The cancellation of the keffir
2018-12-03 14:11:31 UTC
Tom decided unilaterally to discontinue keffir; I'm surprised Helen is
talking to him, let alone cutting cabbages with her.
Nick Odell
2018-12-03 14:27:28 UTC
Post by DavidK
Tom decided unilaterally to discontinue keffir; I'm surprised Helen is
talking to him, let alone cutting cabbages with her.
I don't even care for the idea of keffir: it sounds too much like an
Afrikaans insult for my liking.

2018-12-03 18:39:14 UTC
Post by DavidK
Tom decided unilaterally to discontinue keffir; I'm surprised Helen is
talking to him, let alone cutting cabbages with her.
I don't even care for the idea of keffir: it sounds too much like an
Afrikaans insult for my liking.
<languid wave>
I'm glad someone else thinks that. I know it's silly and this has a
completely different meaning, but it still makes me uncomfortable.

(For clarity, I have no objection whatsoever to the use of the word.
That's just my personal response to it.)
2018-12-03 14:49:10 UTC
Post by DavidK
Tom decided unilaterally to discontinue keffir; I'm surprised Helen is
talking to him, let alone cutting cabbages with her.
Tom! Beware! Helen is pretty handy with a long knife....
2018-12-03 14:57:32 UTC
Post by DavidK
Tom decided unilaterally to discontinue keffir; I'm surprised Helen is
talking to him, let alone cutting cabbages with her.
Tom! Beware! Helen is pretty handy with a long knife....
In fact, Helen probably knows the quickest way to a man’s heart....
BTN
Jenny M Benson
http://jennygenes.blogspot.co.uk/
Mike
2018-12-04 08:49:57 UTC
Post by DavidK
Tom decided unilaterally to discontinue keffir; I'm surprised Helen is
talking to him, let alone cutting cabbages with her.
Tom! Beware! Helen is pretty handy with a long knife....
In fact, Helen probably knows the quickest way to a man’s heart....
BTN
Accepted.
Ooh thanks! That one was worth a stab at then!?
SODAM
2018-12-04 01:07:27 UTC
Post by DavidK
Tom decided unilaterally to discontinue keffir; I'm surprised Helen is
talking to him, let alone cutting cabbages with her.
Tom! Beware! Helen is pretty handy with a long knife....
In fact, Helen probably knows the quickest way to a man’s heart....
Through his breast pocket?
--
SODAM
The thinking umrat’s choice for editor
krw
2018-12-03 23:46:42 UTC
Post by DavidK
Tom decided unilaterally to discontinue keffir; I'm surprised Helen is
talking to him, let alone cutting cabbages with her.
And what are they going to do with the goat milk from the goats which is
Pat's retirement hobby farming?
2018-12-04 03:37:04 UTC
Post by DavidK
Tom decided unilaterally to discontinue keffir; I'm surprised Helen
is talking to him, let alone cutting cabbages with her.
And what are they going to do with the goat milk from the goats which
is Pat's retirement hobby farming?
(I hadn't appreciated the kefir was made from that.) I wouldn't imagine
they'd have any difficulty making and selling some goat's milk cheese -
or even just the milk, for that matter.

255soft.uk

Science isn't about being right every time, or even most of the time. It is
about being more right over time and fixing what it got wrong.
- Scott Adams, 2015-2-2
Mike
2018-12-04 08:51:25 UTC
Post by DavidK
Tom decided unilaterally to discontinue keffir; I'm surprised Helen is
talking to him, let alone cutting cabbages with her.
And what are they going to do with the goat milk from the goats which is
Pat's retirement hobby farming?
No more kidding, they’ll run this story dry in time.
2018-12-04 09:20:54 UTC
Post by DavidK
Tom decided unilaterally to discontinue keffir; I'm surprised Helen is
talking to him, let alone cutting cabbages with her.
And what are they going to do with the goat milk from the goats which is
Pat's retirement hobby farming?
Are you sure the kefir is made from goat milk? I don't think the one I
buy is.
Serena Blanchflower
2018-12-04 09:36:24 UTC
Post by DavidK
Tom decided unilaterally to discontinue keffir; I'm surprised Helen is
talking to him, let alone cutting cabbages with her.
And what are they going to do with the goat milk from the goats which is
Pat's retirement hobby farming?
Are you sure the kefir is made from goat milk? I don't think the one I
buy is.
Yes, they decided to make it their USP. IIRC, Lynda suggested it to
Susan, who claimed the suggestion as her own when she made it to Tom.
If you are going through hell, keep going. (Winston Churchill)