No one Listening?
2019-08-02 20:06:26 UTC
Not surprised - night night.
2019-08-02 20:47:52 UTC
Not surprised - night night.
I did. I'm still trying to get over the shock.
2019-08-03 08:19:35 UTC
Not surprised - night night.
I did. I'm still trying to get over the shock.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
..
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
As Tracy said the other day, "Once a Horrobin..."

Still, Willyerm has an opening for a skivvy again :/ OP

What a rubbish program TA has become
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2019-08-03 09:30:05 UTC
[...]
I find her behaviour, though unpleasant, extremely believable.
Post by BrritSki
Still, Willyerm has an opening for a skivvy again :/ OP
Yes, I did wonder if she might move back to Will, if Ed goes through
with what he was saying towards the end. It might even be good for most
concerned (possibly not Will).
Post by BrritSki
What a rubbish program TA has become
Though I'd agree on many grounds, I - see Dumrat's post and my reply -
disagree on this episode.

What's awful about weird views is not the views. It's the intolerance. If
someone wants to worship the Duke of Edinburgh or a pineapple, fine. But don't
kill me if I don't agree. - Tim Rice, Radio Times 15-21 October 2011.
Dumrat
2019-08-03 09:04:52 UTC
Not surprised - night night.
I did. I'm still trying to get over the shock.
Good for Ed! He did the right thing, in more ways than one!
--
Salaam Alaykum,
Anne, Exceptionally Traditionally-built Dumrat
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2019-08-03 09:33:19 UTC
Post by Dumrat
Not surprised - night night.
I did. I'm still trying to get over the shock.
Good for Ed! He did the right thing, in more ways than one!
Yes. Though easily led along bad paths, I think Ed is fundamentally
honest. More so than his dad; not sure how compares to his brother -
though I don't like Will much (and certainly he's broken in some ways),
I can't think of him recently being dishonest. (But you know my memory.)

Rosalind Mitchell
2019-08-05 14:02:22 UTC
Post by Dumrat
Post by Mike
Not surprised - night night.
 I did. I'm still trying to get over the shock.
Good for Ed! He did the right thing, in more ways than one!
Yes. Though easily led along bad paths, I think Ed is fundamentally
honest. More so than his dad; not sure how compares to his brother -
though I don't like Will much (and certainly he's broken in some ways),
I can't think of him recently being dishonest. (But you know my memory.)
Sorry, I'm missing something here. I'm not listening much at the mo, not
so much that I'm boycotting as that I'm not listening much to R4 in
general while the news is such a shambles.

But I was of the understanding that Honest Ed had got himself involved
with some business or other that was glaringly criminal, so if that
wasn't a clumsily set-up red herring then Ed was either being
extraordinarily naive or rather less than as honest as you suggest.
Being his father's son I'm morer inclined to the latter.

Rx
Vicky Ayech
2019-08-05 14:18:44 UTC
On Mon, 5 Aug 2019 15:02:22 +0100, Rosalind Mitchell
Post by Rosalind Mitchell
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
Post by Dumrat
Post by Mike
[...]
He wanted to stop as soon as he realised it was not legit but Emma
urged him to carry on. Then he tried to stop again but Tim threatened
Emma and the kids.

Will was not honest over Nic's accident with the car. He helped her
cover it up.
Mike
2019-08-05 14:36:39 UTC
Post by Rosalind Mitchell
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
Post by Dumrat
Post by Mike
[...]
I think Ed knew (as we the ‘ears on the wall’ did) that the work was less
than legit as Tim mentioned a lack of paperwork and saving users a pack of
dosh.
2019-08-02 20:48:58 UTC
Not surprised - night night.
I just listened.s
2nd

I think I would rather be married to Ed than have the house. He is
right, a mortgage is not security really. I hated when we got our
first one. It was the first debt like that I'd had and that was then
increased a few years later when we moved. I refused an endowment
mortgage as that sounded really iffy. It was more expensive to rent
than nuy at that time and supposed to be silly to rent if you could
get a deposit and buy. Unless you were able to get a council place.
steveski
2019-08-03 00:50:57 UTC
Not surprised - night night.
I just listened.s p
2nd a
I think I would rather be married to Ed than have the house. He is
right, a mortgage is not security really. I hated when we got our first
one. It was the first debt like that I'd had and that was then increased
a few years later when we moved. I refused an endowment mortgage as that
sounded really iffy. It was more expensive to rent than nuy at that time
and supposed to be silly to rent if you could get a deposit and buy.
Unless you were able to get a council place.
My band, at the time (Downtown for Lunch), wrote a song about that. The
title was Dead Money. [1]
[1] It was in 5/4 . . . ooh, arty . . . :-)
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2019-08-03 02:09:51 UTC
Not surprised - night night.
I just listened.s
2nd
I thought Ed'n'Emma's best friends played a blinder with that episode.
And the SWs. (And the sound editors if there had to be any retakes; it
sounded continuous.)

[What's your guilty pleasure?] Why should you feel guilty about pleasure? -
Michel Roux Jr in Radio Times 2-8 February 2013
Clive Arthur
2019-08-02 23:20:06 UTC
Not surprised - night night.
I was listening for the loud bang.

Cheers
Clive
Vicky Ayech
2019-08-03 08:34:56 UTC
BTN
Sid Nuncius
2019-08-03 09:19:19 UTC
Post by Clive Arthur
Post by Mike
Not surprised - night night.
I was listening for the loud bang.
Cheers
BTN
As a non-listener I need more context before making a ruling.
Obviously, I want to avoid premature adjudication.
2019-08-03 12:56:38 UTC
On Sat, 3 Aug 2019 10:19:19 +0100, Sid Nuncius
Post by Clive Arthur
Post by Mike
Not surprised - night night.
I was listening for the loud bang.
Cheers
BTN
As a non-listener I need more context before making a ruling.
Obviously, I want to avoid premature adjudication.
Emma let loose a stream of abuse at Ed because they lost the house. He
said the thing is he really loves her and being with her and the
children is enough to make him happy. But he can see this will never
work for her and so they should end it. People thought he might then
do a Greg but i think she will realise he is a treasure and they will
make it ok, evenif they don't get the house.
BrritSki
2019-08-03 14:20:45 UTC
Post by Clive Arthur
Post by Mike
Not surprised - night night.
I was listening for the loud bang.
Cheers
BTN
As a non-listener I need more context before making a ruling.
Obviously, I want to avoid premature adjudication.
Emma let loose a stream of abuse at Ed because they lost the house. He
said the thing is he really loves her and being with her and the
children is enough to make him happy. But he can see this will never
work for her and so they should end it. People thought he might then
do a Greg but i think she will realise he is a treasure and they will
make it ok, evenif they don't get the house.
Ooops, must read ahead and then I'd have scene an even better summary
than mine !
BrritSki
2019-08-03 14:19:43 UTC
Post by Clive Arthur
Post by Mike
[...]
Emmur has been pressurising Ed since he lost his job (Will shot his
mouth off in front of Adam about dodgy fertiliser so Adam sacked Ed) to
do more to find a way to get the house, earn money, lie to mortgage company.
Ed at end of tether, sobbing, telling her he loved her and kids but
mortgage not security etc and he needed to do right thing even if they
lost the house.
V. emotional scene ending with Ed saying he couldn't go on with Emmur,
so I assume Clive was suggesting that Ed was going to do a Greg...
Nick Odell
2019-08-03 14:54:11 UTC
On 03/08/2019 15:19, BrritSki wrote:

.. I assume Clive was suggesting that Ed was going to do a Greg...

What? You mean produce outstanding end-of-year results by launching a
vegan sausage roll?

2019-08-03 14:57:43 UTC
Yes, with a delicate coating of grey matter...
Nick Odell
2019-08-03 15:01:22 UTC
.. I assume Clive was suggesting that Ed was going to do a Greg...
What? You mean produce outstanding end-of-year results by launching a
vegan sausage roll?
Yes, with a delicate coating of grey matter...
Yeuch! I always presumed these bakeries threw out whatever was left over
on Friday and didn't try to put them back on sale on Monday.

2019-08-03 16:04:47 UTC
On Sat, 3 Aug 2019 16:01:22 +0100, Nick Odell
.. I assume Clive was suggesting that Ed was going to do a Greg...
What? You mean produce outstanding end-of-year results by launching a
vegan sausage roll?
Yes, with a delicate coating of grey matter...
Yeuch! I always presumed these bakeries threw out whatever was left over
on Friday and didn't try to put them back on sale on Monday.
Greggs are very good at passing on their remaining food to homeless
shelters at the end of the working day.
2019-08-03 15:08:08 UTC
.. I assume Clive was suggesting that Ed was going to do a Greg...
What? You mean produce outstanding end-of-year results by launching a
vegan sausage roll?
Yes, with a delicate coating of grey matter...
Are you suggesting they give it the hard cell?
2019-08-03 15:16:32 UTC
.. I assume Clive was suggesting that Ed was going to do a Greg...
What? You mean produce outstanding end-of-year results by launching a
vegan sausage roll?
Yes, with a delicate coating of grey matter...
Now that IS BTN-worthy, IMHO.
http://jennygenes.blogspot.co.uk/
Dumrat
Sid Nuncius
2019-08-03 18:46:06 UTC
.. I assume Clive was suggesting that Ed was going to do a Greg...
What? You mean produce outstanding end-of-year results by launching a
vegan sausage roll?
Yes, with a delicate coating of grey matter...
Now that IS BTN-worthy, IMHO.
Yes it is. The original seemed a little to plainly descriptive to
qualify. This has the wince factor we all cherish in true BT.
A fine end to the day :)
Mike
2019-08-04 12:56:42 UTC
.. I assume Clive was suggesting that Ed was going to do a Greg...
What? You mean produce outstanding end-of-year results by launching
a vegan sausage roll?
Yes, with a delicate coating of grey matter...
Now that IS BTN-worthy, IMHO.
Yes it is.  The original seemed a little to plainly descriptive to
qualify.  This has the wince factor we all cherish in true BT.
A fine end to the day :)
It is just a skull that Nick possesses.
Fred
2019-08-05 16:18:57 UTC
It is just a skull that Nick possesses.
Funnily enough I /do/ possess a skull, called George (everyone else called theirs Fred but for obvious reasons, I didn't)

No longer a requirement for Medics/dentists but many have plastic replicas.

Fred
Mike
2019-08-05 16:24:28 UTC
Post by Fred
Post by Mike
It is just a skull that Nick possesses.
Funnily enough I /do/ possess a skull, called George (everyone else
called theirs Fred but for obvious reasons, I didn't)
No longer a requirement for Medics/dentists but many have plastic replicas.
Fred
Jaw-Jaw is always preferable to war-war.
2019-08-06 08:51:30 UTC
Post by Fred
Post by Mike
It is just a skull that Nick possesses.
Funnily enough I /do/ possess a skull, called George (everyone else
called theirs Fred but for obvious reasons, I didn't)
No longer a requirement for Medics/dentists but many have plastic replicas.
Fred
LOL! Clearly something about Fred.

2019-08-06 10:14:52 UTC
On Tue, 06 Aug 2019 08:51:30 GMT, Chris McMillan
Post by Chris McMillan
Post by Fred
Post by Mike
It is just a skull that Nick possesses.
Funnily enough I /do/ possess a skull, called George (everyone else
called theirs Fred but for obvious reasons, I didn't)
No longer a requirement for Medics/dentists but many have plastic replicas.
Fred
LOL! Clearly something about Fred.
Sincerely Chris
Are you a dentis, Fred? Hmmm. They seem to be all over the place and I
had a visit yesterday and GOUR more booked! And my young dentist goes
to my health club not and I see him in the swimming pool too. He is
nice but....
Fred
2019-08-15 10:51:32 UTC
Are you a dentis, Fred? Hmmm. They seem to be all over the place and I
had a visit yesterday and GOUR more booked! And my young dentist goes
to my health club not and I see him in the swimming pool too. He is
nice but....
Sorry for the late reply - babysitting five year old grandson doesn't leave any brain power for anything else (Sleep, play, rinse, repeat)
Yes, retired ten years ago and not missing it one little bit.
Sorry you are having a bad time but console yourself with the thought that it could be worse; it could be a physiotherapist. At least dentists do all they can to reduce pain. I well remember my physio (thankfully, the only one) saying, "Now we'll extend the pain envelope".

Fred
Vicky Ayech
2019-08-15 12:55:10 UTC
Post by Fred
Post by Vicky Ayech
Are you a dentis, Fred? Hmmm. They seem to be all over the place and I
had a visit yesterday and GOUR more booked! And my young dentist goes
to my health club not and I see him in the swimming pool too. He is
nice but....
Sorry for the late reply - babysitting five year old grandson doesn't leave any brain power for anything else (Sleep, play, rinse, repeat)
Yes, retired ten years ago and not missing it one little bit.
Sorry you are having a bad time but console yourself with the thought that it could be worse; it could be a physiotherapist. At least dentists do all they can to reduce pain. I well remember my physio (thankfully, the only one) saying, "Now we'll extend the pain envelope".
Fred
He is a nice dentist really. Saw him today. (once at the pool and once
the surgery)And next week, and the week after...
I know what you mean about grandchildren Had 4 year old granddaughter
Monday but just for the day. It is the driving into London to collect
her and then back to take her home that tires me. And she can't walk
just now as damaged foot. But the playing was fine. 4 and 5 are
delightful ages. Her young cousin is going to be 3 next month and is
much more active though, maybe a boy/girl difference.
Chris McMillan
2019-08-15 20:25:10 UTC
Post by Fred
Post by Vicky Ayech
Are you a dentis, Fred? Hmmm. They seem to be all over the place and I
had a visit yesterday and GOUR more booked! And my young dentist goes
to my health club not and I see him in the swimming pool too. He is
nice but....
Sorry for the late reply - babysitting five year old grandson doesn't
leave any brain power for anything else (Sleep, play, rinse, repeat)
Yes, retired ten years ago and not missing it one little bit.
Sorry you are having a bad time but console yourself with the thought
that it could be worse; it could be a physiotherapist. At least dentists
do all they can to reduce pain. I well remember my physio (thankfully,
the only one) saying, "Now we'll extend the pain envelope".
Fred
It certainly doesn’t seem a decade since told us you’d bung up the drill!

Sincerely Chris
Fred
2019-08-16 15:17:08 UTC
It certainly doesn’t seem a decade since told us you’d bung up the drill!
Sincerely Chris
Depends which drill you think I bunged up. My Black and Decker* is still going strong drilling out centres for home-made bedside lamps.

Fred

* Other drills are available (I have three!)
Mike
2019-08-16 16:28:13 UTC
Post by Fred
Post by Chris McMillan
It certainly doesn’t seem a decade since told us you’d bung up the drill!
Sincerely Chris
Depends which drill you think I bunged up. My Black and Decker* is still
going strong drilling out centres for home-made bedside lamps.
Fred
* Other drills are available (I have three!)
I wouldn’t auger with any of that!
2019-08-17 12:51:09 UTC
Post by Fred
Post by Chris McMillan
It certainly doesn’t seem a decade since told us you’d bung up the drill!
Sincerely Chris
Depends which drill you think I bunged up. My Black and Decker* is still
going strong drilling out centres for home-made bedside lamps.
Fred
* Other drills are available (I have three!)
Sorry Fed, McT pointed out my typo. A five year old can type one fingered
better than I can!

2019-08-17 13:21:32 UTC
Post by Fred
Post by Chris McMillan
It certainly doesn’t seem a decade since told us you’d bung up the drill!
Sincerely Chris
Depends which drill you think I bunged up. My Black and Decker* is still
going strong drilling out centres for home-made bedside lamps.
Fred
* Other drills are available (I have three!)
Sorry Fed, McT pointed out my typo. A five year old can type one fingered
better than I can!
Sincerely Chris
Better half, when alreadyin a deep hole - stop digging!!!
2019-08-17 20:29:55 UTC
Post by Fred
Post by Chris McMillan
It certainly doesn’t seem a decade since told us you’d bung up the drill!
Sincerely Chris
Depends which drill you think I bunged up. My Black and Decker* is still
going strong drilling out centres for home-made bedside lamps.
Fred
* Other drills are available (I have three!)
Sorry Fed, McT pointed out my typo. A five year old can type one fingered
better than I can!
Sincerely Chris
Better half, when alreadyin a deep hole - stop digging!!!
Which reminded me of the Spike Milligan quote about his mother, who was
digging an air raid shelter.

"She's a grand little woman."
"And getting littler all the time."
2019-08-03 18:23:01 UTC
On Sat, 3 Aug 2019 15:57:43 +0100, BrritSki <***@gmail.com>
.. I assume Clive was suggesting that Ed was going to do a Greg...
What? You mean produce outstanding end-of-year results by launching a
vegan sausage roll?
Yes, with a delicate coating of grey matter...
No, that wouldn't be vegan!
2019-08-03 15:06:19 UTC
Post by Clive Arthur
Post by Mike
[...]
Ed would give it his best shot...
Clive Arthur
2019-08-03 15:19:07 UTC
Post by Clive Arthur
Post by Mike
[...]
Although on reflection that doesn't seem like Ed's style. He'd take the
kids, Emma and Will first.

Cheers
Clive
Vicky Ayech
2019-08-03 17:33:09 UTC
Post by Clive Arthur
Post by Mike
[...]
No, Will would do that. not Ed. Ed is kind and loving. Will is hate
personified.
steveski
2019-08-03 00:52:53 UTC
Not surprised - night night.
It was shocking and yet . . . crap.

See my reply to Fenny, up yonder.
Dumrat
2019-08-03 09:12:35 UTC
Not surprised - night night.
Having listened this morning, I have to say that was one of the best episodes I've heard
in ages. The script and acting were both excellent. And before anyone says "melodrama", I
don't agree! That was a long time coming, and worth the wait. Not manufactured to follow a
theme/issue a producer has decided they randomly want to follow (I'm looking at Rob and
Jim, as examples), but actually long-term plot and character driven. Excellent.
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2019-08-03 09:35:27 UTC
Post by Dumrat
Post by Mike
Not surprised - night night.
Having listened this morning, I have to say that was one of the best
episodes I've heard in ages. The script and acting were both excellent.
+n.
Post by Dumrat
And before anyone says "melodrama", I don't agree! That was a long time
coming, and worth the wait. Not manufactured to follow a theme/issue a
producer has decided they randomly want to follow (I'm looking at Rob
and Jim, as examples), but actually long-term plot and character
driven. Excellent.
You said it well. Drama, not melodrama, even if dramatic - and has
developed carefully.

Mike
2019-08-03 10:55:42 UTC
Post by Dumrat
And before anyone says "melodrama", I don't agree! That was a long time
coming, and worth the wait. Not manufactured to follow a theme/issue a
producer has decided they randomly want to follow (I'm looking at Rob
and Jim, as examples), but actually long-term plot and character
driven. Excellent.
You said it well. Drama, not melodrama, even if dramatic - and has
developed carefully.
Being tight/mean/careful, I use the free version of a bandwidth checker and
just now, when using this app, up came a message for Ed; it simply said
‘Your Mortgage Problems Solved’ and I’m wondering where I should send this
link for Ed.;-)
2019-08-03 13:21:10 UTC
Post by Dumrat
Post by Mike
Not surprised - night night.
Having listened this morning, I have to say that was one of the best episodes I've heard
in ages. The script and acting were both excellent. And before anyone says "melodrama", I
don't agree! That was a long time coming, and worth the wait. Not manufactured to follow a
theme/issue a producer has decided they randomly want to follow (I'm looking at Rob and
Jim, as examples), but actually long-term plot and character driven. Excellent.
Back to Ed and Willyerm scrapping which was a Beetle long term plot. What
happens when it’s known that Willyerm was faced with the Oatey-maffia?

If Emma wants social climbing she chose the wrong family: she whined about
living in the woods as a newly married, wanted to be on The Green. So it
was Willyerm who organised the moped lessons.

Although it has been suggested to me she’ll go back to Willyerm, I don’t
think she will. He’s not that stupid. On the other hand now she’s been
rude to everyone from Jolene and Helen to Jim, Peggoi and Neil, how can she
expect anyone to side with her? Even Tracey might think twice! Who’ll be
doing the childcare now?