Disappointment (an umra memory challenge)
2021-01-10 15:28:43 UTC
I will admit to being disappointed when Tanners released Kirsty "under
investigation". I was looking forward to dusting off the old "Free the
Ambridge One" placards. It did, however, set me wondering how many names
have been crossed off those placards over the years. So far I've come up
with:

Freddy Pargeter
Helen Tichener (remand only)
Susan Carter
Tom Forrest (?remand?)

(I'm assuming nobody protested for either Clive Horrobin or Alf Grundy
to be freed).

Who else has been incarcerated at Her Majesty's pleasure?

2021-01-10 16:02:23 UTC
I will admit to being disappointed when Tanners released Kirsty "under
investigation". I was looking forward to dusting off the old "Free the
Ambridge One" placards. It did, however, set me wondering how many names
have been crossed off those placards over the years. So far I've come up
Freddy Pargeter
Helen Tichener (remand only)
Susan Carter
Tom Forrest (?remand?)
(I'm assuming nobody protested for either Clive Horrobin or Alf Grundy
to be freed).
Who else has been incarcerated at Her Majesty's pleasure?
john
The following have had run ins with the fuzz:

Wayne ? - drugs bust

Tom and Kirsty - overnight - crop trashing?

Josh - overnight handling stolen goods?

Matt Crawford

Kathy's rapist
2021-01-10 16:31:24 UTC
On Sun, 10 Jan 2021 16:02:23 +0000, krw <***@whitnet.uk> scrawled in the
dust...
I will admit to being disappointed when Tanners released Kirsty "under
investigation". I was looking forward to dusting off the old "Free the
Ambridge One" placards. It did, however, set me wondering how many names
have been crossed off those placards over the years. So far I've come up
Freddy Pargeter
Helen Tichener (remand only)
Susan Carter
Tom Forrest (?remand?)
(I'm assuming nobody protested for either Clive Horrobin or Alf Grundy
to be freed).
Who else has been incarcerated at Her Majesty's pleasure?
john
Wayne ? - drugs bust
Tom and Kirsty - overnight - crop trashing?
Josh - overnight handling stolen goods?
Matt Crawford
Kathy's rapist
Surely a Grundy or two?
Young Ed caused Emma's accident on a motorbike, I think.
Eddie, for poaching, if not any of his other scams?

Jazzer for nicking Ketamine from the vet?

Roy for attacking Usha?

Not sure any of those resulted in more than an overnight stay though.
2021-01-10 18:00:01 UTC
dust...
[...]
David for badger bashing? I think that came to the police's attention
but I can't remember for certain.
Q. What has a neck but no head?
A. A bottle
Sid Nuncius
2021-01-10 19:14:47 UTC
dust...
[...]
Simon Pemberton for assaulting Debbie (fined, not detained IIRC).

There was a character called Gibson, a right smoothie who conned a young
Kate (and Jennifer) but was a cannabis grower and dealer. I think he
had his collar felt in the end, but I can't remember the details.
--
Sid
2021-01-10 21:39:06 UTC
On Sun, 10 Jan 2021 19:14:47 +0000, Sid Nuncius
dust...
[...]
What about the car accident when Helen was drunk driving but Tom said
he was driving. The police must have been involved.
Penny
2021-01-10 22:44:28 UTC
On Sun, 10 Jan 2021 19:14:47 +0000, Sid Nuncius <***@hotmail.co.uk>
There was a character called Gibson, a right smoothie who conned a young
Kate (and Jennifer) but was a cannabis grower and dealer. I think he
had his collar felt in the end, but I can't remember the details.
Coo, nothing wrong with that bit of your memory Sid!
TAE say
Jolyon Gibson (William Tapley) - I paraphrase a bit...
To Jennifer and Brian Aldridge, public school-educated Gibson seemed a much
better boyfriend for their daughter Kate than Roy Tucker. They were wrong.
In 1995 he gave Kate a bottle of pills for Christmas on which she almost
overdosed. John Archer warned Gibson off (Get-out-of-my-village!) but Roy
fought him and sent him packing after Gibson boasted he had slept with
Kate.
When last heard of, he was on remand for drugs offences.
2021-01-11 11:37:43 UTC
There was a character called Gibson, a right smoothie who conned a young
Kate (and Jennifer) but was a cannabis grower and dealer. I think he
had his collar felt in the end, but I can't remember the details.
Coo, nothing wrong with that bit of your memory Sid!
TAE say
Jolyon Gibson (William Tapley) - I paraphrase a bit...
To Jennifer and Brian Aldridge, public school-educated Gibson seemed a much
better boyfriend for their daughter Kate than Roy Tucker. They were wrong.
In 1995 he gave Kate a bottle of pills for Christmas on which she almost
overdosed. John Archer warned Gibson off (Get-out-of-my-village!) but Roy
fought him and sent him packing after Gibson boasted he had slept with
Kate.
When last heard of, he was on remand for drugs offences.
ISTR Gibson and Kate inviting Brian and Jennifer for supper and serving
them a casserole laced with hash. A merry time was had by all...
Be careful what you wish for; it just may come true.
rosieT
Wasn't Tommy Archer jugged for his part in GM crop trashing? Seem to remember Pat getting a bit cross at the thought of him banged up?
Serena Blanchflower
2021-01-11 11:36:44 UTC
Post by rosieT
Post by John Ashby
I will admit to being disappointed when Tanners released Kirsty "under
investigation". I was looking forward to dusting off the old "Free the
Ambridge One" placards. It did, however, set me wondering how many names
have been crossed off those placards over the years. So far I've come up
Freddy Pargeter
Helen Tichener (remand only)
Susan Carter
Tom Forrest (?remand?)
(I'm assuming nobody protested for either Clive Horrobin or Alf Grundy
to be freed).
Who else has been incarcerated at Her Majesty's pleasure?
john
Wasn't Tommy Archer jugged for his part in GM crop trashing? Seem to remember Pat getting a bit cross at the thought of him banged up?
No, he and Kirsty were found not guilty. You're right though, that Pat
had been very unhappy about the idea of him becoming a jail-bird.
A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.
(Walter Winchell)
Nick Odell
2021-01-11 17:52:07 UTC
On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 11:36:44 +0000, Serena Blanchflower
Post by Serena Blanchflower
Post by rosieT
Post by John Ashby
[...]
Was the GM crop destruction story inspired by Lord Melchett's little
foray? Or was Melchett[1] inspired into action by Tom & Kirsty?

Nick
The real one: not the Blackadder character, obvs.