UMRA birthday info for 25 October 2020
Birthday Monitor
2020-10-25 07:18:10 UTC
Birthday News for today, 25 October: Charles Hankel RIP (last post
02/02) and Andy Judge.
2020-10-25 07:55:13 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 25 October: Charles Hankel RIP (last post
02/02) and Andy Judge.
<raises coffee mug>
Absent friends.
--
Sid
2020-10-25 16:55:37 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 25 October: Charles Hankel RIP (last post
02/02) and Andy Judge.
<raises coffee mug>
Absent friends.
You've just sent me for another coffee. (Getting dark early now.)

"Last post" is very appropriate. Considering whether to play it on the
11th.

But this can only happen if we replace the urge to blame with the urge to
learn so that it is safe for staff to admit errors and raise concerns without
the fear of being punished.
- Former MI5 boss Eliza Manningham-Buller, RT 2016/5/7-13
Penny
2020-10-25 18:31:05 UTC
On Sun, 25 Oct 2020 07:55:13 +0000, Sid Nuncius <***@hotmail.co.uk>
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 25 October: Charles Hankel RIP (last post
02/02) and Andy Judge.
<raises coffee mug>
Absent friends.
My mug only contains water but I'll drink to that.
Min
2020-10-25 23:58:09 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 25 October: Charles Hankel RIP (last post
02/02) and Andy Judge.
<raises coffee mug>
Absent friends.
My mug only contains water but I'll drink to that.
Raises 'The Shy Pig' wine. Absent friends.
Min
Sjouke Burry
Is a snort of GLEN TALLOCH BLENDED allowed?
Mike McMillan
2020-10-26 12:03:45 UTC
Post by Sjouke Burry
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 25 October: Charles Hankel RIP (last post
02/02) and Andy Judge.
<raises coffee mug>
Absent friends.
My mug only contains water but I'll drink to that.
Is a snort of GLEN TALLOCH BLENDED allowed?
Depends how ‘llowed’ the snort is!
2020-10-26 17:05:04 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 25 October: Charles Hankel RIP (last post
02/02) and Andy Judge.
<raises coffee mug>
Absent friends.
Didn’t see this earlier but we did have a square of choccie.

2020-10-26 19:37:13 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 25 October: Charles Hankel RIP (last post
02/02) and Andy Judge.
<raises coffee mug>
Absent friends.
Didn’t see this earlier but we did have a square of choccie.
Sincerely Chris
However, no plums were harmed...
2020-10-26 20:59:36 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 25 October: Charles Hankel RIP (last post
02/02) and Andy Judge.
<raises coffee mug>
Absent friends.
Didn’t see this earlier but we did have a square of choccie.
Very canonical Chris, but should you have limited it to a single square?
2020-10-28 11:19:10 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 25 October: Charles Hankel RIP (last post
02/02) and Andy Judge.
<raises coffee mug>
Absent friends.
Didn’t see this earlier but we did have a square of choccie.
Very canonical Chris, but should you have limited it to a single square?
Yes, very rich, very dark. Very satisfying.

2020-10-28 20:59:25 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 25 October: Charles Hankel RIP (last post
02/02) and Andy Judge.
<raises coffee mug>
Absent friends.
Didn’t see this earlier but we did have a square of choccie.
Very canonical Chris, but should you have limited it to a single square?
Yes, very rich, very dark. Very satisfying.
That brings to mind the phrase used in advertising.

"Rich and dark, like the Aga Khan."

Versions differ, some say it was used for "Pascals barley sugar" whilst
others say it was for "Bolger's Butterscotch" or possibly some (unnamed)
brand of chocolate.
2020-10-31 10:11:30 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 25 October: Charles Hankel RIP (last post
02/02) and Andy Judge.
<raises coffee mug>
Absent friends.
Didn’t see this earlier but we did have a square of choccie.
Very canonical Chris, but should you have limited it to a single square?
Yes, very rich, very dark. Very satisfying.
That brings to mind the phrase used in advertising.
"Rich and dark, like the Aga Khan."
Versions differ, some say it was used for "Pascals barley sugar" whilst
others say it was for "Bolger's Butterscotch" or possibly some (unnamed)
brand of chocolate.
Or maybe the Aga Can? (Butterscotch, Toffee, Flapjack or Choccy Puddings
amongst other things.)
2020-10-31 13:34:02 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 25 October: Charles Hankel RIP (last post
02/02) and Andy Judge.
<raises coffee mug>
Absent friends.
Didn’t see this earlier but we did have a square of choccie.
Very canonical Chris, but should you have limited it to a single square?
Yes, very rich, very dark.  Very satisfying.
That brings to mind the phrase used in advertising.
"Rich and dark, like the Aga Khan."
Versions differ, some say it was used for "Pascals barley sugar" whilst
others say it was for "Bolger's Butterscotch" or possibly some (unnamed)
brand of chocolate.
A little research on the net shows the Daily Telegraph (paywall)
supporting the Pascal's theory and ascribing it to Richard Usborne,
biographer of PG Wodehouse.

2020-10-31 18:46:20 UTC
On Sat, 31 Oct 2020 13:34:02 +0000, John Ashby <***@yahoo.com>
wrote:
<snip>
...Daily Telegraph (paywall)
....only if Javascript is active whilst you browse the site.