So farewell then...
198kHz
2020-05-09 18:13:59 UTC
Little Richard at 87, the original rock'n'roller, who taught Paul
McCartney how to scream in tune.
RIP (It Up)
198kHz
Min
2020-05-10 01:00:03 UTC
Post by 198kHz
Little Richard at 87, the original rock'n'roller, who taught Paul
McCartney how to scream in tune.
RIP (It Up)
Indeed (although my first feeling was 'I thought he'd died *ages*
ago....)
Min
Sid Nuncius
2020-05-10 05:59:59 UTC
Post by Min
Post by 198kHz
Little Richard at 87, the original rock'n'roller, who taught Paul
McCartney how to scream in tune.
RIP (It Up)
Indeed (although my first feeling was 'I thought he'd died *ages*
ago....)
An extraordinary man and a great rock and roller.

Nic Cohn titled his excellent 1969 history of pop Awopbopaloobop
Alopbamboom, and I have always liked this comment on Little Richard (and
pop in general):
"The message went
'Tutti frutti, all rootie,
Tutti frutti, all rootie,
Tutti frutti, all rootie,
Awopbopaloobop alopbamboom.'

As a summing up of what pop is really all about, this is little short of
masterly."

Go well, Mr. Penniman, and thanks.
2020-05-11 01:22:13 UTC
On Sun, 10 May 2020 at 06:59:59, Sid Nuncius
<***@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
Nic Cohn titled his excellent 1969 history of pop Awopbopaloobop
Alopbamboom, and I have always liked this comment on Little Richard
"The message went
'Tutti frutti, all rootie,
Tutti frutti, all rootie,
Tutti frutti, all rootie,
Awopbopaloobop alopbamboom.'
As a summing up of what pop is really all about, this is little short
of masterly."
Go well, Mr. Penniman, and thanks.
Wasn't there controversy over whether it was awopbopaloobop or
awopbopaloomop? (I favour the latter.)

science is not intended to be foolproof. Science is about crawling toward the
truth over time. - Scott Adams, 2015-2-2
Sid Nuncius
2020-05-11 05:58:02 UTC
On Sun, 10 May 2020 at 06:59:59, Sid Nuncius
Nic Cohn titled his excellent 1969 history of pop Awopbopaloobop
Alopbamboom, and I have always liked this comment on Little Richard
"The message went
'Tutti frutti, all rootie,
Tutti frutti, all rootie,
Tutti frutti, all rootie,
Awopbopaloobop alopbamboom.'
As a summing up of what pop is really all about, this is little short
of masterly."
Go well, Mr. Penniman, and thanks.
Wasn't there controversy over whether it was awopbopaloobop or
awopbopaloomop? (I favour the latter.)
Good lord! I had never come across this thesis, but sophisticated
auditory analysis of a couple of recordings[1] suggests that you may be
right.

The foundations of my world are irrevocably fractured.

[1] I listened to them carefully.
2020-05-12 01:21:29 UTC
On Sun, 10 May 2020 at 06:59:59, Sid Nuncius
Nic Cohn titled his excellent 1969 history of pop Awopbopaloobop
Alopbamboom, and I have always liked this comment on Little Richard
"The message went 'Tutti frutti, all rootie,
Tutti frutti, all rootie,
Tutti frutti, all rootie,
Awopbopaloobop alopbamboom.'
As a summing up of what pop is really all about, this is little short
of masterly."
Go well, Mr. Penniman, and thanks.
Wasn't there controversy over whether it was awopbopaloobop or
awopbopaloomop? (I favour the latter.)
Good lord! I had never come across this thesis, but sophisticated
auditory analysis of a couple of recordings[1] suggests that you may be
right.
The foundations of my world are irrevocably fractured.
<mode=Bab5>

Purple!

</mode=Bab5>
2020-05-13 09:34:42 UTC
On Sun, 10 May 2020 at 06:59:59, Sid Nuncius
Nic Cohn titled his excellent 1969 history of pop Awopbopaloobop
Alopbamboom, and I have always liked this comment on Little Richard
"The message went
'Tutti frutti, all rootie,
Tutti frutti, all rootie,
Tutti frutti, all rootie,
Awopbopaloobop alopbamboom.'
As a summing up of what pop is really all about, this is little short
of masterly."
Go well, Mr. Penniman, and thanks.
Wasn't there controversy over whether it was awopbopaloobop or
awopbopaloomop? (I favour the latter.)
Good lord!  I had never come across this thesis, but sophisticated
auditory analysis of a couple of recordings[1] suggests that you may be
right.
The foundations of my world are irrevocably fractured.
You might be interested in this take on it MOPMOBs

How Little Richard changed the world

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/02130f3a-9467-11ea-97b5-8f15973668de?shareToken=b9a222c787da83cdfc7bf064ca74467a
Rosalind Mitchell
2020-05-10 17:32:05 UTC
Post by Min
Post by 198kHz
Little Richard at 87, the original rock'n'roller, who taught Paul
McCartney how to scream in tune.
RIP (It Up)
Indeed (although my first feeling was 'I thought he'd died *ages*
ago....)
Barely had I noted five years ago that those great pioneers BB King,
Chuck Berry and Little Richard were all still alive and performing, than
they started dropping off one by one. I blame the rock'n'roll lifestyle
myself: none of them got past 90.

I note in passing that Stevie Wonder, who seems to have been around
since forever, or at least since the earliest days of my pop awareness,
will be 70 this coming Wednesday. Yes, he's only a fraction more than
four years older than me. This afternoon I played his Songs in the Key
of Life album twice in succession. It's well worth it; a magnificent
achievement.