BTA Ceremony 2020 Part 4
2020-01-05 18:33:07 UTC
Next this evening, our third category:
Bad Taste in the face of individual tragedy

And to present the Award, please welcome Donald Trump!

These nominations are great. So great. They’re the greatest
nominations in history. No other nominations have ever...say, is that
Fallon Rogers over there? I just gotta go and grab her…

<BTM hastily grabs microphone>

Yes – thank you Mr. President. And the nominations are:

15.1.19
Sam Plusnet, nominated by Brritski:
Sam: Naturally I did not follow your links Sid, but would like to point
out that Isadora Duncan caused a great deal of scandal in her day.
The wheel of time affects us all - but her more than most.

28.1.19
Penny, nominated by Sally
Penny: Only 2 posts today.
Has everyone disappeared on a flight on a dodgy airline or a small plane
from Guernsey?

12.2.19 Sid, sort of nominated by Jenny
Chris McT: Don’t remember the Willows,
Sid: Nor did Jack.

22.2.19 Sid, nominated by Sally
Sid: (On the death of Peter Tork) I'm sorry he's gone. Let's hope the
undertakers aren't too busy singing to put him down.

12.3.19 krw, nominated by steveski
Nick Odell: For some reason this reminds me of the manufacturer of
bullet-proof vests which proudly claimed that they had never had any
complaints.
Sam Plusnet: Ditto faulty parachutes.
krw: I thought that depended on how the husband had packed them?

21.5.19 John Ashby nominated by Brritski
On the day of BTMS’s funeral and cremation:
John: Is it too soon to say: I wondered what that burning smell was.

12.11.19 Brritski nominated by Serena
Dumrat: The dorter has achieved a Master's with Distinction in
Humanitarianism and Conflict Response from the University of Manchester.
On a par with Joe's hangover cure, we feel!
JPG: Am I missing something as usual, or are you suggesting dorter's
qualification might not be all that useful?
Brritski: Au contraire. I understand there's an opening as head of the
White Helmets.

And now that you’re back, Mr President, and if your face isn’t stinging
too badly, would you please announce the result?

Sure. I make all the best announcements. The award goes to...ME! Huh?
What – another witch hunt, huh? I’m gonna appeal this and I want an
air strike on Nuncius Towers right away, but in the meantime, it says
here that the BTA has to go to...JOHN ASHBY!

OK, this is a fake. That burning smell - it’s a hoax. The biggest hoax
in history. It’s all invented by the Chinese to try to undermine the US
economy...

And now, as Mr Trump is led gently away, we move on to our final category...
Escorted by Nellie the Elephant <hic>
John Ashby
2020-01-06 05:41:27 UTC
[...]
I would like to say thank you to Bottoms, without whose unfortunate
demise this award would not have been possible.

I would like to, but barring Carol Tregorran organising a black mass I'm
not going to be able to. So thank you to all of you instead.

Can one make a BTN at the ceremony?
BrritSki
I think it's mandatory :)
Mike
2020-01-06 11:12:32 UTC
Bad Taste in the face of individual tragedy
And to present the Award, please welcome Donald Trump!
I would like to say thank you to Bottoms, without whose unfortunate
demise this award would not have been possible.
I would like to, but barring Carol Tregorran organising a black mass I'm
not going to be able to. So thank you to all of you instead.
john
Can one make a BTN at the ceremony?
Well, why ever not?!;-)
Ok, BTN
Sid Nuncius

2020-01-06 16:30:38 UTC
These nominations are great.  So great.  They’re the greatest
nominations in history.   No other nominations have ever...say, is that
Fallon Rogers over there?  I just gotta go and grab her…
I thought the real Donald Trump always used capitals. This is a fake
Donald Duck. It is not real.
2020-01-06 16:50:38 UTC
These nominations are great.  So great.  They’re the greatest
nominations in history.   No other nominations have ever...say, is that
Fallon Rogers over there?  I just gotta go and grab her…
I thought the real Donald Trump always used capitals. This is a fake
Donald Duck. It is not real.
There are times when the fake is preferable to the original aren’t there?