OT: Help! I've got a Win 10/network problem
2019-09-29 16:42:21 UTC
I do hope one of the clever umboffins can help because this is a major
problem for me.

I've just been away from home for a couple of weeks and have done *lots*
of family history work on my lapdog. As usual, I synced the relevant
folder (and a few others) between my PC and lapdog before I went away
and, as usual, attempted to sync again on my return. But now the PC
says it can't see the lapdog and suggests I run Windows Network
Diagnostics. (I'm using SyncToy but it's not a SyncToy problem as the PC
can't see the lapdog if I try via Network.) WND says my setup appears
to be correctly configured but the lapdog is not responding.

If I open Network on the lapdog I can see my PC perfectly, can access
folders and files and can see (and delete) a new folder I created a few
minutes ago.

I really, really need to sync these 2 computers again. Any suggestions?
http://jennygenes.blogspot.co.uk/
John Ashby
2019-09-29 18:44:40 UTC
[...]
Can't help with the syncing, and while you don't look like my
grandmother from here this may be egg-sucking time, BUT, get anything
you've worked on while away copied to a usb drive or similar storage, so
if anything goes belly-up in the sync you won't lose everything.

First rule of computers: Back up everything.

It's also the second and third rule.