Lower Loxley to Ambridge Farm?
Not very far. You'll probably find the stable easily enough.
Are you suggesting that Mrs. McToodles is a virgin, or pregnant, or both
? EMNTK
Nick Odell
2019-11-24 13:07:21 UTC
On Sun, 24 Nov 2019 13:03:51 +0000, BrritSki
Post by Chris McMillan
How far is it from Lower Loxley to Ambridge Farm?
Not very far. You'll probably find the stable easily enough.
Are you suggesting that Mrs. McToodles is a virgin, or pregnant, or both
? EMNTK
:-)

I couldn't possibly comment.

2019-11-24 17:58:45 UTC
How far is it from Lower Loxley to Ambridge Farm?
Three score miles and ten?
2019-11-24 18:43:15 UTC
How far is it from Lower Loxley to Ambridge Farm?
Three score miles and ten?
Sounds promising, but needs some work I think.
2019-11-24 19:00:20 UTC
How far is it from Lower Loxley to Ambridge Farm?
Three score miles and ten?
Four candles?

2019-11-24 21:10:28 UTC
How far is it from Lower Loxley to Ambridge Farm?
Three score miles and ten?
Four candles?
john
Five gold rings!
Mike
2019-11-25 08:44:58 UTC
How far is it from Lower Loxley to Ambridge Farm?
Three score miles and ten?
Four candles?
john
Five gold rings!
Four calling birds...
2019-11-24 22:54:58 UTC
How far is it from Lower Loxley to Ambridge Farm?
I've been searching on Google Maps, but I can't find either place.

I assume _this_ is close by.

Ambridge Brewery
Priory Piece Piggery, 2A Priory Farm Lane,, Priory Farm Ln, Inkberrow,
2019-11-25 00:22:23 UTC
On Sun, 24 Nov 2019 22:54:58 +0000, Sam Plusnet <***@home.com> scrawled in
the dust...
How far is it from Lower Loxley to Ambridge Farm?
I've been searching on Google Maps, but I can't find either place.
I assume _this_ is close by.
Ambridge Brewery
Priory Piece Piggery, 2A Priory Farm Lane,, Priory Farm Ln, Inkberrow,
Ooh, Ray used to rent a unit on a pig farm when he was mechanicing cars.
Don't think it was in Inkberrow though (he took me for lunch in the pub
there once - full of photos of the close friends of TA folk).