TA Time
SODAM
2018-03-05 14:29:19 UTC
Shall I keep R4 on or not? Not sure but though I miss episodes at times,
the not wanting to hear it is increasing. I missed a lot of the Rob n
Helen stuff but it is all beginning to feel like a daily doom session. I
feel really sad that it is like this for me. My first listening was aged
about six when parents tuned in on newly purchased SW radio*. I recall
the bubbly noise and barely audible narrative. I got the idea this was all
real. Well I was only six!
We were living in Jamaica. So no telly no radio. Folk dressed in evening
dresses to go to the cinema then. Felt so special to me..
Oh TA is chuntering on. Can’t be bothered to turn it off.
I tuned in late, for about a minute, and heard more hand-wringing and
moaning so switched it off again. I don’t need this from TA - I can get it
from my friends and relatives.
--
SODAM
The thinking umrat’s choice for editor
Btms
2018-03-05 14:33:55 UTC
Post by SODAM
Shall I keep R4 on or not? Not sure but though I miss episodes at times,
the not wanting to hear it is increasing. I missed a lot of the Rob n
Helen stuff but it is all beginning to feel like a daily doom session. I
feel really sad that it is like this for me. My first listening was aged
about six when parents tuned in on newly purchased SW radio*. I recall
the bubbly noise and barely audible narrative. I got the idea this was all
real. Well I was only six!
We were living in Jamaica. So no telly no radio. Folk dressed in evening
dresses to go to the cinema then. Felt so special to me..
Oh TA is chuntering on. Can’t be bothered to turn it off.
I tuned in late, for about a minute, and heard more hand-wringing and
moaning so switched it off again. I don’t need this from TA - I can get it
from my friends and relatives.
Yes. I switched off mentally and wrote an email to a dear friend. She was
a TA listener but her interest is declining. She has enough to do just
keeping warm. She is lives in one of the most afflicted areas of our
sceptred isle