Post by Penny
scrawled in the dust...
Post by DavidK
I was looking at a chronology and wondered when I started listening.
I can't place Paul Johnson and I remember the Aldridge/Tregorran
history. Can anyrat remember something that happened in 1979?
According to The Archers Archives (by Simon Frith & Chris Arnot):
- Shula spent most of the year travelling, to Bangkok for example
- Caroline Bone began working at Grey Gables, after a couple of years as
a barmaid in The Bull
- Eddie got engaged to Dolly Treadgold, then called it off, they made it
up, but Eddie bottled out the day before the wedding
- David gave up the idea of going to university, after failing his maths
A level, and started at agricultural college
- Phil bought 30 acres from Meadow Farm, confident that there would be
another generation to carry on
I know I started listening properly in late 78/early 79 (when I was
living in a flat without a television), but I can't say that I remember
any of that.
Post by Penny
Helen was born in mid April.
I remember this because I missed it as I was in hospital for the birth of
d#1 with no access to radio 4 at the time - that was a very long 10 days.
I do remember that. I remember that she was born with a dislocated hip
and was in plaster for some time. The Archers Encyclopaedia (compiled by
Joanna Toye & Adrian Flynn) confirms that she was in a splint for 3
months after a breech birth caused the dislocation.