No TA content, but Umratic: Mis-Descriptions
2020-07-03 13:37:17 UTC
Whilst removing food from freezer, I thought ‘Wild pink salmon fillets’
well yes, they would be, wouldn’t they!?

It was proposed to market a product as ‘Frozen cod pieces’ but fortunately,
that one was caught and squashed before being marketed.

I’m sure there are loads more in this vein, Umrats?
2020-07-03 18:20:51 UTC
Whilst removing food from freezer, I thought ‘Wild pink salmon fillets’
well yes, they would be, wouldn’t they!?
It was proposed to market a product as ‘Frozen cod pieces’ but fortunately,
that one was caught and squashed before being marketed.
I’m sure there are loads more in this vein, Umrats?
I am always glad when I read that things have been packed in a
protective atmosphere. We jolly well should be kind and reassuring to
things when they are being packed.
2020-07-04 07:57:47 UTC
Whilst removing food from freezer, I thought ‘Wild pink salmon fillets’
well yes, they would be, wouldn’t they!?
It was proposed to market a product as ‘Frozen cod pieces’ but fortunately,
that one was caught and squashed before being marketed.
I’m sure there are loads more in this vein, Umrats?
I am always glad when I read that things have been packed in a
protective atmosphere. We jolly well should be kind and reassuring to
things when they are being packed.
Should I be concerned when I see a sign that declares ‘This Door is
Alarmed’? (There, there door, calm down now).

Another door might display the words ‘This door to remain closed at all
times.’ (I’ll just punch a hole through the wall then.)

Yet another may declare ‘No admittance’ (Discrimination?)

Then there are rather sparse looking pages in some documents that declare
‘This page to be left blank’ (or even ‘This page deliberately left blank.)
2020-07-04 08:47:49 UTC
On Sat, 04 Jul 2020 07:57:47 GMT, Mike <***@ntlworld.com> scrawled
in the dust...
Post by Mike
Should I be concerned when I see a sign that declares ‘This Door is
Alarmed’? (There, there door, calm down now).
Another door might display the words ‘This door to remain closed at all
times.’ (I’ll just punch a hole through the wall then.)
Yet another may declare ‘No admittance’ (Discrimination?)
Surely that means it refuses to take the blame for anything?
2020-07-04 08:51:20 UTC
in the dust...
Post by Mike
Should I be concerned when I see a sign that declares ‘This Door is
Alarmed’? (There, there door, calm down now).
Another door might display the words ‘This door to remain closed at all
times.’ (I’ll just punch a hole through the wall then.)
Yet another may declare ‘No admittance’ (Discrimination?)
Surely that means it refuses to take the blame for anything?
You may say that, but ...
2020-07-04 18:09:10 UTC
in the dust...
Post by Mike
Should I be concerned when I see a sign that declares ‘This Door is
Alarmed’? (There, there door, calm down now).
Another door might display the words ‘This door to remain closed at all
times.’ (I’ll just punch a hole through the wall then.)
Yet another may declare ‘No admittance’ (Discrimination?)
Surely that means it refuses to take the blame for anything?
The secret password to enter is "I deny everything!"
2020-07-04 08:50:31 UTC
[...]
There are signs declaring ‘Dogs must be carried on the escalators’ (can
puppies be hired to carry one under each arm perhaps?)
2020-07-04 19:16:31 UTC
Whilst removing food from freezer, I thought ‘Wild pink salmon fillets’
well yes, they would be, wouldn’t they!?
Would be wild (like Gerald), or would be pink?
It was proposed to market a product as ‘Frozen cod pieces’ but fortunately,
that one was caught and squashed before being marketed.
chuckle.
I’m sure there are loads more in this vein, Umrats?
I am always glad when I read that things have been packed in a
protective atmosphere. We jolly well should be kind and reassuring to
things when they are being packed.
Should I be concerned when I see a sign that declares ‘This Door is
Alarmed’? (There, there door, calm down now).
I see it more as "this barrier is ...", and, like you, I want to ask
someone what startled it.
Another door might display the words ‘This door to remain closed at all
times.’ (I’ll just punch a hole through the wall then.)
Never thought of that one! Does rather deny its reason for being.
Yet another may declare ‘No admittance’ (Discrimination?)
Then there are rather sparse looking pages in some documents that declare
‘This page to be left blank’ (or even ‘This page deliberately left blank.)
I sometimes used to endeavour to generate one "this page unintentionally
left blank". Or with "PTO" on both sides.
Post by Mike
There are signs declaring ‘Dogs must be carried on the escalators’ (can
puppies be hired to carry one under each arm perhaps?)
Lovely!

On a related but (only very slightly) more serious note, minimum speed
limit signs make me wonder when I see them. (White numbers on a blue
background. They're not common. The only ones I know of are in the
Dartford tunnel.) I often think that, if I see the traffic in front of
me is crawling at less than the speed specified, I should come to a stop
before passing the sign; I've never done so, as it would cause a riot.

"To YOU I'm an atheist; to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition." - Woody Allen