So much for GDPA!
2019-11-18 11:40:25 UTC
Just had our water bill from Thames Water; large envelope and print and
emblazoned ‘Articles for the Blind’.... err..., I have not disclosed my
visual handicap to them - nor requested the details in large print version.
GDPA. - WHAT RUBBISH!!!
2019-11-18 11:46:51 UTC
Just had our water bill from Thames Water; large envelope and print and
emblazoned ‘Articles for the Blind’.... err..., I have not disclosed my
visual handicap to them - nor requested the details in large print version.
GDPA. - WHAT RUBBISH!!!
Where would they have got the information from? That might be a
dangerous thing for them to publicise, sending an envelope with that
information on it. It tells the postman and anyone who sees it the
people in the house are vulnerable.
Chris McMillan
2019-11-18 19:00:57 UTC
Just had our water bill from Thames Water; large envelope and print and
emblazoned ‘Articles for the Blind’.... err..., I have not disclosed my
visual handicap to them - nor requested the details in large print version.
GDPA. - WHAT RUBBISH!!!
Where would they have got the information from? That might be a
dangerous thing for them to publicise, sending an envelope with that
information on it. It tells the postman and anyone who sees it the
people in the house are vulnerable.
It doesn’t say articles for the blind, Vicky, unless someone used a QR
code. Not only articles for the blind but the water bill is in both our
names!

2019-11-18 20:51:58 UTC
Just had our water bill from Thames Water; large envelope and print and
emblazoned ‘Articles for the Blind’.... err..., I have not disclosed my
visual handicap to them - nor requested the details in large print version.
GDPA. - WHAT RUBBISH!!!
Where would they have got the information from? That might be a
dangerous thing for them to publicise, sending an envelope with that
information on it. It tells the postman and anyone who sees it the
people in the house are vulnerable.
It doesn’t say articles for the blind, Vicky, unless someone used a QR
code. Not only articles for the blind but the water bill is in both our
names!
Sincerely Chris
It states ‘Articles for the Blind’ on the top sheet that is stapled to all
the others.
2019-11-18 12:38:28 UTC
Just had our water bill from Thames Water; large envelope and print and
emblazoned ‘Articles for the Blind’.... err..., I have not disclosed my
visual handicap to them - nor requested the details in large print version.
GDPA. - WHAT RUBBISH!!!
My guess is that it's got something to do with your gas and/or
electrickery. Power companies like to know if they have any
"vulnerable" customers so that if there is a power outage they know
who they have to treat as a priority. If you've disclosed anything to
the power people there's probably a tick box or an untick box in grey
on a grey background at about page 172 of the terms and conditions
that alows them to pass that information on to others and I guess
they've told Thames Water.

If you haven't not no never passed that information to no one then
just how Thames Water got it could prove more interesting.

2019-11-18 12:49:19 UTC
If you haven't not no never passed that information to no one then
just how Thames Water got it could prove more interesting.
The waife has had a Boots Advantage card for many years and a few months
ago installed the Boots app on her smartphone.

Suddenly the email notifications, mail, offers etc started to come
through with MY name on and to my email address.

I suspect that it is because I setup her mobile phone and may have used
my credentials when I did so, and the app has picked that info up when
it installed.

However it happened, Boots have no way of telling is how and when the
changes happened which I think is unbelievable - don;t they keep an
audit trail of updates to their databases.

Anyway, we have made complaints to the ICO, so we'll see what happens.
Flop
2019-11-18 12:59:55 UTC
If you haven't not no never passed that information to no one then
just how Thames Water got it could prove more interesting.
The waife has had a Boots Advantage card for many years and a few months
ago installed the Boots app on her smartphone.
Suddenly the email notifications, mail, offers etc started to come
through with MY name on and to my email address.
I suspect that it is because I setup her mobile phone and may have used
my credentials when I did so, and the app has picked that info up when
it installed.
However it happened, Boots have no way of telling is how and when the
changes happened which I think is unbelievable - don;t they keep an
audit trail of updates to their databases.
Anyway, we have made complaints to the ICO, so we'll see what happens.
Sometimes they can have too much information.

Recently booked an eye test for SWMBO.

On my computer because she can't be a***d to learn.

Got a phone call from the optician.

"You have just had an eye test!"

You can guess the rest of the conversation.
--
Flop

Truly the Good Lord gave us computers that we might learn patience
Mike
2019-11-18 12:51:53 UTC
[...]
Nick
That is my thought too Nick; having declared such information to my
eneryco, they have (cough-cough) ‘helped’ TW, no doubt for a consideration.