Email I got from Transport for London
2020-05-14 06:54:20 UTC
https://view.email.tfl.gov.uk/?qs=817588808cbb4e98c0a0710a81e3844b6a24bdfa3e834139b24359a4a560acde947cc80fa253fb471fce7fcb803e85b799a23fae30b262ba8e1bab709b83cc3b842e0336eaebd044843bae2348784b55

Sounds very unpleasant to travel.
Chris J Dixon
2020-05-14 07:19:46 UTC
https://view.email.tfl.gov.uk/?qs=817588808cbb4e98c0a0710a81e3844b6a24bdfa3e834139b24359a4a560acde947cc80fa253fb471fce7fcb803e85b799a23fae30b262ba8e1bab709b83cc3b842e0336eaebd044843bae2348784b55
Sounds very unpleasant to travel.
I still can't get my head round how you can walk down a bus,
train or tram without passing any seated passenger closer than
recommended.

***@cdixon.me.uk @ChrisJDixon1
2020-05-14 08:00:16 UTC
Post by Vicky Ayech
Sounds very unpleasant to travel.
I still can't get my head round how you can walk down a bus, train or
tram without passing any seated passenger closer than recommended.
You can't. The two metre rule has recently acquired a "where possible".
2020-05-14 09:56:36 UTC
Post by Vicky Ayech
Sounds very unpleasant to travel.
I still can't get my head round how you can walk down a bus, train or
tram without passing any seated passenger closer than recommended.
You can't. The two metre rule has recently acquired a "where possible".
Denmark has moved to 1 metre.
2020-05-14 11:08:30 UTC
Post by Vicky Ayech
Sounds very unpleasant to travel.
I still can't get my head round how you can walk down a bus, train or
tram without passing any seated passenger closer than recommended.
You can't. The two metre rule has recently acquired a "where possible".
Denmark has moved to 1 metre.
Very wise. And anyway it only matters if you stand next to someone for
any length of time, like in a queue. The fabled apps that trace contacts
only register a contact if you're closer than 2m for more than 15
minutes aiui.

BTW, the decentralised Android/Apple style app has been running on my
phone for over 2 weeks now and has had no appreciable affect on my
battery usage. That's probably because it doesn;t work as it has no
record of any movements by me during that period and seems to turn
Bluetooth off itself ! So that works about as well as the NHSX app :/
Kate B
2020-05-14 11:29:22 UTC
Post by Vicky Ayech
Sounds very unpleasant to travel.
I still can't get my head round how you can walk down a bus, train or
tram without passing any seated passenger closer than recommended.
You can't. The two metre rule has recently acquired a "where possible".
Denmark has moved to 1 metre.
Very wise. And anyway it only matters if you stand next to someone for
any length of time, like in a queue. The fabled apps that trace contacts
only register a contact if you're closer than 2m for more than 15
minutes aiui.
BTW, the decentralised Android/Apple style app has been running on my
phone for over 2 weeks now and has had no appreciable affect on my
battery usage. That's probably because it doesn;t work as it has no
record of any movements by me during that period and seems to turn
Bluetooth off itself !  So that works about as well as the NHSX app :/
Is that the Isle-of-Wight one? Has it actually been activated for use in
the UK yet? Or even Bedfordshire?

By the way, have we all read this one? I found it helpful:

https://www.erinbromage.com/post/the-risks-know-them-avoid-them/
2020-05-14 15:30:25 UTC
Post by Kate B
Post by BrritSki
BTW, the decentralised Android/Apple style app has been running on my
phone for over 2 weeks now and has had no appreciable affect on my
battery usage. That's probably because it doesn;t work as it has no
record of any movements by me during that period and seems to turn
Bluetooth off itself !  So that works about as well as the NHSX app :/
Is that the Isle-of-Wight one? Has it actually been activated for use in
the UK yet? Or even Bedfordshire?
No, it's the decentralised one that's supposed to work and is available
anywhere.
Post by Kate B
https://www.erinbromage.com/post/the-risks-know-them-avoid-them/
I have now, but it didn't tell me anything I didn't know already. I am
not exposing myself to ANY of those serious risks. We have had drinks
with both our families, separately, outdoors, once. No close contact or
hugging, although the kids did get within 2m, but I doubt if they are
any risk at all given they've been isolated for weeks.

We've also been out for several walks, just the 2 of us, and today we
filled the car up for the first time in 3 months and went to a very well
organised garden centre.

I have some antibody tests coming from a friend in Seattle, so we should
soon know whether we have had it as suspected back in March. Of course
the minute I ordered them we heard that there's a UK test now certified.
I bet I get my test done first though :)
Penny
2020-05-14 18:30:03 UTC
On Thu, 14 May 2020 16:30:25 +0100, BrritSki <***@gmail.com>
I have some antibody tests coming from a friend in Seattle, so we should
soon know whether we have had it as suspected back in March. Of course
the minute I ordered them we heard that there's a UK test now certified.
I bet I get my test done first though :)
If the test shows you have both had it, will you change your current
behaviour and get out and about more?

A slight worry about such a test being generally available - can someone
who is (presumably) immune from the virus still pass it around to others
simply by touching something the virus is on and maybe transferring it to
something else they, and others, may touch?
Do you get immunity and if so for how long?
Clive Arthur
2020-05-14 21:05:19 UTC
I have some antibody tests coming from a friend in Seattle, so we should
soon know whether we have had it as suspected back in March. Of course
the minute I ordered them we heard that there's a UK test now certified.
I bet I get my test done first though :)
If the test shows you have both had it, will you change your current
behaviour and get out and about more?
A slight worry about such a test being generally available - can someone
who is (presumably) immune from the virus still pass it around to others
simply by touching something the virus is on and maybe transferring it to
something else they, and others, may touch?
Do you get immunity and if so for how long?
You get community chest.
--
Cheers
Clive
Mike
2020-05-15 07:56:38 UTC
Post by Clive Arthur
I have some antibody tests coming from a friend in Seattle, so we should
soon know whether we have had it as suspected back in March. Of course
the minute I ordered them we heard that there's a UK test now certified.
I bet I get my test done first though :)
If the test shows you have both had it, will you change your current
behaviour and get out and about more?
A slight worry about such a test being generally available - can someone
who is (presumably) immune from the virus still pass it around to others
simply by touching something the virus is on and maybe transferring it to
something else they, and others, may touch?
Do you get immunity and if so for how long?
You get community chest.
Followed by Farmer’s Lung.
Joe Kerr
2020-05-14 21:16:06 UTC
I have some antibody tests coming from a friend in Seattle, so we should
soon know whether we have had it as suspected back in March. Of course
the minute I ordered them we heard that there's a UK test now certified.
I bet I get my test done first though :)
If the test shows you have both had it, will you change your current
behaviour and get out and about more?
A slight worry about such a test being generally available - can someone
who is (presumably) immune from the virus still pass it around to others
simply by touching something the virus is on and maybe transferring it to
something else they, and others, may touch?
Do you get immunity and if so for how long?
From this morning's Times:
Professor Newton cautioned that having antibodies did not necessarily
mean a person could not be infected again. Scientists are still unclear
on whether such antibodies are likely to be effective and for how long.
Until that is known the possibility of so-called immunity passports is
likely to be impractical.

“This may indicate some immunity to future infection, although the
extent to which the presence of antibodies indicates immunity remains
unclear,” he said.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/coronavirus-game-changing-antibody-test-given-go-ahead-for-widespread-use-2sj5w3d7q
Ric
BrritSki
2020-05-14 21:39:40 UTC
I have some antibody tests coming from a friend in Seattle, so we should
soon know whether we have had it as suspected back in March. Of course
the minute I ordered them we heard that there's a UK test now certified.
I bet I get my test done first though :)
If the test shows you have both had it, will you change your current
behaviour and get out and about more?
A slight worry about such a test being generally available - can someone
who is (presumably) immune from the virus still pass it around to others
simply by touching something the virus is on and maybe transferring it to
something else they, and others, may touch?
Probably not, for reasons given below - whether having antibodies give
immunity and if so for how long, being a carrier even if at no risk to
myself, and whether you can catch it a second time anyway, which I think
is unlikely - the cases where they thought that had happened turned out
to be false positives iirc.

Be nice to know though. Not sure if it will make a real difference as it
is not affecting my mental health though apart from when I listen to the
MSM. And I have been sleeping really well too...
BrritSki
2020-05-15 13:10:24 UTC
[...]
One thing did occur tome this morning though - if I do indeed have
anti-bodies, my blood will suddenly become very valuable for serum
treatments.
Vampumrats should form an orderly queue at least 2m apart from each
other once the sun has gone down.
Phil
2020-05-15 13:30:11 UTC
One thing did occur tome this morning though - if I do indeed have
anti-bodies, my blood will suddenly become very valuable for serum
treatments.
Vampumrats should form an orderly queue at least 2m apart from each
other once the sun has gone down.
My platelet donation appointment this coming Monday has just been
cancelled, because they are busy collecting "convalescent plasma" from
recovered COVID-19 patients for exactly this purpose.

Shame, I was looking forward to a trip out.
--
Phil
Liverpool, UK
Mike
2020-05-15 14:12:04 UTC
[...]
Look out! What’s that garlic bearing chap doing with a wooden stake in one
hand and a mallet in the other?!
2020-05-15 21:26:50 UTC
Vampumrats should form an orderly queue at least 2m apart from each
other once the sun has gone down.
Look out! What’s that garlic bearing chap doing with a wooden stake in one
hand and a mallet in the other?!
Steak mallet?

(Tender is the night)
2020-05-16 06:56:05 UTC
Steak mallet?
(Tender is the night)
Tender Is The Night was quite a decent debut album by Steak Mallet, but
their second...[1]

[1]Sorry. I think the lockdown may be getting to me.
2020-05-16 07:58:31 UTC
Steak mallet?
(Tender is the night)
Tender Is The Night was quite a decent debut album by Steak Mallet, but
their second...[1]
[1]Sorry. I think the lockdown may be getting to me.
The group split up after that... they came to blows.
2020-05-16 10:25:52 UTC
Steak mallet?
(Tender is the night)
Tender Is The Night was quite a decent debut album by Steak Mallet, but
their second...[1]
[1]Sorry. I think the lockdown may be getting to me.
Just as well I’m using my iPad, not desky. Excellent, Sid

2020-05-16 20:49:20 UTC
Steak mallet?
(Tender is the night)
Tender Is The Night was quite a decent debut album by Steak Mallet, but
their second...[1]
[1]Sorry.  I think the lockdown may be getting to me.
Don't worry about it Sid. Better out than in, as they say.
2020-05-17 07:37:36 UTC
Steak mallet?
(Tender is the night)
Tender Is The Night was quite a decent debut album by Steak Mallet, but
their second...[1]
[1]Sorry.  I think the lockdown may be getting to me.
Don't worry about it Sid. Better out than in, as they say.
Just open that window, there’s a good fellow.
<mode=EricMorecambe> I think I'll keep it out.
Mike
2020-05-17 09:25:28 UTC
Steak mallet?
(Tender is the night)
Tender Is The Night was quite a decent debut album by Steak Mallet,
but their second...[1]
[1]Sorry.  I think the lockdown may be getting to me.
Don't worry about it Sid.  Better out than in, as they say.
<mode=EricMorecambe> I think I'll keep it out.
Put it away - Matron is coming!
What, on her own ?
Mike
2020-05-17 11:07:08 UTC
Steak mallet?
(Tender is the night)
Tender Is The Night was quite a decent debut album by Steak Mallet,
but their second...[1]
[1]Sorry.  I think the lockdown may be getting to me.
Don't worry about it Sid.  Better out than in, as they say.
<mode=EricMorecambe> I think I'll keep it out.
Put it away - Matron is coming!
What, on her own ?
Now, if I didn’t know otherwise, I might start to think this thread is
becoming a tingey-wingey little but smutty.
Clive Arthur
Clive
BrritSki
We haven't been introduced.
Mike
2020-05-16 07:57:19 UTC
Vampumrats should form an orderly queue at least 2m apart from each
other once the sun has gone down.
Look out! What’s that garlic bearing chap doing with a wooden stake in one
hand and a mallet in the other?!
Steak mallet?
(Tender is the night)
Aimed at the T-Bone?
2020-05-19 07:40:11 UTC
I have some antibody tests coming from a friend in Seattle, so we should
soon know whether we have had it as suspected back in March. Of course
the minute I ordered them we heard that there's a UK test now certified.
I bet I get my test done first though   :)
Arrived yesterday, bet won, £100 richer, woohoo !

In the interests of full disclosure, the test was negative, so
definitely no change in behaviour.

Now, where can I order HCQ....
Mike
2020-05-19 07:44:59 UTC
I have some antibody tests coming from a friend in Seattle, so we should
soon know whether we have had it as suspected back in March. Of course
the minute I ordered them we heard that there's a UK test now certified.
I bet I get my test done first though   :)
Arrived yesterday, bet won, £100 richer, woohoo !
In the interests of full disclosure, the test was negative, so
definitely no change in behaviour.
Now, where can I order HCQ....
‘Ere, ‘ave this bottle of Dettol Donald...’
2020-05-19 16:21:27 UTC
On Tue, 19 May 2020 08:40:11 +0100, BrritSki
I have some antibody tests coming from a friend in Seattle, so we should
soon know whether we have had it as suspected back in March. Of course
the minute I ordered them we heard that there's a UK test now certified.
I bet I get my test done first though   :)
Arrived yesterday, bet won, £100 richer, woohoo !
In the interests of full disclosure, the test was negative, so
definitely no change in behaviour.
Now, where can I order HCQ....
Conga-rats on both!!

As for the other stuff, now they are delivering it in truck-loads to
the White House, it is probably in even shorter supply now.

<ConspiracyTheory>Or is it??????????
Why would taking this medicine turn out to be one thing TheDonald has
actually told the troofy-woof about? A pint of Shires to your Scruff
Gin, the story is unmasked as fake noos. <CT>

2020-05-14 12:01:25 UTC
Post by Vicky Ayech
Sounds very unpleasant to travel.
I see it's a "personal" letter (email?) to "Mrs Ayech".

Two points I wonder about:

1. "If you can, please walk or cycle for all or part of your journey,
including to complete your journey if travelling into central London. We
have been introducing local improvements in partnership with boroughs to
widen footpaths and provide more cycle lanes."

Paths and lanes are all very well, but I'm not aware of tube stations -
let alone bus stops - having secure cycle storage, so how are people
supposed to cycle for _part_ of their journey - take their bike with
them? While this might help maintain distancing (!), I can't see it as
being practical on most public transport, at least when busy!

2. "Currently you will also need to board the bus using the middle doors
and you do not need to tap in."

I've been wondering this for some time, especially _not_ in London: is
public transport now free?
I still can't get my head round how you can walk down a bus, train or
tram without passing any seated passenger closer than recommended.
You can't. The two metre rule has recently acquired a "where possible".
Denmark has moved to 1 metre.
I've seen reports from I think at least two European countries that
imply they're using 1.5m. (There's a good video [sorry, can't find it;
it was tweeted recently] from Germany, showing the cloud around a person
- and that it extends behind them, when walking, running, or cycling, to
a lot more than that [up to 20m for fast cycling].)
Post by BrritSki
Very wise. And anyway it only matters if you stand next to someone for
any length of time, like in a queue. The fabled apps that trace
contacts only register a contact if you're closer than 2m for more than
15 minutes aiui.
Yes, it's a product of time and distance (or reciprocal distance). And
also whether one or both are silent, talking, singing (especially in a
choral situation), or exercising (such as jogging, running - but also
static exercising).
Post by BrritSki
BTW, the decentralised Android/Apple style app has been running on my
phone for over 2 weeks now and has had no appreciable affect on my
battery usage. That's probably because it doesn;t work as it has no
record of any movements by me during that period and seems to turn
Bluetooth off itself ! So that works about as well as the NHSX app :/
Is that because you _haven't_ moved, or because it's not logging that
you have?

I also thought they'd claimed - because of the privacy concerns - that
it _doesn't_ log location, only who you've "met". If it _does_ (or is
supposed to, even if it isn't working!), please share.

Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets
you. - Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear
BrritSki
2020-05-14 15:35:33 UTC
Is that because you _haven't_ moved, or because it's not logging that
you have?
I have been moving about, but the location data is blank except for
today. For today it has four entries, all my home address, but nothing
for the trip to get fuel, garden centre, our walk round the river and
the stop at the farm butchers. Perhaps I have misunderstood what this is
supposed to show...
I'll check it out and report back...
Jim Easterbrook
2020-05-14 15:39:56 UTC
Is that because you _haven't_ moved, or because it's not logging that
you have?
I have been moving about, but the location data is blank except for
today. For today it has four entries, all my home address, but nothing
for the trip to get fuel, garden centre, our walk round the river and
the stop at the farm butchers. Perhaps I have misunderstood what this is
supposed to show...
I'll check it out and report back...
The location recording app I installed on my phone (for the purpose of
logging walks and so on) took a lot of persuading to stay active when the
phone was not in use. It still isn't what I'd call adequate. Latest
Android goes to some trouble to suppress backgrounded apps in the hope of
getting decent battery life.
2020-05-14 15:45:32 UTC
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Is that because you _haven't_ moved, or because it's not logging that
you have?
I have been moving about, but the location data is blank except for
today. For today it has four entries, all my home address, but nothing
for the trip to get fuel, garden centre, our walk round the river and
the stop at the farm butchers. Perhaps I have misunderstood what this is
supposed to show...
I'll check it out and report back...
The location recording app I installed on my phone (for the purpose of
logging walks and so on) took a lot of persuading to stay active when the
phone was not in use. It still isn't what I'd call adequate. Latest
Android goes to some trouble to suppress backgrounded apps in the hope of
getting decent battery life.
Well that was the point of this app - that it was Apple/Android
authorised to override that situation whereas the NHSX app would not be
able to, so essentially was useless unless the user kept the app active
and the phone was not allowed to go to sleep. With hilarious results for
battery life :/

My built-in tracker app works fine though when I remember to turn it on...
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2020-05-14 17:08:41 UTC
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Is that because you _haven't_ moved, or because it's not logging that
you have?
I have been moving about, but the location data is blank except for
today. For today it has four entries, all my home address, but nothing
for the trip to get fuel, garden centre, our walk round the river and
the stop at the farm butchers. Perhaps I have misunderstood what this is
supposed to show...
I'll check it out and report back...
Maybe it only logs locations of encounters. Though the four at home ...
are those for "encounters" with your fellow householders? (I can't bring
myself to use the perfectly good term "housemates", because of
corruption by reverse-Bazalgette.)
Post by BrritSki
Post by Jim Easterbrook
The location recording app I installed on my phone (for the purpose of
logging walks and so on) took a lot of persuading to stay active when the
phone was not in use. It still isn't what I'd call adequate. Latest
Android goes to some trouble to suppress backgrounded apps in the hope of
getting decent battery life.
Well that was the point of this app - that it was Apple/Android
authorised to override that situation whereas the NHSX app would not be
able to, so essentially was useless unless the user kept the app active
and the phone was not allowed to go to sleep. With hilarious results
for battery life :/
I _thought_ I'd heard that the NHS one _didn't_ log location (only the
number of the people you "met"), to allay privacy concerns. I've not had
that confirmed or denied though.
Post by BrritSki
My built-in tracker app works fine though when I remember to turn it on...

If you're worried that your house is haunted by a ghost and might need
exorcising, there's an easy way of working out if it is or it isn't: it isn't.
- Victoria Coren Mitchell, quoted in RT 2017/10/7-13
Chris McMillan
2020-05-16 10:28:31 UTC
Post by Vicky Ayech
Sounds very unpleasant to travel.
I see it's a "personal" letter (email?) to "Mrs Ayech".
1. "If you can, please walk or cycle for all or part of your journey,
including to complete your journey if travelling into central London. We
have been introducing local improvements in partnership with boroughs to
widen footpaths and provide more cycle lanes."
Paths and lanes are all very well, but I'm not aware of tube stations -
let alone bus stops - having secure cycle storage, so how are people
supposed to cycle for _part_ of their journey - take their bike with
them? While this might help maintain distancing (!), I can't see it as
being practical on most public transport, at least when busy!
The sale of foldable bikes?

2020-05-14 12:18:05 UTC
And anyway it only matters if you stand next to someone for any length
of time, like in a queue.
Why is length of time important? Shirley, if I pass close to someone on
the street - someone who is infected with the virus - who sneeze as we
draw level and I inhale droplets from that sneeze, I can be infected?
Where is the time element in the virus passing from one person to another?
Wrexham, UK
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2020-05-14 12:35:25 UTC
And anyway it only matters if you stand next to someone for any
length of time, like in a queue.
Why is length of time important? Shirley, if I pass close to someone
on the street - someone who is infected with the virus - who sneeze as
we draw level and I inhale droplets from that sneeze, I can be
infected? Where is the time element in the virus passing from one
person to another?
If they sneeze at the moment of passing, of course that increases the
chance. But for say a static or slow-moving situation, the longer you
remain close to an infected person, the greater the chance that you'll
inhale (or whatever) a critical dose of the virus particles they're
breathing out. The link Kate B posted -
https://www.erinbromage.com/post/the-risks-know-them-avoid-them/ - puts
it better than I can: though it's a small number (that suggests 1000
[though it will vary from person to person]), there _is_ a threshold
below which it might not take hold.

Veni, Vidi, VO5 (I came, I saw, I washed my hair) - Mik from S+AS Limited
(***@saslimited.demon.co.uk), 1998
Serena Blanchflower
2020-05-14 07:56:17 UTC
https://view.email.tfl.gov.uk/?qs=817588808cbb4e98c0a0710a81e3844b6a24bdfa3e834139b24359a4a560acde947cc80fa253fb471fce7fcb803e85b799a23fae30b262ba8e1bab709b83cc3b842e0336eaebd044843bae2348784b55
Sounds very unpleasant to travel.
It does. I liked the request to "Please try to take the most direct
route and avoid busy interchanges." Surely, for a lot of people, the
most direct route will take them straight through busy interchanges
(this is why they are busy, after all!). Which half of the advice are
they expected to choose?
--
Happy hibernating and stay well,
best wishes, Serena

When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the
airplane takes off against the wind, not with it. (Henry Ford)
Vicky Ayech
2020-05-14 09:11:31 UTC
On Thu, 14 May 2020 08:56:17 +0100, Serena Blanchflower
https://view.email.tfl.gov.uk/?qs=817588808cbb4e98c0a0710a81e3844b6a24bdfa3e834139b24359a4a560acde947cc80fa253fb471fce7fcb803e85b799a23fae30b262ba8e1bab709b83cc3b842e0336eaebd044843bae2348784b55
Sounds very unpleasant to travel.
It does. I liked the request to "Please try to take the most direct
route and avoid busy interchanges." Surely, for a lot of people, the
most direct route will take them straight through busy interchanges
(this is why they are busy, after all!). Which half of the advice are
they expected to choose?
A lot of the advice was like that. As if they had a few random
thoughts on a serviette while having a long boozy lunch and put these
unconnected thoughts into a briefing, for the plebs. Of course those
doing the briefing and having the lunch have cars. And part of the
advice is drive to work.
steve hague
2020-05-14 11:13:32 UTC
[...]
I think the advice is deliberately ambiguous. If they issued clear
advice and it all went horribly wrong, they'd be to blame.
2020-05-14 14:59:43 UTC
If they issued clear advice and it all went horribly wrong, they'd be to
blame.
Do you mean like the advice on care homes where it was highly unlikely
to catch the virus as Keir pointed out to Boris yesterday?
steve hague
2020-05-15 14:26:15 UTC
If they issued clear advice and it all went horribly wrong, they'd be
to blame.
Do you mean like the advice on care homes where it was highly unlikely
to catch the virus as Keir pointed out to Boris yesterday?
Well they didn't say it was impossible, did they?
2020-05-16 10:37:41 UTC
If they issued clear advice and it all went horribly wrong, they'd be to
blame.
Do you mean like the advice on care homes where it was highly unlikely
to catch the virus as Keir pointed out to Boris yesterday?
If I had a rellie who died of Covid in an institution, I would certainly be
asking the questions. I’m pleased I have a clear answer.

2020-05-14 10:00:18 UTC
https://view.email.tfl.gov.uk/?qs=817588808cbb4e98c0a0710a81e3844b6a24bdfa3e834139b24359a4a560acde947cc80fa253fb471fce7fcb803e85b799a23fae30b262ba8e1bab709b83cc3b842e0336eaebd044843bae2348784b55
Sounds very unpleasant to travel.
It does.  I liked the request to "Please try to take the most direct
route and avoid busy interchanges."  Surely, for a lot of people, the
most direct route will take them straight through busy interchanges
(this is why they are busy, after all!).  Which half of the advice are
they expected to choose?
There is a study undertaken on the London Underground using mobile phone
signals of the routes taken between two points and the somewhat strange
routes some people take.

A few months ago (January?) I was at a meeting at Old Street another
participant and I both had to go back to Waterloo. I had left earlier
and went via Northern Line to London Bridge and Jubilee. We passed each
other going in opposite directions at London Bridge as they headed up to
take the Southeastern service to Waterloo East. On my next trip I used
the Drain and Northern line. Timings pretty similar I rather think.
2020-05-14 09:56:04 UTC
https://view.email.tfl.gov.uk/?qs=817588808cbb4e98c0a0710a81e3844b6a24bdfa3e834139b24359a4a560acde947cc80fa253fb471fce7fcb803e85b799a23fae30b262ba8e1bab709b83cc3b842e0336eaebd044843bae2348784b55
Sounds very unpleasant to travel.
Physical distancing and public transport cannot both work. If you want
the latter the former is normally not possible. Don't pretend otherwise
and certainly don't pretend (Grant Shapps I am looking at you) that
after 70 years of encouraging people not to live close to their work
that walking or cycling are reasonable alternatives for most people.

That is the way it is!
Peter Percival
2020-05-14 17:15:46 UTC
https://view.email.tfl.gov.uk/?qs=817588808cbb4e98c0a0710a81e3844b6a24bdfa3e834139b24359a4a560acde947cc80fa253fb471fce7fcb803e85b799a23fae30b262ba8e1bab709b83cc3b842e0336eaebd044843bae2348784b55
Sounds very unpleasant to travel.
"sustainable" is one of those words which has been used so often that it
has lost its meaning.