Talking Books
2021-08-05 15:49:48 UTC
For anyone with partial sight or those who are blind: The RNIB have
recently started a new service whereby their talking book range is
available to users of the Amazon Smart Speaker system. Registration is
necessary and the smart speaker will automatically download the required
‘skill’ to enable the listener to hear the readings.
For more information: https://readingservices.rnib.org.uk/

THBAPSA.
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan
Chris
2021-08-06 09:18:30 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
For anyone with partial sight or those who are blind: The RNIB have
recently started a new service whereby their talking book range is
available to users of the Amazon Smart Speaker system. Registration is
necessary and the smart speaker will automatically download the required
‘skill’ to enable the listener to hear the readings.
For more information: https://readingservices.rnib.org.uk/
THBAPSA.
And I have set up my own account (cos I can) to access the books that
aren’t on Kindle that I’ve been after for years.

But for all that it’s still a fraction of the titles I have located at
under a tenner (preferably under a fiver) that suit my non fiction tastes.