BT Awards 2021 Part 6
2021-01-01 13:10:38 UTC
Biden Foundation for the Sleepy Woke award. Ginge and Cringe have been
brought in as special monitors despite the first nomination earlier:

9.1.20 Sid, nominated by Mike, Brritski, Sally…
Sid: If I were Meghan Markle, I wouldn't be driving through any Paris
underpasses for a while.

4.6.20 Nick Odell nominated by Steveski
On Georgette Heyer
Vicky: A Blunt Instrument is just wrong. Having the police constable do
it is out of order.
Nick O: Yes, but how did he do it? Was the blunt instrument a knee in
the windpipe?
(Plus, on acceptance: Thank you Skeveski and Sid: the burning and
looting of all those American cities was not in vain.)

27.6.20 Brritski nominated by Sid
Brritski: You miss one opportunity and you get it in the neck...

</BLM>

Take the knee for the winner <FX: 1 minute silence with heads bowed>
A tie between Sid and Nick, well done both of you on your second awards
of the night.

Finally, the second annual Linda Tame Virtual Trophy for Mere Vulgarity.
This is entirely at the BTM's discretion, of course, so this year it has
been awarded to the whole of umra for the general level of vulgarity and
downright filth this year. This echoes the way in which the Nobel Peace
Prize is sometimes awarded to organisations and the George Cross was
awarded to Malta as a whole. (Not that those two awards come anywhere
close to the prestige of the Linda Tame Trophy, of course.) Well done
all umrats for your efforts that fully deserve this award.

And that ends the ceremony. Congratulations to all the winners. And also
thanks to all the individual producers of BT whether accidental or
cunningly crafted (who me ?), and to all those keen-eyed (or
dirty-minded) umrats who recognise these efforts and make the BT
nominations. This fine tradition of UMRA wouldn’t be possible without
you and so I’d like to note that the 3 most prolific Bad Taste posters
this year were Mike McT, Sid, Nick O and myself and the common
(de)nominators were Vicky and Sally tied in first place, closely
followed by Mr. McToodles and JPG. A fine effort, please take a bow. No,
not the one with the arrows please Mike.

Thanks again and a Happy and healthy 2021 to everyone.

STOP PRESS: BoZo has just announced that this location is now Tier 5
with immediate effect. This means that we are all in lockdown in this
exact location for the foreseeable future. SAGE advise that you should
close your eyes with your fingers in your ears, bend down, put your head
through your legs and kiss your arse goodbye. While wearing your mask
and keeping a 2m between you and your arse at all times obvs.
Sid Nuncius
2021-01-01 18:25:13 UTC
[...]
An excellent Ceremony, MOPMOB, and organised in such difficult times,
too. A vote of thanks to Britters, I say!
--
Sid
2021-01-01 19:33:26 UTC
[...]
Yes indeed.
Arranging such a fine ceremony was obviously a labour of love.
2021-01-01 22:33:13 UTC
[...]
Hear, hear! A wonderful afternoon's entertainment. I enjoyed it so
much that I think I might be prepared to forgive you for switching the
venue at such short notice. Not yet sure whether I'm willing to
forgive the obvious voting fraud that stole the election from BrritSki
on too many occasions.

2021-01-02 01:53:35 UTC
On Fri, 1 Jan 2021 at 22:33:13, Nick Odell
[excellent stuff]
An excellent Ceremony, MOPMOB, and organised in such difficult times,
too. A vote of thanks to Britters, I say!
Hear, hear! A wonderful afternoon's entertainment. I enjoyed it so
[]
And from me. I'm really sad there's no-one I could share them with; two
or three people who'd enjoy them don't know enough about TA and/or UMRA
that I'd have to do too much explaining.

Real tour de force; thanks again.

Sarcasm: Barbed ire
BrritSki
2021-01-02 09:49:27 UTC
On Fri, 1 Jan 2021 at 22:33:13, Nick Odell
[excellent stuff]
An excellent Ceremony, MOPMOB, and organised in such difficult times,
too.  A vote of thanks to Britters, I say!
Hear, hear! A wonderful afternoon's entertainment. I enjoyed it so
[]
And from me. I'm really sad there's no-one I could share them with; two
or three people who'd enjoy them don't know enough about TA and/or UMRA
that I'd have to do too much explaining.
Real tour de force; thanks again.
Thanks for the thanks both here and in the BTN thread that I'd missed
when I was feeling a little sorry for myself at the lack of response
yesterday.

Yes, I did enjoy writing the awards ceremony, but the slog of collecting
the data through the year not so much, so if anyone wants to take over
they are very welcome and then I can work towards re-establishing myself
as the king of both BT and MV.

Thankfully the red carpet was already damp so can be cleaned ready for
next year with the profits I made from my lost laptop insurance claim.
Nick Odell
2021-01-02 18:03:55 UTC
On Sat, 2 Jan 2021 09:49:27 +0000, BrritSki
<***@gmail.com> wrote:

<snip>
Post by BrritSki
Yes, I did enjoy writing the awards ceremony, but the slog of collecting
the data through the year not so much, so if anyone wants to take over
they are very welcome and then I can work towards re-establishing myself
as the king of both BT and MV.
<snip>

A view I would heartily endorse (and have previously hinted at with
all the subtlety of a sledgehammer to a ferret).

I think you - Britters - and previously Sid have each done brilliant
jobs keeping tally of the BTNs and judging them. Then bringing the
year to a climax with a spectacle of bad taste in the award
ceremonies. Thank you each. Thank you both.

But I've missed the full-throttle roar of thundering bad taste from
each of you. It's not the same when you are holding back: the rest of
us need to see you playing your strongest games in order to raise
ours.

I hope nobody's slipped my mind when I say this but I think our golden
years have been when Linda and Jenny were in charge of the
proceedings. Jointly and severally they appeared to revel in the
umratic bad taste of others. Jenny took a well-earned retirement after
some magnificent seasons of activity and there are technical reasons
why Linda can't resume her role but, IMO they've set the benchmark for
what makes a truly great BTM.

More work for you, Britters, but I am wondering if your database of
BTNs could throw out a long list of umrats who have been quick to
nominate the bad taste of others? Of course if you've been using
Microsoft Excel about 16,000 of the candidates will probably be
missing but maybe we could canvass some of those who remain?

And thank you again MOPMOB

2021-01-02 19:00:28 UTC
I hope nobody's slipped my mind when I say this but I think our golden
years have been when Linda and Jenny were in charge of the
proceedings. Jointly and severally they appeared to revel in the
umratic bad taste of others. Jenny took a well-earned retirement after
some magnificent seasons of activity and there are technical reasons
why Linda can't resume her role but, IMO they've set the benchmark for
what makes a truly great BTM.
Absolutely agreed. And spoken, if I may say so, like an Umrat who would
do an excellent job as BTM himself.
--
Sid
2021-01-02 19:38:46 UTC
I hope nobody's slipped my mind when I say this but I think our golden
years have been when Linda and Jenny were in charge of the
proceedings. Jointly and severally they appeared to revel in the
umratic bad taste of others. Jenny took a well-earned retirement after
some magnificent seasons of activity and there are technical reasons
why Linda can't resume her role but, IMO they've set the benchmark for
what makes a truly great BTM.
Absolutely agreed. And spoken, if I may say so, like an Umrat who would
do an excellent job as BTM himself.
Nononononono! I pore over the news searching for ghastly disasters
and wretched misfortune for the sole purpose of presenting gruesome
tactlessness in my personal quest for BTNs. I can see what a toll
holding back in the name of honesty and fair play in the matter of
BTNs have inflicted on both you and BrritSki and I suspect your
suggestion is just an attempt to nobble me ahead of your campaign for
BTA Champion 2021. Erme - 2022. Whatever.

2021-01-02 19:55:59 UTC
[...]
Nick
If nominated he will not run, if elected he will not serve.

2021-01-03 15:35:31 UTC
[...]
john
Once in post impossible to remove - like the Donald.
2021-01-03 09:42:07 UTC
On 02/01/2021 18:03, Nick Odell wrote:
<snip more kind words>
Post by Nick Odell
I hope nobody's slipped my mind when I say this but I think our golden
years have been when Linda and Jenny were in charge of the
proceedings. Jointly and severally they appeared to revel in the
umratic bad taste of others. Jenny took a well-earned retirement after
some magnificent seasons of activity and there are technical reasons
why Linda can't resume her role but, IMO they've set the benchmark for
what makes a truly great BTM.
And don't forget the rule of the Purple Potter ! (Ouch)
Post by Nick Odell
More work for you, Britters, but I am wondering if your database of
BTNs could throw out a long list of umrats who have been quick to
nominate the bad taste of others?
The only records I have Nick are from this year and I summarised them at
the end of the Awards Ceremony. In third place for proposing BTNs was
Mike McT, but if he takes over we lose his valuable contribution too.
1st and 2nd were Vicky and Sally who don't normally contribute a lot of
either BT or MV in their own right (write?) and have the added advantage
of being of the female persuasion like BTMS, Jenny and PP. They also
keep up with umra in the main which is a critical attribute.

Would either of you like to volunteer ?
Nick Odell
2021-01-03 15:07:42 UTC
On Sun, 3 Jan 2021 09:42:07 +0000, BrritSki
Post by BrritSki
<snip more kind words>
Post by Nick Odell
I hope nobody's slipped my mind when I say this but I think our golden
years have been when Linda and Jenny were in charge of the
proceedings. Jointly and severally they appeared to revel in the
umratic bad taste of others. Jenny took a well-earned retirement after
some magnificent seasons of activity and there are technical reasons
why Linda can't resume her role but, IMO they've set the benchmark for
what makes a truly great BTM.
And don't forget the rule of the Purple Potter ! (Ouch)
Doh!
<slaps forehead in disbelief>
<apologises to innocent bystander then slaps own forehead>
How could I have forgotten?

2021-01-03 20:04:35 UTC
<snip more kind words>
Post by Nick Odell
More work for you, Britters, but I am wondering if your database of
BTNs could throw out a long list of umrats who have been quick to
nominate the bad taste of others?
The only records I have Nick are from this year and I summarised them at
the end of the Awards Ceremony. In third place for proposing BTNs was
Mike McT, but if he takes over we lose his valuable contribution too.
1st and 2nd were Vicky and Sally who don't normally contribute a lot of
either BT or MV in their own right (write?) and have the added advantage
of being of the female persuasion like BTMS, Jenny and PP. They also
keep up with umra in the main which is a critical attribute.
Would either of you like to volunteer ?
I'm flattered that you think I'm an arbiter of bad taste, but there's too
much going on my life at the moment to volunteer. Sorry!

(Steps two paces back, fast)