BT Award Ceremony - Update
2020-12-30 18:20:06 UTC
I must apologise to honourable umrats - and the rest of you - for
bringing you the breaking news that the ceremony will no longer take
place in Tuvalu.

Even before yesterday’s unfortunate events, my waife had refused point
blank “To get on a plane for a 16 hour flight on our wedding
anniversary, especially sitting next to you with all the sprouts and
parsnips you’ve eaten over the last week.” Most unreasonable, but not be
gainsaid after our latest misadventure.

Yesterday we went to look at the floods in Bedford and when trying to
rescue a drowning swan (which turned out to be a Tesco’s bag for life)
our small boat was swept away several miles downstream. We are now safe,
but stranded on Holt Island Nature Reserve. The St. Ives Constabulary
say they cannot help for several days when the water levels are more
normal, so the Ceremony will be held there, still at 1 PM on the 1st.
Please bring your waders. There is a very good Wifi signal and I have a
mains connection for recharging.
Mike McMillan
2020-12-30 18:55:57 UTC
[...]
Is this a candidate for ‘The unbelievable Truth’ I wonder...?
Anne B
2020-12-30 19:55:00 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Post by BrritSki
[...]
Can't be. The rigmaroles there always have to contain no more and no
fewer than five truths.

Anne B
Sam Plusnet
2020-12-30 21:12:38 UTC
On 30-Dec-20 18:20, BrritSki wrote:
snip
my waife had refused point blank “To get on a plane for a 16 hour flight
on our wedding anniversary
Brritters:
I don't like to complain, really I don't, but I think your wedding
planning could have given a tad more thought to the long term
inconvenience it would cause to UMRA a few years hence.

Not quite the thing old chap.
2020-12-31 08:47:32 UTC
snip
my waife had refused point blank “To get on a plane for a 16 hour
flight on our wedding anniversary
I don't like to complain, really I don't, but I think your wedding
planning could have given a tad more thought to the long term
inconvenience it would cause to UMRA a few years hence.
Not quite the thing old chap.
Profound apologies. It was a miracle that it happened at all given that
we organised it all from Italy when International Telephony was a trial
to say the least.

But it does make it hard to forget the date :)
Mike McMillan
2020-12-31 09:41:08 UTC
snip
my waife had refused point blank “To get on a plane for a 16 hour
flight on our wedding anniversary
I don't like to complain, really I don't, but I think your wedding
planning could have given a tad more thought to the long term
inconvenience it would cause to UMRA a few years hence.
Not quite the thing old chap.
Profound apologies. It was a miracle that it happened at all given that
we organised it all from Italy when International Telephony was a trial
to say the least.
But it does make it hard to forget the date :)
I dunno, sUmrats do let life get in the way of UMRA, no sense of priorities
in my opinion...Harrumph.
Min
2021-01-01 01:12:05 UTC
I am afraid that I must tender my apologies. It would be
fine for me, but not the Hounds. Basenjis don't *do*
water. Let me know should it freeze, that would be
fine!
Min
Penny
2021-01-02 18:27:25 UTC
On Wed, 30 Dec 2020 18:20:06 +0000, BrritSki <***@gmail.com>
I must apologise to honourable umrats - and the rest of you - for
bringing you the breaking news that the ceremony will no longer take
place in Tuvalu.
A bit late now.
Tuvalu is lovely, but too hot for me.
I wish I hadn't made the effort now :(
2021-01-02 18:54:51 UTC
I must apologise to honourable umrats - and the rest of you - for
bringing you the breaking news that the ceremony will no longer take
place in Tuvalu.
A bit late now.
Tuvalu is lovely, but too hot for me.
I wish I hadn't made the effort now :(
Thank you, Penny. It's *ages* since we had a Rubbish Haiku and that's a
real top-quality example
--
Sid
2021-01-03 09:42:57 UTC
I must apologise to honourable umrats - and the rest of you - for
bringing you the breaking news that the ceremony will no longer take
place in Tuvalu.
A bit late now.
Tuvalu is lovely, but too hot for me.
I wish I hadn't made the effort now :(
Oh dear Penny, sorry about that, especially as it looks like you'll be
stuck there for the foreseeable future...