Christmas Dinner at Brookfield
2018-12-27 20:46:17 UTC
I haven't listened to TA for months - I was too annoyed at the whole
Lily & Russ storyline that I decided not to bother.

As I'm currently staying at Ma's, it's not so easy to avoid it and
I've heard the Christmas Day edition twice. We know Rory was going to
Brookfield for Christmas dinner because Brian said so and Jill
commented on it, but did he actually speak at any point. I only
remember hearing Josh making snidey comments to Russ, but if Rory
spoke at all, I must have blanked it from my memory.

I'm beginning to suspect that the whole storyline was merely a vehicle
to allow Brian to push the boat out and spend a bucketload of money
they probably don't have any more on taking Jenny out for a posh lunch
to show off her new earrings.
2018-12-27 21:23:39 UTC
On Thu, 27 Dec 2018 20:46:17 +0000, Fenny
Post by Fenny
I haven't listened to TA for months - I was too annoyed at the whole
Lily & Russ storyline that I decided not to bother.
As I'm currently staying at Ma's, it's not so easy to avoid it and
I've heard the Christmas Day edition twice. We know Rory was going to
Brookfield for Christmas dinner because Brian said so and Jill
commented on it, but did he actually speak at any point. I only
remember hearing Josh making snidey comments to Russ, but if Rory
spoke at all, I must have blanked it from my memory.
I'm beginning to suspect that the whole storyline was merely a vehicle
to allow Brian to push the boat out and spend a bucketload of money
they probably don't have any more on taking Jenny out for a posh lunch
to show off her new earrings.
Yes it was odd to have Josh speak and not Ben as Josh would have left
college a while back, didn't he? Whereas Ben and Rory were the ones
who were eagerly anticipating winding Russ up, and that's what the
listeners were also anticipating.

I was amused at the scenes with Russ but then yesterday sorry when I
heard Lily and Pip, Lily sad that the warm family time she'd hoped
for, as in the days when Freddie and Nigel were there, hadn't quite
happened.
Chris McMillan
2018-12-28 09:07:03 UTC
Post by Fenny
[...]
Josh is the vehicle for the I hate Russ campaign, not Ben. Josh was at
college and knows who Russ is. (Kenton’s best friend not available to dish
the dirt?) I have no problem with Josh not Ruairi.