(K)nickers the giant cow
2018-11-28 06:24:48 UTC
Apparently this giant cow - 2m (6'4") tall, 1.4 tons (or possibly
tonnes) - has been rejected by meat processors, presumably because they
can't process it.

But that's not what amazes me; what does is that it's been in news
bulletins for about a day now, on the news network and now on Breakfast,
and _nobody_ has commented on the fact that it's been consistently
described as a COW, but referred to as HE!

Have you ever heard about a petition, disagreed with it, but been frustrated
that there's no way you can *show* that you disagree? If so, have a look at
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/232770 - and please pass it on if you
agree, especially to twitter, facebook, gransnet/mumsnet, or any such forum.

"OLTION'S COMPLETE, UNABRIDGED HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE
Bang! ...crumple." - Jery Oltion
Chris J Dixon
2018-11-28 08:30:57 UTC
Apparently this giant cow - 2m (6'4") tall, 1.4 tons (or possibly
tonnes) - has been rejected by meat processors, presumably because they
can't process it.
But that's not what amazes me; what does is that it's been in news
bulletins for about a day now, on the news network and now on Breakfast,
and _nobody_ has commented on the fact that it's been consistently
described as a COW, but referred to as HE!
Apparently a steer.

<https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/nov/28/knickers-the-cow-why-australias-giant-steer-is-so-fascinating>

***@cdixon.me.uk
Plant amazing Acers.
agsmith578688@gmail.com Tony Smith Prestbury Glos.
2018-11-28 08:31:38 UTC
I'm sure BBC on-line have referred to it as a bull.
Mike
2018-11-28 08:49:58 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com Tony Smith Prestbury Glos.
I'm sure BBC on-line have referred to it as a bull.
Load of bovine excrement!
2018-11-28 10:24:44 UTC
Apparently this giant cow - 2m (6'4") tall, 1.4 tons (or possibly
tonnes) - has been rejected by meat processors, presumably because they
can't process it.
But that's not what amazes me; what does is that it's been in news
bulletins for about a day now, on the news network and now on Breakfast,
and _nobody_ has commented on the fact that it's been consistently
described as a COW, but referred to as HE!
Species cow, male bull/steer if not bullish.
2018-11-28 11:44:51 UTC
Apparently this giant cow - 2m (6'4") tall, 1.4 tons (or possibly
tonnes) - has been rejected by meat processors, presumably because they
can't process it.
But that's not what amazes me; what does is that it's been in news
bulletins for about a day now, on the news network and now on Breakfast,
and _nobody_ has commented on the fact that it's been consistently
described as a COW, but referred to as HE!
Species cow, male bull/steer if not bullish.
First we’ve heard of it!

Sincerely Chris
Steve Hague
2018-11-28 15:30:54 UTC
Apparently this giant cow - 2m (6'4") tall, 1.4 tons (or possibly
tonnes) - has been rejected by meat processors, presumably because they
can't process it.
But that's not what amazes me; what does is that it's been in news
bulletins for about a day now, on the news network and now on Breakfast,
and _nobody_ has commented on the fact that it's been consistently
described as a COW, but referred to as HE!
Species cow, male bull/steer if not bullish.
First we’ve heard of it!
Sincerely Chris
First I've heard of it too, and I'm an avid news watcher. Is it fake news?
2018-11-28 15:49:52 UTC
Post by Steve Hague
Apparently this giant cow - 2m (6'4") tall, 1.4 tons (or possibly
tonnes) - has been rejected by meat processors, presumably because they
can't process it.
But that's not what amazes me; what does is that it's been in news
bulletins for about a day now, on the news network and now on Breakfast,
and _nobody_ has commented on the fact that it's been consistently
described as a COW, but referred to as HE!
Species cow, male bull/steer if not bullish.
First we’ve heard of it!
Sincerely Chris
First I've heard of it too, and I'm an avid news watcher. Is it fake news?
Steve
I.e. ‘A load of Bull’?
2018-11-28 16:50:06 UTC
Post by Steve Hague
Apparently this giant cow - 2m (6'4") tall, 1.4 tons (or possibly
tonnes) - has been rejected by meat processors, presumably because they
can't process it.
But that's not what amazes me; what does is that it's been in news
bulletins for about a day now, on the news network and now on Breakfast,
and _nobody_ has commented on the fact that it's been consistently
described as a COW, but referred to as HE!
Species cow, male bull/steer if not bullish.
First we’ve heard of it!
Sincerely Chris
First I've heard of it too, and I'm an avid news watcher. Is it fake news?
It's steak news, not fake news.

<https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7839028/worlds-biggest-cow-australia-6ft-4-tall/>
Mike
2018-11-28 16:52:20 UTC
Post by Steve Hague
Apparently this giant cow - 2m (6'4") tall, 1.4 tons (or possibly
tonnes) - has been rejected by meat processors, presumably because they
can't process it.
But that's not what amazes me; what does is that it's been in news
bulletins for about a day now, on the news network and now on Breakfast,
and _nobody_ has commented on the fact that it's been consistently
described as a COW, but referred to as HE!
Species cow, male bull/steer if not bullish.
First we’ve heard of it!
Sincerely Chris
First I've heard of it too, and I'm an avid news watcher. Is it fake news?
It's steak news, not fake news.
<https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7839028/worlds-biggest-cow-australia-6ft-4-tall/>
‘Of all the joints...’
2018-11-28 22:36:08 UTC
Post by Steve Hague
Apparently this giant cow - 2m (6'4") tall, 1.4 tons (or possibly
tonnes) - has been rejected by meat processors, presumably because they
can't process it.
But that's not what amazes me; what does is that it's been in news
bulletins for about a day now, on the news network and now on Breakfast,
and _nobody_ has commented on the fact that it's been consistently
described as a COW, but referred to as HE!
Species cow, male bull/steer if not bullish.
First we’ve heard of it!
Sincerely Chris
First I've heard of it too, and I'm an avid news watcher. Is it fake news?
It's steak news, not fake news.
<https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7839028/worlds-biggest-cow-australia-6ft-4-tall/>
No steaks - too large for the abbatoir.
Rosemary Miskin
2018-11-28 17:47:46 UTC
There's a large picture of the cow, with a herdvof tiny ones, in today's Torygraph.

Rosemary
agsmith578688@gmail.com Tony Smith Prestbury Glos.
2018-11-28 18:45:11 UTC
And on AOL.
agsmith578688@gmail.com Tony Smith Prestbury Glos.
2018-11-28 19:03:52 UTC
And on AOL.
Penny
2018-11-28 13:48:46 UTC
On Wed, 28 Nov 2018 10:24:44 +0000, krw <***@whitnet.uk> scrawled in the
dust...
Apparently this giant cow - 2m (6'4") tall, 1.4 tons (or possibly
tonnes) - has been rejected by meat processors, presumably because they
can't process it.
But that's not what amazes me; what does is that it's been in news
bulletins for about a day now, on the news network and now on Breakfast,
and _nobody_ has commented on the fact that it's been consistently
described as a COW, but referred to as HE!
Species cow, male bull/steer if not bullish.
Not sure about that but it reminds me of one of my earliest TA memories
when Tony, aged about 8, was asking "what is a hen a hen of?" and "what is
a cow a cow of?" having learnt, presumably, that most birds have cocks and
hens and several mammals have cows and bulls.

The answer to the first question was obviously chicken (folk who keep them
tend to just refer to 'the hens' and 'the rooster') but there was some
dispute over cattle and I think ox was mentioned.
2018-11-28 14:02:12 UTC
dust...
[...]
No coveting please...;-)
2018-11-29 21:21:39 UTC
dust...
[...]
No Mike.
Coverts are for game birds.
Oxen are quite different.
2018-11-30 08:41:02 UTC
dust...
[...]
There were no ‘arse’ in my spelling!
2018-11-28 18:35:18 UTC
Apparently this giant cow - 2m (6'4") tall, 1.4 tons (or possibly
tonnes) - has been rejected by meat processors, presumably because
they can't process it.
But that's not what amazes me; what does is that it's been in news
bulletins for about a day now, on the news network and now on
Breakfast, and _nobody_ has commented on the fact that it's been
consistently described as a COW, but referred to as HE!
Species cow, male bull/steer if not bullish.
Species cattle, ox, whatever; female cow/heifer/etc., male
bull/steer/whatever. I think cows are always female.

Although I enjoy

Have you ever heard about a petition, disagreed with it, but been frustrated
that there's no way you can *show* that you disagree? If so, have a look at
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/232770 - and please pass it on if you
agree, especially to twitter, facebook, gransnet/mumsnet, or any such forum.

If you believe in telekinesis, raise my right hand