spoiler: Hannah
2018-11-11 19:11:43 UTC
Growllllllllll

2018-11-11 21:32:14 UTC
On Sun, 11 Nov 2018 19:11:43 GMT, Chris McMillan
Post by Chris McMillan
Growllllllllll
Sincerely Chris
Yes. Never liked her.
vv
I did like that Johnny was not impressed and more or less said nice
people need more from a relationship than just sex. That boy is a
good 'un. It seems now as if Natasha is going for Tom. As if she was
offering hints and a come on, but I do hope she decides on Johnny. Or
does he deserve better? I am not sure about Natasha. We want a really
nice girl for Johnny. Lily when she dumps Russ? Actually one thing
might comfort me for having Lexi stay in Ambridge would be if they
re-cycle the East European mum with two daughters plot and she brings
her's over and one is very nice and goes for Johnny.
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2018-11-12 11:42:26 UTC
Post by Chris McMillan
Growllllllllll
Sincerely Chris
Yes. Never liked her.
vv
I did like that Johnny was not impressed and more or less said nice
people need more from a relationship than just sex. That boy is a
(Although - provided proper precautions are taken - there's IMO nothing
_wrong_ with casual sex [not that I have any experience in that area].)
Post by Vicky Ayech
good 'un.
Most definitely. I just hope the SWs don't have plans to reveal that he
isn't; they do have a tendency to spoil things.
Post by Vicky Ayech
It seems now as if Natasha is going for Tom. As if she was
offering hints and a come on, but I do hope she decides on Johnny. Or
does he deserve better? I am not sure about Natasha. We want a really
Nor am I - to the extent that I'm having difficulty keeping track of
some of the new characters.
Post by Vicky Ayech
nice girl for Johnny. Lily
I wouldn't wish Lily on anyone for the moment. She has potential to turn
out nice - I used to like her, as an intelligent and sensible one - but
her recent character (not just the Russ silliness, but tendency to get
drunk before that) has made me want a couple of years of being sensible
before I'd "accept her back".
Post by Vicky Ayech
when she dumps Russ? Actually one thing
The Russ thing has gone quiet at the moment, hasn't it? I know that when
kids "go away to university" that _is_ often the effect (you don't hear
from them much), but we'd got into the details of the relationship. It
looked like having elements of another coercive control story. (Though
if we _are_ going to have another one of those, I'd prefer it to be a
coercive female, if only for balance. [One of the ones currently going
for Tom, Roy, or - I hope not - Johnny?])
Post by Vicky Ayech
might comfort me for having Lexi stay in Ambridge would be if they
re-cycle the East European mum with two daughters plot and she brings
her's over and one is very nice and goes for Johnny.
Yes, that would be nice. And I don't care if it's not very believable.
I'm missing a bit of simple happiness in TA at the moment: can't think
of any of the current story threads that are unalloyed happy.

"The wish of the lazy to allow unsupervised access [to the internet] to their
children should not reduce all adults browsing to the level of suitability for a
five-year-old." Yaman Akdeniz, quoted in Inter//face (The Times, 1999-2-10): p12
Jenny M Benson
2018-11-12 15:00:27 UTC
I did like that Johnny was not impressed and more or less said nice
people need more from a relationship than just sex.  That boy is a
(Although - provided proper precautions are taken - there's IMO nothing
_wrong_ with casual sex [not that I have any experience in that area].)
Post by Vicky Ayech
good 'un.
Jpeg, may we just go back to the "how Jpeq quotes messages" discussion
for a moment? ...

Why is "That boy is a" left dangling at the end of the first quote, when
it is not relevant to your following comment? It is, however, very
relevant to the "good 'un" bit and would have made sense if kept
together with that.

I'm all for interleaving responses to posts, but leaving bits dangling
like that (which you do a lot) makes it so much harder to read and make
sense of a "conversation."
http://jennygenes.blogspot.co.uk/
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2018-11-12 21:42:26 UTC
Post by Vicky Ayech
good 'un.
Jpeg, may we just go back to the "how Jpeq quotes messages" discussion
for a moment? ...
Why is "That boy is a" left dangling at the end of the first quote,
when it is not relevant to your following comment? It is, however,
very relevant to the "good 'un" bit and would have made sense if kept
together with that.
[]
Replied by email.

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when
they're in trouble again.
Fenny
2018-11-12 16:49:12 UTC
On Sun, 11 Nov 2018 21:32:14 +0000, Vicky Ayech
Post by Vicky Ayech
Actually one thing
might comfort me for having Lexi stay in Ambridge would be if they
re-cycle the East European mum with two daughters plot and she brings
her's over and one is very nice and goes for Johnny.
OK, I haven't listened in a while, but I got the impression Lexi's
kids were a fair bit younger than Phoebe, which means they'd be far
too young for Johnny to be interested in. He's got to be at least 19.
2018-11-12 23:32:45 UTC
Post by Vicky Ayech
Actually one thing
might comfort me for having Lexi stay in Ambridge would be if they
re-cycle the East European mum with two daughters plot and she brings
her's over and one is very nice and goes for Johnny.
OK, I haven't listened in a while, but I got the impression Lexi's
kids were a fair bit younger than Phoebe, which means they'd be far
too young for Johnny to be interested in. He's got to be at least 19.
Johnny Richards was born 01/08/1998, current age 20.

(I didn't think we knew his birth date, but I just checked his online
Who's Who page on the off chance, and it is listed.)