The first lines of 10 classic novels rewritten for social distancing
2020-03-19 16:53:31 UTC
Spotted on Facebook, and particularly umratic I thought:

<https://lithub.com/the-first-lines-of-10-classic-novels-rewritten-for-social-distancing/>

I particularly liked Pride and Prejudice:-)
Rosalind Mitchell
2020-03-19 17:33:07 UTC
Post by Sally Thompson
I particularly liked Pride and Prejudice:-)
ICU Guy's Hospital. (Bleak House)

2020-03-19 18:47:38 UTC
Post by Sally Thompson
I particularly liked Pride and Prejudice:-)
ICU Guy's Hospital. (Bleak House)
A Tale Of Two Cities:
"It was the worst of times."

Anna Karenina:
"All happy families are alike; each unhappy family has to wipe their
bottoms in their own way."

Rebecca:
"Last night I dreamt I went to Morrisons again."
Rosalind Mitchell
2020-03-19 19:00:08 UTC
Post by Sally Thompson
I particularly liked Pride and Prejudice:-)
ICU Guy's Hospital. (Bleak House)
"It was the worst of times."
"All happy families are alike; each unhappy family has to wipe their
bottoms in their own way."
"Last night I dreamt I went to Morrisons again."
The Go-Between:
"The past is a foreign country, they have a social life there"

King Lear:
"I thought the King had more infected the Duke of Albany than Cornwall."

Ulysses:
"Stately, plump Buck Mulligan shaved in his own room."
Sid Nuncius
2020-03-20 06:14:42 UTC
Post by Sally Thompson
I particularly liked Pride and Prejudice:-)
ICU Guy's Hospital. (Bleak House)
"It was the worst of times."
"All happy families are alike; each unhappy family has to wipe their
bottoms in their own way."
"Last night I dreamt I went to Morrisons again."
"The past is a foreign country, they have a social life there"
"I thought the King had more infected the Duke of Albany than Cornwall."
"Stately, plump Buck Mulligan shaved in his own room."
:o)

Two that apply unchanged:
Macbeth:
"When shall we three meet again?"

L'Etranger (Camus)
"Aujourd'hui, maman est morte."
Marmaduke Jinks
2020-03-20 11:00:22 UTC
Post by Sally Thompson
I particularly liked Pride and Prejudice:-)
ICU Guy's Hospital. (Bleak House)
"It was the worst of times."
"All happy families are alike; each unhappy family has to wipe their
bottoms in their own way."
"Last night I dreamt I went to Morrisons again."
Love the Rebecca one :-)

MJ