Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers - 26th to 29th October 2020
2020-10-24 14:58:49 UTC

Cast :
Ruth Archer - Felicity Finch
Ben Archer - Ben Norris
Josh Archer - Angus Imrie
Pip Archer - Daisy Badger
Jennifer Aldridge - Angela Piper
Alice Carter - Hollie Chapman
Susan Carter - Charlotte Martin
Ruairi Donovan - Arthur Hughes
Rex Fairbrother - Nick Barber
Toby Fairbrother - Rhys Bevan
Elizabeth Pargetter - Alison Dowling
Lily Pargetter - Katie Redford
Bernard Lyons - Christopher Scott

Director : Peter Leslie Wild
Editor : Jeremy Howe
Writer : Nick Warburton
Writer : Helen Aitken

Spoilers:
Monday 26th - Pip finds herself in an awkward spot and Ben unleashes his
master plan.
Tuesday 27th - Alice offers a helping hand and Lily has concerns.
Wednesday 28th - Ben puts his foot in it and Jennifer offers some pearls
of wisdom.
Thursday 29th - Tempers fray at Rickyard and Ruth faces the consequences
of Ben’s actions.

-----------------------

We haven't seen Helen Aitken listed as a writer before.
2020-10-25 15:06:07 UTC
We haven't seen Helen Aitken listed as a writer before.
I was about to ask and then read to the end of the post!

The first Google that comes up is this one although I am unsure if it is
the right person:

https://helenjaitken.co.uk/about-helen/
2020-10-28 14:54:37 UTC
We haven't seen Helen Aitken listed as a writer before.
I was about to ask and then read to the end of the post!
The first Google that comes up is this one although I am unsure if it is
https://helenjaitken.co.uk/about-helen/
I don't think it can be; there's an interview with the actual one now,
on the BBC site, and she's about the same age as Pip:

<https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/3N3QMp44kbbHwzkzCsgsRtC/from-life-long-fan-to-writer-helen-aitken-joins-the-writing-team-of-the-archers>
And, while it was regarded as pretty good evidence of criminality to be
living in a slum, for some reason owning a whole street of them merely
got you invited to the very best social occasions. (Terry Pratchett)
krw
2020-10-28 16:34:18 UTC
We haven't seen Helen Aitken listed as a writer before.
I was about to ask and then read to the end of the post!
The first Google that comes up is this one although I am unsure if it
https://helenjaitken.co.uk/about-helen/
I don't think it can be; there's an interview with the actual one now,
<https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/3N3QMp44kbbHwzkzCsgsRtC/from-life-long-fan-to-writer-helen-aitken-joins-the-writing-team-of-the-archers>
Agreed, apologies for misleading umrats. It sounds like she has been
involved with programme making for a while so hopefully might find the
card index.
2020-10-29 10:44:52 UTC
On Wed, 28 Oct 2020 16:34:18 +0000, krw <***@whitnet.uk> scrawled in the
dust...
We haven't seen Helen Aitken listed as a writer before.
I don't think it can be; there's an interview with the actual one now,
<https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/3N3QMp44kbbHwzkzCsgsRtC/from-life-long-fan-to-writer-helen-aitken-joins-the-writing-team-of-the-archers>
Agreed, apologies for misleading umrats. It sounds like she has been
involved with programme making for a while so hopefully might find the
card index.
Ooo, I like the sound of her, a proper Archers listener background. I don't
agree with her take on the Grundys, I do think the story planning could
involve some good luck coming their way. Not a lottery win - I pretty sure
Emma, at least, would not buy lottery tickets - but some other, unlooked
for, gain.
2020-10-29 12:11:25 UTC
dust...
We haven't seen Helen Aitken listed as a writer before.
I don't think it can be; there's an interview with the actual one now,
<https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/3N3QMp44kbbHwzkzCsgsRtC/from-life-long-fan-to-writer-helen-aitken-joins-the-writing-team-of-the-archers>
Agreed, apologies for misleading umrats. It sounds like she has been
involved with programme making for a while so hopefully might find the
card index.
Ooo, I like the sound of her, a proper Archers listener background. I don't
agree with her take on the Grundys, I do think the story planning could
involve some good luck coming their way. Not a lottery win - I pretty sure
Emma, at least, would not buy lottery tickets - but some other, unlooked
for, gain.
I suppose Eddie might buy a ticket. But I've hoped for years that Ed
and Jazzer and Fallon would get the band back together and have a hit.
Chris McMillan
2020-10-26 17:05:02 UTC
Someone wrote:

Ohhh, a new cast member