dental policy during lockdown seems to vary
2020-08-18 21:27:12 UTC
https://www.gransnet.com/forums/coronavirus/1283383-Post-lockdown-visits-to-the-dentist?pg=3

My dentist saw nobody as far as I know except perhhaps emergencies
during deep lockdown. And I am not sure if there was a problem they
did more than give advice and do the minimum. Now they are seeing
those who had the emergencies but postponing people with check up
appointments.

I have one booked for September but they said they will not cancel
that yet. They will let me know. We're watching a crown since last
year that might need work, root canal or extraction so I would like
to see him then.

As he is NHS I do not pay regular fees and get so many visits a year.
I had never heard of that until reading the gransnet thread.
krw
2020-08-19 09:22:16 UTC
https://www.gransnet.com/forums/coronavirus/1283383-Post-lockdown-visits-to-the-dentist?pg=3
My dentist saw nobody as far as I know except perhhaps emergencies
during deep lockdown. And I am not sure if there was a problem they
did more than give advice and do the minimum. Now they are seeing
those who had the emergencies but postponing people with check up
appointments.
I have one booked for September but they said they will not cancel
that yet. They will let me know. We're watching a crown since last
year that might need work, root canal or extraction so I would like
to see him then.
As he is NHS I do not pay regular fees and get so many visits a year.
I had never heard of that until reading the gransnet thread.
I had a checkup and a hygienist visit - with the latter done by the
dentist as soon as they opened up again. They were getting back into
the swing so not quite normal and £5 surcharge for extra PPE (I gather
it is a degree from Oxbridge) - but done and dusted in pretty quick time.
2020-08-19 11:12:56 UTC
[...]
I lost a filling by it crumbling away in early days of lockdown; this was
discussed on two occasions with the dental surgeon who, after the second
occasion, handed me back to reception for appointment booking. The
following week, I attended, was inspected, scraped out without any fluid or
suction devices then filled with the warning that it may not be permanent
and this could be checked upon next check-up in December*; cost was £22 or
so.

*Assuming Covid-19 precautions and conditions allow.