Hilda Ogden
2018-11-14 19:07:01 UTC
Ermmm, I wonder if she is a good ‘ratter’?
2018-11-14 19:08:31 UTC
Ermmm, I wonder if she is a good ‘ratter’?
Only if they're cooked and served in expensive pouches, I expect.
2018-11-15 13:17:43 UTC
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by Mike
Ermmm, I wonder if she is a good ‘ratter’?
Only if they're cooked and served in expensive pouches, I expect.
What herbs might they be cooked in? Perhaps adding some deadly nightside
fungi would enhance the flavour?
2018-11-15 13:26:33 UTC
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by Mike
Ermmm, I wonder if she is a good ‘ratter’?
Only if they're cooked and served in expensive pouches, I expect.
What herbs might they be cooked in? Perhaps adding some deadly nightside
fungi would enhance the flavour?
Freddie and Nolly might know where to find those ...

(Actually, I think deadly nightshade - belladonna - isn't a fungus, but
a sprig of red berries. [It's called belladonna because - I think it's a
muscle relaxant - taken in _small_ quantities it makes the pupils
dilate, which is in some circles thought to make ladies attractive.])

... and how lovely, warm, funny, and just all-round Victoria Woodish she was.
- Richard Osman on Victoria Wood, RT 2017/4/8-14
Mike
2018-11-15 13:36:04 UTC
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by Mike
Ermmm, I wonder if she is a good ‘ratter’?
Only if they're cooked and served in expensive pouches, I expect.
What herbs might they be cooked in? Perhaps adding some deadly nightside
fungi would enhance the flavour?
Freddie and Nolly might know where to find those ...
(Actually, I think deadly nightshade - belladonna - isn't a fungus, but
a sprig of red berries. [It's called belladonna because - I think it's a
muscle relaxant - taken in _small_ quantities it makes the pupils
dilate, which is in some circles thought to make ladies attractive.])
Indeed you are spot on Jpeg, nearest I have been to such substances is
drops of atropine during eye-care post op.
http://www.thepoisongarden.co.uk/atoz/atropa_belladonna.htm
2018-11-15 13:57:12 UTC
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by Mike
Ermmm, I wonder if she is a good ‘ratter’?
Only if they're cooked and served in expensive pouches, I expect.
What herbs might they be cooked in? Perhaps adding some deadly nightside
fungi would enhance the flavour?
Freddie and Nolly might know where to find those ...
(Actually, I think deadly nightshade - belladonna - isn't a fungus, but
a sprig of red berries. [It's called belladonna because - I think it's a
muscle relaxant - taken in _small_ quantities it makes the pupils
dilate, which is in some circles thought to make ladies attractive.])
Indeed you are spot on Jpeg, nearest I have been to such substances is
drops of atropine during eye-care post op.
http://www.thepoisongarden.co.uk/atoz/atropa_belladonna.htm
Thanks. Although it looks like the sprig of red berries I was thinking
of is actually cuckoo-pint; the belladonna berries are round, shiny,
black, and not in clumps.

Apologies to [those] who may have been harmed by the scientific inaccuracies
in this post. - Roger Tilbury in UMRA, 2018-3-14
LFS
2018-11-15 13:54:53 UTC
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by Mike
Ermmm, I wonder if she is a good ‘ratter’?
Only if they're cooked and served in expensive pouches, I expect.
What herbs might they be cooked in? Perhaps adding some deadly nightside
fungi would enhance the flavour?
Freddie and Nolly might know where to find those ...
(Actually, I think deadly nightshade - belladonna - isn't a fungus, but
a sprig of red berries. [It's called belladonna because - I think it's a
muscle relaxant - taken in _small_ quantities it makes the pupils
dilate, which is in some circles thought to make ladies attractive.])
I was prescribed it by a GP as a homeopathic remedy for sore throats.
Whatever your views on homeopathy may be, it's proved quite effective
for me.
2018-11-15 14:18:22 UTC
Post by LFS
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by Mike
Ermmm, I wonder if she is a good ‘ratter’?
Only if they're cooked and served in expensive pouches, I expect.
What herbs might they be cooked in? Perhaps adding some deadly nightside
fungi would enhance the flavour?
Freddie and Nolly might know where to find those ...
(Actually, I think deadly nightshade - belladonna - isn't a fungus, but
a sprig of red berries. [It's called belladonna because - I think it's a
muscle relaxant - taken in _small_ quantities it makes the pupils
dilate, which is in some circles thought to make ladies attractive.])
I was prescribed it by a GP as a homeopathic remedy for sore throats.
Whatever your views on homeopathy may be, it's proved quite effective
for me.
My! What beautiful eyes you have Laura! -;)
2018-11-15 17:59:26 UTC
Post by LFS
I was prescribed it by a GP as a homeopathic remedy for sore throats.
Whatever your views on homeopathy may be, it's proved quite effective
for me.
My views are rather summed up by an oft-quoted remark by Niels Bohr,
when a friend saw a horseshoe hanging over the door of his house:

Friend: "Surely you don't believe in that stuff about horseshoes
bringing you luck, do you, Neils?"

Bohr: "Of course I don't. But I'm told they bring you luck whether you
believe in it or not."