So farewell then ...
2019-12-30 12:43:52 UTC
Neil Innes. A man whose parodies were often much better songs than the
originals. And bravely sang about brave Sir Robin.
198kHz
2019-12-30 14:41:06 UTC
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Neil Innes. A man whose parodies were often much better songs than the
originals. And bravely sang about brave Sir Robin.
Another shirt gone from the wardrobe of my soul.
Cue excruciating guitar solo. RIP Neil.
198kHz
Alex
2019-12-30 19:48:53 UTC
I've suffered for my music. Now it's your turn...
steveski
2019-12-31 02:44:16 UTC
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Neil Innes. A man whose parodies were often much better songs than the
originals. And bravely sang about brave Sir Robin.
When will the meedja stop saying "The Bonzo Dog Doo-dah Band"?

I know that this is pedantry of the highest water, but they were only
that name for "Do Not Adjust Your Set" (brilliant :-) .

The band's name on my records is "The Bonzo Dog Band".

Sorry for this rantette but I've emailed Auntie a few times over the
years (with no replies or acknowledgements of receipt) when other
prominent band members have kharked it and it's become one of my
"Aaaarrrggghhhhs"

Big fat soz.
2019-12-31 08:29:08 UTC
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Neil Innes. A man whose parodies were often much better songs than the
originals. And bravely sang about brave Sir Robin.
When will the meedja stop saying "The Bonzo Dog Doo-dah Band"?
I know that this is pedantry of the highest water, but they were only
that name for "Do Not Adjust Your Set" (brilliant :-) .
The band's name on my records is "The Bonzo Dog Band".
Sorry for this rantette but I've emailed Auntie a few times over the
years (with no replies or acknowledgements of receipt) when other
prominent band members have kharked it and it's become one of my
"Aaaarrrggghhhhs"
Big fat soz.
Auntie just left you in the Doo-dah did she?
2019-12-31 11:44:31 UTC
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Neil Innes. A man whose parodies were often much better songs than the
originals. And bravely sang about brave Sir Robin.
When will the meedja stop saying "The Bonzo Dog Doo-dah Band"?
I know that this is pedantry of the highest water, but they were only
that name for "Do Not Adjust Your Set" (brilliant :-) .
The band's name on my records is "The Bonzo Dog Band".
Sorry for this rantette but I've emailed Auntie a few times over the
years (with no replies or acknowledgements of receipt) when other
prominent band members have kharked it and it's become one of my
"Aaaarrrggghhhhs"
Big fat soz.
The Indie called them The Bonzo Dog Dada Band...

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/neil-innes-death-rutles-monty-python-age-cause-tv-shows-songs-a9264251.html

Nick
Peter Percival
2019-12-31 18:05:41 UTC
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Neil Innes. A man whose parodies were often much better songs than the
originals. And bravely sang about brave Sir Robin.
Everybody seems to be dying, and every day too. I blame the parents.