Thursday 19/11/20
2020-11-19 21:53:34 UTC
Ok I didn't mind tonight.

I wanted to slap Alice a few times but do see she was panicking. I am
confused that the Dr said she will gradually stop drinking. Isn't that
harming the baby, or giving more chance for it to be harmed?

I do love Eddie. And Lynda was more normal and Lynda tonight.
Penny
2020-11-20 11:13:09 UTC
On Thu, 19 Nov 2020 21:53:34 +0000, Vicky Ayech <***@gmail.com>
Ok I didn't mind tonight.
I wanted to slap Alice a few times but do see she was panicking. I am
confused that the Dr said she will gradually stop drinking. Isn't that
harming the baby, or giving more chance for it to be harmed?
Presumably the foetus also needs to be weaned off alcohol.
2020-11-20 11:34:03 UTC
Ok I didn't mind tonight.
I wanted to slap Alice a few times but do see she was panicking. I am
confused that the Dr said she will gradually stop drinking. Isn't that
harming the baby, or giving more chance for it to be harmed?
Presumably the foetus also needs to be weaned off alcohol.
I thought that doesn't get through the placenta? But drinking changes
the mother's chemistry in other ways that damage the baby. Or can.

Thinking about it, I wonder if Emma and Ed will be helpful for Alice.
Emma will want tohelp because she loves her brother and when he
apologises, as I hope he will, she's be sorry for him, and Ed offered
to help Alice before because he knows what being down and battling
..drink..was it just dirnk or drugs too?..is miserable.

He ran away and I did wonder how many pregnant women do that to avoid
social services and the Dr forcing them into residential detox.
Although there are apparently not readily available places.
We've been discussing on fb the ehtics of mother's rights v baby's
rights. Chris had no doubts last night. I think the Dr was less keen
to insist as he knew the patient has to want to go in to the care
place.But Chris was prepared to tell SS and how could that have played
out?
Serena Blanchflower
2020-11-20 14:40:14 UTC
Thinking about it, I wonder if Emma and Ed will be helpful for Alice.
Emma will want tohelp because she loves her brother and when he
apologises, as I hope he will, she's be sorry for him, and Ed offered
to help Alice before because he knows what being down and battling
..drink..was it just dirnk or drugs too?..is miserable.
I'm not sure how helpful Emma will be but I think Ed will be very
supportive, both of Alice and Chris.

It was drugs that Ed had problems with, more than drink.
Post by Vicky Ayech
He ran away and I did wonder how many pregnant women do that to avoid
social services and the Dr forcing them into residential detox.
Although there are apparently not readily available places.
You do hear of it happening, on occasion (not alwasys due to alcoholism,
sometimes other problems). Usually women who have already had multiple
children taken into care, either at birth or later on, who are terrified
(with good reason) that the new baby will also be taken off them.
Post by Vicky Ayech
We've been discussing on fb the ehtics of mother's rights v baby's
rights. Chris had no doubts last night. I think the Dr was less keen
to insist as he knew the patient has to want to go in to the care
place.But Chris was prepared to tell SS and how could that have played
out?
I think it was the doctor who brought SS into the conversation. He and
Chris had annoyingly similar voices but, when the doc was talking about
he baby, it was "your baby". When Chris spoke about it, it was "Our baby".
Q. What has a bottom at the top?
A. A Leg!
Mike McMillan
2020-11-20 14:12:22 UTC
Ok I didn't mind tonight.
I wanted to slap Alice a few times but do see she was panicking. I am
confused that the Dr said she will gradually stop drinking. Isn't that
harming the baby, or giving more chance for it to be harmed?
Presumably the foetus also needs to be weaned off alcohol.
So a bottle for Alice.... and a miniature for the sproglette?
2020-11-20 16:20:31 UTC
Ok I didn't mind tonight.
I wanted to slap Alice a few times but do see she was panicking. I am
confused that the Dr said she will gradually stop drinking. Isn't that
harming the baby, or giving more chance for it to be harmed?
Presumably the foetus also needs to be weaned off alcohol.
Babies are being born with disabilities due to foetal alcohol syndrome.

2020-11-20 14:34:26 UTC
I wanted to slap Alice a few times but do see she was panicking. I am
confused that the Dr said she will gradually stop drinking. Isn't that
harming the baby, or giving more chance for it to be harmed?
Presumably it won't do the baby, or Alice, as much harm as going cold
turkey could. The only person I've been close to who was going through
something similar, had a much easier time than Alice did but I remember
hearing a certain amount about how bad it could be.

Certainly at the rehab unit he was in, they did go cold turkey but the
detox was done on a ward with full medical support. If someone had DTs
(as Alice had), or seizures or whatever, I think they would have used
drugs other than alcohol to get the person through it. It was only
after they'd been detoxed that they were moved onto the main rehab ward.
I like nonsense; it wakes up the brain cells (Dr. Seuss)