Ambridge Observer - 13/1/19
2019-01-14 11:31:45 UTC
<https://ambridgeobserver.blogspot.com/2019/01/its-new-year-but-how-much-good-cheer-in.html>

I like Auntie Satya's advice for Lee, though I find it hard to believe the
village gossip mill has not enlightened him already. Maybe he's never
visited the village shop.
2019-01-14 11:38:39 UTC
<https://ambridgeobserver.blogspot.com/2019/01/its-new-year-but-how-much-good-cheer-in.html>
I like Auntie Satya's advice for Lee, though I find it hard to believe the
village gossip mill has not enlightened him already. Maybe he's never
visited the village shop.
Someone introduced themselves to him recently - wasn't that in the shop?
Or am I misremembering?
2019-01-14 16:20:30 UTC
Post by LFS
Post by Penny
<https://ambridgeobserver.blogspot.com/2019/01/its-new-year-but-how-much-good-cheer-in.html>
I like Auntie Satya's advice for Lee, though I find it hard to believe the
village gossip mill has not enlightened him already. Maybe he's never
visited the village shop.
Someone introduced themselves to him recently - wasn't that in the shop?
Or am I misremembering?
Outside the farm shop rather than the village shop.
2019-01-14 16:28:43 UTC
Post by LFS
Post by Penny
<https://ambridgeobserver.blogspot.com/2019/01/its-new-year-but-how-much-good-cheer-in.html>
I like Auntie Satya's advice for Lee, though I find it hard to believe the
village gossip mill has not enlightened him already. Maybe he's never
visited the village shop.
Someone introduced themselves to him recently - wasn't that in the
shop? Or am I misremembering?
Outside the farm shop rather than the village shop.
Ah, thank you. No gossip takes place there, I assume.
2019-01-14 16:45:13 UTC
Post by LFS
Post by krw
Post by LFS
Post by Penny
<https://ambridgeobserver.blogspot.com/2019/01/its-new-year-but-how-much-good-cheer-in.html>
I like Auntie Satya's advice for Lee, though I find it hard to believe the
village gossip mill has not enlightened him already. Maybe he's never
visited the village shop.
Someone introduced themselves to him recently - wasn't that in the
shop? Or am I misremembering?
Outside the farm shop rather than the village shop.
Ah, thank you. No gossip takes place there, I assume.
The talk was of dating websites which turned out to be cows rather than
birds or something like that.
2019-01-14 12:03:16 UTC
<https://ambridgeobserver.blogspot.com/2019/01/its-new-year-but-how-much-good-cheer-in.html>
I like Auntie Satya's advice for Lee, though I find it hard to believe the
village gossip mill has not enlightened him already. Maybe he's never
visited the village shop.
I don't find it too surprising as she doesn't, yet, have any reason to
particularly connect Lee with Helen. Once she realises they are, or may
be, an item she's bound to make some comment though, about how good it
is that he can see past her history...
One of the advantages of being disorganized is that one is always having
surprising discoveries. (A.A. Milne)
BrritSki
2019-01-14 12:11:58 UTC
<https://ambridgeobserver.blogspot.com/2019/01/its-new-year-but-how-much-good-cheer-in.html>
I like Auntie Satya's advice for Lee, though I find it hard to believe the
village gossip mill has not enlightened him already. Maybe he's never
visited the village shop.
‘Anyway, I hope they had a great time. Someone said the guest of honour
was a massive fake arse, which surprised me as I thought Russ Jones had
already gone back to Manchester with Lily.’

Point of order Kenton, Russ is a REAL arse.
Chris McMillan
2019-01-14 18:31:07 UTC
<https://ambridgeobserver.blogspot.com/2019/01/its-new-year-but-how-much-good-cheer-in.html>
I like Auntie Satya's advice for Lee, though I find it hard to believe the
village gossip mill has not enlightened him already. Maybe he's never
visited the village shop.
Might help if Aunty Satya cane to visit then: how many readers even know
who she is?

2019-01-14 19:12:03 UTC
<https://ambridgeobserver.blogspot.com/2019/01/its-new-year-but-how-much-good-cheer-in.html>
I like Auntie Satya's advice for Lee, though I find it hard to believe the
village gossip mill has not enlightened him already. Maybe he's never
visited the village shop.
Might help if Aunty Satya cane to visit then: how many readers even know
who she is?
I presume most readers = old listeners or lapsed listeners and =/= new
listeners because there aren't any of those AFAICT so I'd assume how
many readers even know who she is = all of them.

2019-01-14 19:21:19 UTC
<https://ambridgeobserver.blogspot.com/2019/01/its-new-year-but-how-much-good-cheer-in.html>
I like Auntie Satya's advice for Lee, though I find it hard to believe the
village gossip mill has not enlightened him already. Maybe he's never
visited the village shop.
Might help if Aunty Satya cane to visit then: how many readers even know
who she is?
I presume most readers = old listeners or lapsed listeners and =/= new
listeners because there aren't any of those AFAICT so I'd assume how
many readers even know who she is = all of them.
Nick
Seems like a long time since aunty Satya met Mabel, Alan’s ma in law.

Sincerely Chris
Clive Arthur
2019-01-14 19:02:29 UTC
<https://ambridgeobserver.blogspot.com/2019/01/its-new-year-but-how-much-good-cheer-in.html>
I like Auntie Satya's advice for Lee, though I find it hard to believe the
village gossip mill has not enlightened him already. Maybe he's never
visited the village shop.
I don't know much about the Karate grading syllabus, but it won't be
long before they're all practising their 'knife hand strike' which may
awaken certain urges.

Cheers
Clive
steveski
2019-01-14 19:22:57 UTC
On Mon, 14 Jan 2019 19:02:29 +0000, Clive Arthur wrote:

[Ambridge Observer]
Post by Clive Arthur
I don't know much about the Karate grading syllabus, but it won't be
long before they're all practising their 'knife hand strike' which may
awaken certain urges.
BTN.
2019-01-15 07:03:41 UTC
[Ambridge Observer]
Post by Clive Arthur
I don't know much about the Karate grading syllabus, but it won't be
long before they're all practising their 'knife hand strike' which may
awaken certain urges.
BTN.
I'm afraid I shall require additional explanation. This has whooshed me
rather.
2019-01-15 08:45:59 UTC
[Ambridge Observer]
Post by Clive Arthur
I don't know much about the Karate grading syllabus, but it won't be
long before they're all practising their 'knife hand strike' which may
awaken certain urges.
BTN.
I'm afraid I shall require additional explanation. This has whooshed me
rather.
Whoosh???! WHOOSH???!!! Call yourself The BTM Overlord??????!!! Pull
yourself together man and have a stab at the inference!
(Yoy-yoy, can’t get the staff these days - Harrumph.)
2019-01-15 08:48:47 UTC
[Ambridge Observer]
Post by Clive Arthur
I don't know much about the Karate grading syllabus, but it won't be
long before they're all practising their 'knife hand strike' which may
awaken certain urges.
BTN.
I'm afraid I shall require additional explanation.  This has whooshed me
rather.
I think it's referring to Helen having to learn a move that she is
already familiar with...

BIMBAM
Sid Nuncius
2019-01-15 09:39:11 UTC
[Ambridge Observer]
Post by Clive Arthur
I don't know much about the Karate grading syllabus, but it won't be
long before they're all practising their 'knife hand strike' which may
awaken certain urges.
BTN.
I'm afraid I shall require additional explanation.  This has whooshed
me rather.
I think it's referring to Helen having to learn a move that she is
already familiar with...
Oh, of course. Silly me.

I think this path has now been rather well-trodden. It's certainly
sharp[1] and witty, but no BTN, I'm afraid.

[1]See what I did there?
2019-01-15 08:41:56 UTC
[Ambridge Observer]
Post by Clive Arthur
I don't know much about the Karate grading syllabus, but it won't be
long before they're all practising their 'knife hand strike' which may
awaken certain urges.
BTN.
May never happen - due to ‘cutbacks’.
2019-01-16 02:07:41 UTC
[Ambridge Observer]
Post by Clive Arthur
I don't know much about the Karate grading syllabus, but it won't be
long before they're all practising their 'knife hand strike' which may
awaken certain urges.
BTN.
May never happen - due to ‘cutbacks’.
Scripts written by hacks?
2019-01-14 21:11:32 UTC
<https://ambridgeobserver.blogspot.com/2019/01/its-new-year-but-how-much-good-cheer-in.html>
I like Auntie Satya's advice for Lee, though I find it hard to believe the
village gossip mill has not enlightened him already. Maybe he's never
visited the village shop.
If Lee follows Auntie Satya's advice he's unlikely to find anything more
worrying than the information that her cheese has won awards. To find
out about the trial, he'd need to know to look for Helen Titchener.
Dreaming, I dreamt that life was all joy. Waking, I found that life
demands service. Serving, I found that joy is in service.
(Rabindranath Tagore)
Chris McMillan
2019-01-15 12:27:01 UTC
<https://ambridgeobserver.blogspot.com/2019/01/its-new-year-but-how-much-good-cheer-in.html>
I like Auntie Satya's advice for Lee, though I find it hard to believe the
village gossip mill has not enlightened him already. Maybe he's never
visited the village shop.
If Lee follows Auntie Satya's advice he's unlikely to find anything more
worrying than the information that her cheese has won awards. To find
out about the trial, he'd need to know to look for Helen Titchener.
While trying to find Mabel’s name cos I couldn’t remember I stumbled across
another no longer heard Leigh. The pro golf club chap employed at Gay
Grables.

2019-01-15 13:37:00 UTC
While trying to find Mabel’s name cos I couldn’t remember I stumbled across
another no longer heard Leigh. The pro golf club chap employed at Gay
Grables.
Probably because when Jack sold the hotel the golf club and employees
were sold separately to another company (BL?) and not to Oliver and
Caroline.
2019-01-15 13:58:25 UTC
While trying to find Mabel’s name cos I couldn’t remember I stumbled across
another no longer heard Leigh. The pro golf club chap employed at Gay
Grables.
Probably because when Jack sold the hotel the golf club and employees
were sold separately to another company (BL?) and not to Oliver and
Caroline.
Some personnel record cards were pulled out of the box, redundancy
procedures were instigated, golden handshakes were dolled out, thank you
speeches were made and then those cards were cast into the ‘total obscurity
bin’ never to be heard of again. Honestly, the profligacy of the BBC,
typical of Aunty, spending licence-payers money like there is no tomorrow -
really! I can remember when ... (cont. on p94)
2019-01-16 09:42:56 UTC
While trying to find Mabel’s name cos I couldn’t remember I stumbled across
another no longer heard Leigh. The pro golf club chap employed at Gay
Grables.
Probably because when Jack sold the hotel the golf club and employees
were sold separately to another company (BL?) and not to Oliver and
Caroline.
LOL. Maybe it was the start of a storyline that got dropped. It was out of
character at the time, you may be right KRW!