umra tv club
2018-11-25 22:39:30 UTC
Dr Who.
Oh dear! I was so happy they got a female Dr. But it is as with the
member of any minority one wants them to do well as a representative
of that minority. I used to feel that way about Capt Ex as an officer
in the Merchant Navy.

I think with Dr Who it is partly the stories. Partly how she plays it.
Dr WHo and the Scoobies, for 10 yr olds.
Penny
2018-11-25 23:51:00 UTC
On Sun, 25 Nov 2018 22:39:30 +0000, Vicky Ayech <***@gmail.com>
Dr Who.
Oh dear! I was so happy they got a female Dr. But it is as with the
member of any minority one wants them to do well as a representative
of that minority. I used to feel that way about Capt Ex as an officer
in the Merchant Navy.
I think with Dr Who it is partly the stories. Partly how she plays it.
Dr WHo and the Scoobies, for 10 yr olds.
I quite enjoyed last week's which had a more 'normal' Dr Who storyline. I
suppose this week's was too but I didn't like it much. I think I prefer the
Dr to talk less and be a generally calming presence, this one is too
frenetic. The almost ignored 'diversity' in 17th century England was a bit
odd too.
2018-11-26 09:21:31 UTC
Dr Who.
Oh dear! I was so happy they got a female Dr. But it is as with the
member of any minority one wants them to do well as a representative
of that minority. I used to feel that way about Capt Ex as an officer
in the Merchant Navy.
I think with Dr Who it is partly the stories. Partly how she plays it.
Dr WHo and the Scoobies, for 10 yr olds.
I quite enjoyed last week's which had a more 'normal' Dr Who storyline. I
suppose this week's was too but I didn't like it much. I think I prefer the
Dr to talk less and be a generally calming presence, this one is too
frenetic. The almost ignored 'diversity' in 17th century England was a bit
odd too.
I suppose I quite liked the spider one, although was screaming, and
the Indian gran one. B has complained about them all so far :). She
does rush around frantically and keeps pointing that nuggering
screwdriver at things and people. It feels clunky. And yes, whenever
they diverse scoobies emerge from the Tardis I worry, but it seems
fine.
Penny
2018-11-26 10:00:35 UTC
On Mon, 26 Nov 2018 09:21:31 +0000, Vicky Ayech <***@gmail.com>
[...]
One of the things I miss is the development of a relationship with a single
companion. There are too many of them and they already know each other,
there is no development going on.
2018-11-26 11:47:46 UTC
[...]
Yes, B just said it's like she's a tour guide.