21 - 7- 20
2020-07-21 21:33:58 UTC
Unfortunately the change of writers didn't really improve things. Even
Emma's scenes, and I think she handles the format better than most
others, was not that good. That was the actual content, not her
performance.

I don't like Alice so never think her that good but I suppose she did
well enough as she made me dislike her even more. The contrast between
Emma, who works hard and gets a rotten deal, and Spoiled Alice who is
clearly heading for more trouble is obvious. And Daddy dear can't see
the problem. I don't think he is that good at the format either. I
suppose this is at least a follow on of previous story lines, Alice
drinking and the situation with the company she worked for.

From the spoilers for later in the week trouble is coming Ed's way
too. I am afraid it will be something to do with the work he was
bullied into doing for Umbrella, driving the vats of stuff around.
b***@gmail.com
2020-07-23 22:36:54 UTC
Unfortunately the change of writers didn't really improve things. Even
Emma's scenes, and I think she handles the format better than most
others, was not that good. That was the actual content, not her
performance.
I don't like Alice so never think her that good but I suppose she did
well enough as she made me dislike her even more. The contrast between
Emma, who works hard and gets a rotten deal, and Spoiled Alice who is
clearly heading for more trouble is obvious. And Daddy dear can't see
the problem. I don't think he is that good at the format either. I
suppose this is at least a follow on of previous story lines, Alice
drinking and the situation with the company she worked for.
I've quite liked hearing Brian's inner voice. I liked him admitting that he's really proud of Adam - because you'd never know that from his "public" interactions with Adam. And I think that's an indicator of his generation - what is he, late 70s?

I have a bit of affection for Brian, and it goes back to probably 20 years ago, when we saw a side of Brian we don't often get. Jenny was away, and he had cause to pop by Grange Farm when the Grundys still had it. My memory may be faulty, but I think they fed him, and booze was taken. In vino veritas. He was affable, and funny, and they all agreed that they were all farmers. It was a charming episode; possibly my #1 ever.
carolet
2020-07-24 11:09:55 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Post by Vicky Ayech
[...]
Brian Aldridge was born 20/11/1943, current age 76.