BTM Announcement
2019-01-09 10:48:49 UTC
My fellow umrats: my first Executive Order as your BTM is to institute
the Linda Tame Virtual Trophy for Mere Vulgarity (known as "The Bottoms").

The Bottoms will be awarded annually at the BTA ceremony. It is awarded
entirely at the whim...I mean the discretion of the BTM. Nominations
are not required, nor will they be considered. BTNs rejected because
they are MV will automatically be considered. Other contenders will be
discreetly selected by my appointed company, Ambridge Analytica, who are
of the highest integrity. Their sophisticated algorithms will covertly
select the finest MV throughout the year and draw up a private list for
the BTM's consideration. A final (and I mean *final*) judgement will be
made by the BTM and announced at the Annual BTA Ceremony.

That is all.
<haughty look>

<fluster>
Oh no, sorry - one other thing. Don't forget to repost Fenny's BTN.
Thanks.

<sotto voce>
Nugger. I didn't look undignified at the end, did I?
2019-01-09 11:08:00 UTC
[...]
Jenny, PP and other former holders of your exalted post are a very hard
act to follow, but you've made an excellent start, both in tone and
content. The recognition of BTMS excellent contributions as erm, BTMS is
extremely well deserved.
Nick Odell

Nick
Jane Vernon
2019-01-09 12:43:13 UTC
My fellow umrats: my first Executive Order as your BTM is to institute
the Linda Tame Virtual Trophy for Mere Vulgarity (known as "The Bottoms").
The Bottoms will be awarded annually at the BTA ceremony.  It is awarded
entirely at the whim...I mean the discretion of the BTM.  Nominations
are not required, nor will they be considered.  BTNs rejected because
they are MV will automatically be considered.  Other contenders will be
discreetly selected by my appointed company, Ambridge Analytica, who are
of the highest integrity.  Their sophisticated algorithms will covertly
select the finest MV throughout the year and draw up a private list for
the BTM's consideration.  A final (and I mean *final*) judgement will be
made by the BTM and announced at the Annual BTA Ceremony.
Hurray again!
What an excellent initiative, BTM!
--
Jane
BTME

2019-01-09 13:47:05 UTC
Post by Jane Vernon
Post by Sid Nuncius
My fellow umrats: my first Executive Order as your BTM is to
institute the Linda Tame Virtual Trophy for Mere Vulgarity (known as
"The Bottoms").
The Bottoms will be awarded annually at the BTA ceremony.  It is
awarded entirely at the whim...I mean the discretion of the BTM.
Nominations are not required, nor will they be considered.  BTNs
rejected because they are MV will automatically be considered.  Other
contenders will be discreetly selected by my appointed company,
Ambridge Analytica, who are of the highest integrity.  Their
sophisticated algorithms will covertly select the finest MV
throughout the year and draw up a private list for the BTM's
consideration.  A final (and I mean *final*) judgement will be made
by the BTM and announced at the Annual BTA Ceremony.
Hurray again!
What an excellent initiative, BTM!
Although sad that MVNs won't be considered; well-crafted MV can be
pleasing in its own right. Though I suppose we can make them anyway,
according to the above, by just calling them BTNs.

The web is a blank slate; you can't design technology that is 'good'. You can't
design paper that you can only write good things on. There are no good or evil
tools. You can put an engine in an ambulance or a tank. - Sir Tim Berners-Lee,
Radio Times 2009-Jan-30 to -Feb-5.
Vicky Ayech
2019-01-09 13:48:04 UTC
On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 12:43:13 +0000, Jane Vernon
Post by Jane Vernon
Post by Sid Nuncius
My fellow umrats: my first Executive Order as your BTM is to institute
the Linda Tame Virtual Trophy for Mere Vulgarity (known as "The Bottoms").
The Bottoms will be awarded annually at the BTA ceremony.  It is awarded
entirely at the whim...I mean the discretion of the BTM.  Nominations
are not required, nor will they be considered.  BTNs rejected because
they are MV will automatically be considered.  Other contenders will be
discreetly selected by my appointed company, Ambridge Analytica, who are
of the highest integrity.  Their sophisticated algorithms will covertly
select the finest MV throughout the year and draw up a private list for
the BTM's consideration.  A final (and I mean *final*) judgement will be
made by the BTM and announced at the Annual BTA Ceremony.
Hurray again!
What an excellent initiative, BTM!
Yes, I like the sound of that one. I find it easier to be vulgar than
in bad taste...er...is that good, bad or just inferior?
Kate B
2019-01-09 14:34:55 UTC
[...]
I go out for a day and *this* happens.

Ave atque Salve, Augusta, you were Ace.

And hallo there Sid, dignity and wits intact, nobody noticed. I look
forward enormously to the upcoming Ceremonies. Bottoms up!
2019-01-09 16:13:00 UTC
[...]
Perhaps to be known as The Cracked Bot?