Gamache books
2019-11-02 16:16:48 UTC
I think it was an umrat (Laura??) who recommended Louise Penny's books
about Chief Inspector Armand Gamache. I've just finished Still Life,
the first of the books (and ordered the next, from the library) and very
much enjoyed it. Thanks a lot for the suggestion!
Dreaming, I dreamt that life was all joy. Waking, I found that life
demands service. Serving, I found that joy is in service.
(Rabindranath Tagore)
Vicky Ayech
2019-11-02 18:02:12 UTC
On Sat, 2 Nov 2019 16:16:48 +0000, Serena Blanchflower
Post by Serena Blanchflower
I think it was an umrat (Laura??) who recommended Louise Penny's books
about Chief Inspector Armand Gamache. I've just finished Still Life,
the first of the books (and ordered the next, from the library) and very
much enjoyed it. Thanks a lot for the suggestion!
I love them too and recently finished Glass Houses. I had to re-read
some earlier ones first. I have the next, Kingdom of the Blind, on my
to read pile. I got some books for my birthday and am working through
them :). The village and it's inhabitants are people I enjoy spending
time with.
Sid Nuncius
2019-11-03 09:25:48 UTC
I think it was an umrat (Laura??) who recommended Louise Penny's books
about Chief Inspector Armand Gamache.  I've just finished Still Life,
the first of the books (and ordered the next, from the library) and very
much enjoyed it.  Thanks a lot for the suggestion!
<languid wave>
I read that on unratic recommendation, too. Must read the next one soon.
Jane Vernon
2019-11-04 10:22:16 UTC
I think it was an umrat (Laura??) who recommended Louise Penny's books
about Chief Inspector Armand Gamache.  I've just finished Still Life,
the first of the books (and ordered the next, from the library) and very
much enjoyed it.  Thanks a lot for the suggestion!
Thank you very much. Just ordered the first one.
--
Jane
BTME