OT: Hyper bowl?
2019-01-19 14:15:01 UTC
Ok, I've heard it twice in successive days now, yesterday from a politician
in an interview.

I'm pretty sure I haven't been pronouncing hyperbole wrong all these years.
2019-01-19 14:20:17 UTC
Ok, I've heard it twice in successive days now, yesterday from a politician
in an interview.
I'm pretty sure I haven't been pronouncing hyperbole wrong all these years.
Yeah-Yeah man, Great! Let’s go right now to the fantastic Marvellous
Hollywood ....

Eh? Oh, not that type of bo....
2019-01-19 19:02:10 UTC
Ok, I've heard it twice in successive days now, yesterday from a
politician in an interview.
I'm pretty sure I haven't been pronouncing hyperbole wrong all these years.
Yeah-Yeah man, Great! Let’s go right now to the fantastic Marvellous
Hollywood ....
Eh? Oh, not that type of bo....
No, that's a superb owl. #superbowl
2019-01-19 18:53:02 UTC
Ok, I've heard it twice in successive days now, yesterday from a politician
in an interview.
I'm pretty sure I haven't been pronouncing hyperbole wrong all these years.
You haven't.

And now I've got "I'm a troll, hyperbole" as an earworm. Nugger.
Rosalind Mitchell
2019-01-20 00:19:20 UTC
Ok, I've heard it twice in successive days now, yesterday from a politician
in an interview.
I'm pretty sure I haven't been pronouncing hyperbole wrong all these years.
Isn't it that strange ritual they have in Merkinland every year,
where you have six hours of ads occasionally punctuated by a load of
Michelin man lookalikes lined up facing each other and at a given signal
attempting to scratch each other's eyes out?

Seriously weird.
LFS
2019-01-20 06:45:46 UTC
Ok, I've heard it twice in successive days now, yesterday from a politician
in an interview.
I'm pretty sure I haven't been pronouncing hyperbole wrong all these years.
Oh, I'm so glad you posted that, I heard it too and thought my hearing
aids were playing up.
2019-01-20 09:39:36 UTC
Post by LFS
Post by Penny
I'm pretty sure I haven't been pronouncing hyperbole wrong all these years.
Oh, I'm so glad you posted that, I heard it too and thought my hearing
aids were playing up.
I watched an American program about chimpanzees the other day and was
appalled at the bad grammar of the narrator who frequently spoke
sentences where object and subject were reversed. I was shouting at the
tv. Then I switched over to watch the Chester Zoo programe and the
English commentator did the same thing.

Needless to say, I can't remember the exact words now but it was
something to the effect that what the fish had done had worked and now
the keepers were courting or mating or spawning or laying eggs or whatever.
http://jennygenes.blogspot.co.uk/
Mike
2019-01-20 10:30:09 UTC
Post by LFS
Post by Penny
I'm pretty sure I haven't been pronouncing hyperbole wrong all these years.
Oh, I'm so glad you posted that, I heard it too and thought my hearing
aids were playing up.
I watched an American program about chimpanzees the other day and was
appalled at the bad grammar of the narrator who frequently spoke
sentences where object and subject were reversed. I was shouting at the
tv. Then I switched over to watch the Chester Zoo programe and the
English commentator did the same thing.
Needless to say, I can't remember the exact words now but it was
something to the effect that what the fish had done had worked and now
the keepers were courting or mating or spawning or laying eggs or whatever.
So, whether American or home grown, all you hear is sex, sex, sex, sex,
sex, sex, sex .... or sex!