O/T Wizzair
agsmith578688@gmail.com Tony Smith Prestbury Glos.
2019-01-25 19:31:56 UTC
Has anyone flown with Wizzair? They seem a bit unreliable. A few years ago I and a friend flew with them to Danzig with no problems, but today they have cancelled the return leg of a family trip to Vilnius planned for the spring and tried to rebook us for the day before. We have changed back to our original date but from Kaunas.
SODAM
2019-01-25 22:09:55 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com Tony Smith Prestbury Glos.
Has anyone flown with Wizzair? They seem a bit unreliable. A few years
ago I and a friend flew with them to Danzig with no problems, but today
they have cancelled the return leg of a family trip to Vilnius planned
for the spring and tried to rebook us for the day before. We have changed
back to our original date but from Kaunas.
Yes. I used to fly Wizzair from ?Stansted to Sofia. On my third trip, they
broke my suitcase, kept me waiting nearly an hour and a half for someone to
see me about it and finally a very rude woman arrived who gave me a phone
number to ring next day. It proved to be for another firm, nothing to do
with Wizzair. I got no response from complaints I sent and ,
unsurprisingly, never used them again. Worst airline ever.
--
SODAM
The thinking umrat’s choice for editor
Nick Odell
2019-01-25 23:18:52 UTC
Post by SODAM
Post by ***@gmail.com Tony Smith Prestbury Glos.
Has anyone flown with Wizzair? They seem a bit unreliable. A few years
ago I and a friend flew with them to Danzig with no problems, but today
they have cancelled the return leg of a family trip to Vilnius planned
for the spring and tried to rebook us for the day before. We have changed
back to our original date but from Kaunas.
Yes. I used to fly Wizzair from ?Stansted to Sofia. On my third trip, they
broke my suitcase, kept me waiting nearly an hour and a half for someone to
see me about it and finally a very rude woman arrived who gave me a phone
number to ring next day. It proved to be for another firm, nothing to do
with Wizzair. I got no response from complaints I sent and ,
unsurprisingly, never used them again. Worst airline ever.
The reviews on flightradar24.com[1] are probably summed up by "awful but
cheap - which is why I still use them" I imagine some of their
destinations aren't served by many other airlines so for certain routes
it's take it or leave it.

Nick
[1]flightradar24.com don't just do flight tracking: there's a host of
other information out there.
Sam Plusnet
2019-01-26 22:05:37 UTC
On 25-Jan-19 23:18, Nick Odell wrote:

flightradar24.com[1]
Post by Nick Odell
[1]flightradar24.com don't just do flight tracking: there's a host of
other information out there.
Thanks for that. Added to my "Come in handy" bookmarks.

P.S. Wofe today required me to assist in "sorting out her (Opera
Browser) bookmarks".

She has been collecting bookmarks for at least 15 years in an entirely
random manner, and seems to have multiple duplicates in a host of folders.
She also has the knack of accidentally moving folders into other folders
without either meaning to or noticing that she has done so.

Would it be too terrible of me to hard delete the lot, and suggest she
start again?
2019-01-26 22:33:53 UTC
flightradar24.com[1]
Post by Nick Odell
[1]flightradar24.com don't just do flight tracking: there's a host of
other information out there.
Thanks for that. Added to my "Come in handy" bookmarks.
P.S. Wofe today required me to assist in "sorting out her (Opera
Browser) bookmarks".
She has been collecting bookmarks for at least 15 years in an entirely
random manner, and seems to have multiple duplicates in a host of folders.
She also has the knack of accidentally moving folders into other folders
without either meaning to or noticing that she has done so.
Would it be too terrible of me to hard delete the lot, and suggest she
start again?
We seem to be married. And DON'T delete the folders!
Has wofe got the folders in Opera as well as google and E?Or even what
E was before it was E.
Penny
2019-01-27 00:03:50 UTC
On Sat, 26 Jan 2019 22:33:53 +0000, Vicky Ayech <***@gmail.com>
Has wofe got the folders in Opera as well as google and E?Or even what
E was before it was E.
What is E?
2019-01-27 09:13:18 UTC
Has wofe got the folders in Opera as well as google and E?Or even what
E was before it was E.
What is E?
12 months, just 6 with good behaviour.
2019-01-27 09:23:08 UTC
Has wofe got the folders in Opera as well as google and E?Or even what
E was before it was E.
What is E?
Checking...ah, Msoft Edge. But was there another browser before that
with a name began with E?
Penny
Yes! Thanks .
John Ashby
2019-01-27 14:37:56 UTC
Has wofe got the folders in Opera as well as google and E?Or even what
E was before it was E.
What is E?
Checking...ah, Msoft Edge. But was there another browser before that
with a name began with E?
Internet Explorer?
Yes! Thanks .
Known in some circles as "Firefox Installer"

2019-01-27 09:24:13 UTC
Has wofe got the folders in Opera as well as google and E?Or even what
E was before it was E.
What is E?
YA D.H Lawrence AICM5Poems.[1]

[1] What is he?

-A man, of course.
Yes, but what does he do?
-He lives and is a man.

Oh quite! But he must work. He must have a job of some sort
-Why?
Because obviously he’s not one of the leisured classes.
-I don’t know. He has lots of leisure. And he makes quite beautiful
chairs.

There you are then! He’s a cabinet maker.
-No, no
Anyhow a carpenter and a joiner.
-Not at all.

But you said so
-What did I say?
That he made chairs and was a joiner and carpenter
-I said he made chairs, but I did not say he was a carpenter.

All right then he is just an amateur?
-Perhaps! would you say a thrush was a professional flautist, or just an
amateur?

I’d say it was just a bird
-And I say he is just a man. [2]

[2]I've never liked D.H. Lawrence's writing, but I do rather like the
sentiment expressed in that.
2019-01-27 11:18:45 UTC
On Sun, 27 Jan 2019 09:24:13 +0000, Sid Nuncius
Post by Sid Nuncius
[2]I've never liked D.H. Lawrence's writing, but I do rather like the
sentiment expressed in that.
<Languid wave>
Not Sylvia.
LFS
2019-01-27 16:11:27 UTC
On Sun, 27 Jan 2019 14:04:21 +0000, Sid Nuncius
Has wofe got the folders in Opera as well as google and E?Or even what
E was before it was E.
What is E?
YA D.H Lawrence AICM5Poems.[1]
[1] What is he?
Not Sylvia.
Who?
I know her mother.
Have you phoned her recently?

2019-01-27 19:23:17 UTC
On Sun, 27 Jan 2019 14:04:21 +0000, Sid Nuncius
On Sat, 26 Jan 2019 22:33:53 +0000, Vicky Ayech
Has wofe got the folders in Opera as well as google and E?Or even what
E was before it was E.
What is E?
YA D.H Lawrence AICM5Poems.[1]
[1] What is he?
Not Sylvia.
Who?
I know her mother.
Have you phoned her recently?
The trouble is that the operator keeps butting in every three minutes.
2019-01-27 19:18:25 UTC
Has wofe got the folders in Opera as well as google and E?Or even what
E was before it was E.
What is E?
YA D.H Lawrence AICM5Poems.[1]
[1] What is he?
Not Sylvia.
Nor Sylvia's mother.
2019-01-27 19:16:58 UTC
flightradar24.com[1]
Post by Nick Odell
[1]flightradar24.com don't just do flight tracking: there's a host of
other information out there.
Thanks for that. Added to my "Come in handy" bookmarks.
P.S. Wofe today required me to assist in "sorting out her (Opera
Browser) bookmarks".
She has been collecting bookmarks for at least 15 years in an entirely
random manner, and seems to have multiple duplicates in a host of folders.
She also has the knack of accidentally moving folders into other folders
without either meaning to or noticing that she has done so.
Would it be too terrible of me to hard delete the lot, and suggest she
start again?
We seem to be married. And DON'T delete the folders!
Has wofe got the folders in Opera as well as google and E?Or even what
E was before it was E.
Just Opera - we here at Chez Plusnet don't _do_ Internet Explorer or
Edge or... pretty much anything MS except the bare bones of the
operating system. We also try to avoid letting google in on anything -
but the $%^&*( obviously read our emails!
2019-01-27 00:02:55 UTC
On Sat, 26 Jan 2019 22:05:37 +0000, Sam Plusnet <***@home.com> scrawled in
the dust...
Post by Sam Plusnet
P.S. Wofe today required me to assist in "sorting out her (Opera
Browser) bookmarks".
She has been collecting bookmarks for at least 15 years in an entirely
random manner, and seems to have multiple duplicates in a host of folders.
She also has the knack of accidentally moving folders into other folders
without either meaning to or noticing that she has done so.
Would it be too terrible of me to hard delete the lot, and suggest she
start again?
Yes.

One of the few things I like about the current travesty called Opera is the
ability to search bookmarks. Like your wofe, I have a tendency to drag
folders into other folders - the ability to search one or all folders
within the browser itself, where you can easily check them if it's not
obvious where they should be and rename if it took 3 tries to find the one
you want, is useful.
2019-01-27 14:08:58 UTC
the dust...
Post by Sam Plusnet
[...]
I use Firefox, which many seem to say is the best. Our desktop PC
is set up with Windows logins for us both, but I am told that,
because that would take finite time to switch over, practically
everything is done on my login.

My preferred way of working is to have a few tabs open, extra
ones appearing if I am doing some particular research, but
relying upon Firefox's ability to quickly offer me a previous
website from bookmarks or history.

BOFE works differently - she likes lots of tabs, and leaves them
there for months. Currently there appear to be 271.

I have an add-on which grab a list and paste them wherever you
want (Excel table) as a precaution, and another which will bring
them back if Firefox forgets after a crash. Perhaps something
like that would give Sam some protection if you actually go for
the No-Deal option. ;-)

There used to be the facility to group tabs, so I could choose to
see only mine, but some upgrade stopped that working, so we can't
really tidy thing up.

I have briefly looked at other browsers, so that I could play on
my own, but so far nothing has felt right.

***@cdixon.me.uk
2019-01-27 14:26:15 UTC
Post by Chris J Dixon
Post by Penny
the dust...
Post by Sam Plusnet
[...]
That's how I work in Chrome.
Post by Chris J Dixon
BOFE works differently - she likes lots of tabs, and leaves them
there for months. Currently there appear to be 271.
WHAT? How can she ever find what she could be looking for?

I could never share a computer with Husband. Anyone just glancing at our
desks would know that. For many years he has had my castoffs, although I
did buy him a new iPad all of his own.

[..]
2019-01-27 16:29:38 UTC
Post by LFS
Post by Chris J Dixon
BOFE works differently - she likes lots of tabs, and leaves them
there for months. Currently there appear to be 271.
WHAT? How can she ever find what she could be looking for?
You might well ask.

If you type in the usual field on a new tab, it generally offers
you "switch to tab" if it finds one already open. Otherwise click
the down arrow and examine the list.

Me neither. :-(

***@cdixon.me.uk
Plant amazing Acers.
Flop
2019-01-27 14:58:39 UTC
Post by Chris J Dixon
really tidy thing up.
I have briefly looked at other browsers, so that I could play on
my own, but so far nothing has felt right.
Chris
Can I remind everyone that you should have two browsers available on
your pc.

Recently, an upgrade to Firefox failed to load. Without a second
browser, repair would have involved loading a memory stick with FF
installer on another computer and then using that to load FF.

[I dont like Chrome but in this instance....]
--
Flop

I want to re-marry my ex.
She thinks I am after my money.