UMRA birthday info for 1 October 2018
Birthday Monitor
2018-10-01 06:11:38 UTC
Birthday News for today, 1 October: Chris McMillan and Robin Parkinson
RIP.
SODAM
2018-10-01 06:43:15 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 1 October: Chris McMillan and Robin Parkinson
RIP.
Hurrah! Happy birthday Chris McToodles, mother of the umra BBQ - and the
Wunderkind.

Here’s to lots of chocolate!
--
SODAM
The thinking umrat’s choice for editor
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2018-10-01 08:51:41 UTC
In message
Post by SODAM
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 1 October: Chris McMillan and Robin Parkinson
RIP.
Hurrah! Happy birthday Chris McToodles, mother of the umra BBQ - and the
Wunderkind.
Here’s to lots of chocolate!
+1! And here's to many more of them.

(Gave me a start at first: I think "Robin Parkinson RIP and Chris
McMillan" would have been a better way round; I want Chris to have many
more, as I've said!)

sometimes the best way to face the music is dance.
- Andrew Collins, in RT 2017/2/11-17
Tony Bryer
2018-10-01 09:52:55 UTC
Post by SODAM
Hurrah! Happy birthday Chris McToodles, mother of the umra BBQ
Happy birthday - BBQs still remembered
Tony B, OzRat, Melbourne
Chris McMillan
2018-10-01 15:48:55 UTC
Post by SODAM
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 1 October: Chris McMillan and Robin Parkinson
RIP.
Hurrah! Happy birthday Chris McToodles, mother of the umra BBQ - and the
Wunderkind.
Here’s to lots of chocolate!
Funnily enough, I am very strict about not deviating from our every other
day choccie ration. It did not fall on mine.

Yours sincerely

Chris
SODAM
2018-10-01 16:03:08 UTC
Post by SODAM
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 1 October: Chris McMillan and Robin Parkinson
RIP.
Hurrah! Happy birthday Chris McToodles, mother of the umra BBQ - and the
Wunderkind.
Here’s to lots of chocolate!
Funnily enough, I am very strict about not deviating from our every other
day choccie ration. It did not fall on mine.
Yours sincerely
Chris
<Silence of stunned admiration>
LFS
2018-10-01 16:19:41 UTC
Post by SODAM
Post by Chris McMillan
Post by SODAM
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 1 October: Chris McMillan and Robin Parkinson
RIP.
Hurrah! Happy birthday Chris McToodles, mother of the umra BBQ - and the
Wunderkind.
Here’s to lots of chocolate!
Funnily enough, I am very strict about not deviating from our every other
day choccie ration. It did not fall on mine.
Yours sincerely
Chris
<Silence of stunned admiration>
If one can echo silence, same here.
2018-10-01 16:30:22 UTC
Post by LFS
Post by SODAM
Post by Chris McMillan
Post by SODAM
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 1 October: Chris McMillan and Robin Parkinson
RIP.
Hurrah! Happy birthday Chris McToodles, mother of the umra BBQ - and the
Wunderkind.
Here’s to lots of chocolate!
Funnily enough, I am very strict about not deviating from our every other
day choccie ration. It did not fall on mine.
Yours sincerely
Chris
<Silence of stunned admiration>
If one can echo silence, same here.
Likewise.

On a slightly different tack, one of my mother's sayings was "I can hear
you not saying anything", when she knew I/we were biting our lips - and
also "thunderous silence".

Now, don't worry. We'll be right behind you. Hiding. (First series, fit the
sixth.)
Serena Blanchflower
2018-10-01 18:32:24 UTC
Post by LFS
Post by Chris McMillan
Post by SODAM
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 1 October: Chris McMillan and Robin Parkinson
RIP.
Hurrah! Happy birthday Chris McToodles, mother of the umra BBQ - and the
Wunderkind.
Here’s to lots of chocolate!
Funnily enough, I am very strict about not deviating from our every other
day choccie ration.  It did not fall on mine.
Yours sincerely
Chris
 <Silence of stunned admiration>
If one can echo silence, same here.
Likewise.
And here.
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
On a slightly different tack, one of my mother's sayings was "I can hear
you not saying anything", when she knew I/we were biting our lips - and
also "thunderous silence".
I used to describe that as a thunk. I reckoned I could hear the cogs
and levers clunking in Mum's brain.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more honourable, but more
useful than a life spent doing nothing. (George Bernard Shaw)
Jenny M Benson
2018-10-01 19:08:24 UTC
On a slightly different tack, one of my mother's sayings was "I can hear
you not saying anything", when she knew I/we were biting our lips - and
also "thunderous silence".
Along the lines of "Don't you look at me in that tone of voice!"
http://jennygenes.blogspot.co.uk/
Chris McMillan
2018-10-01 17:42:52 UTC
Post by SODAM
Post by Chris McMillan
Post by SODAM
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 1 October: Chris McMillan and Robin Parkinson
RIP.
Hurrah! Happy birthday Chris McToodles, mother of the umra BBQ - and the
Wunderkind.
Here’s to lots of chocolate!
Funnily enough, I am very strict about not deviating from our every other
day choccie ration. It did not fall on mine.
Yours sincerely
Chris
<Silence of stunned admiration>
It’s such a rich dark choc, one doesn’t crave it any more frequently.

2018-10-01 06:51:10 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 1 October: Chris McMillan and Robin Parkinson
RIP.
Many Happies Chris!
2018-10-01 06:53:58 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 1 October: Chris McMillan and Robin Parkinson
RIP.
Happy birthday, Chris!
Dumrat
2018-10-01 06:56:37 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 1 October: Chris McMillan and Robin Parkinson
RIP.
Many happy hippos, Chris!
--
Salaam Alaykum,
Anne, Exceptionally Traditionally-built Dumrat
vk
2018-10-01 07:14:38 UTC
HB Mrs McT!
Kate B
2018-10-01 07:51:37 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 1 October: Chris McMillan and Robin Parkinson
RIP.
Hugely happy hippos, dear Chris!
Jane Vernon
2018-10-01 08:32:58 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 1 October: Chris McMillan and Robin Parkinson
RIP.
Many Happy Returns, Chris! I hope you have a lovely day.

Jane
Vicky Ayech
2018-10-01 08:36:12 UTC
Happy birthday, Chris. Have a lovely day.
Flop
2018-10-01 10:05:43 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 1 October: Chris McMillan and Robin Parkinson
RIP.
Want to swap birthday cakes?
Mine is courgette and I have been looking for a suitable victim :-)
--
Flop

I find it ironic that the colours red, white, and blue stand for freedom
until they are flashing behind you
Chris McMillan
2018-10-01 17:20:28 UTC
Post by Flop
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 1 October: Chris McMillan and Robin Parkinson
RIP.
Want to swap birthday cakes?
Mine is courgette and I have been looking for a suitable victim :-)
We think we have had a courgette cake before.

My choice hasn’t happened. Wunderkind arrived very early, no late school
queues anywhere. We went to Makro and two hundred yards further on to See
Woo, the only Chinese cash and carry outside Lunnon. Our treat is a
steamed pork bun each. Alas, Mondays they don’t arrive before 14.30.
Hazel has to be on her way back well before then to collect Sir Wunderkind
from school.

Lunch was at The Trooper Potts (Hungry Horse). Trooper Potts’ is a WW I
local hero.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Potts

2018-10-01 11:33:02 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 1 October: Chris McMillan
Happy birthday Chris! I hope you have a splendiferous day :)
Be happy. It's one way of being wise. (Colette)
steveski
2018-10-01 11:36:27 UTC
the Omrud
2018-10-01 13:04:29 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 1 October: Chris McMillan and Robin Parkinson
RIP.
Happy Birthday, Chris, from hot and windy SW France. I trust you are
having a splendid day :).
David
Chris McMillan
2018-10-01 17:36:35 UTC
Post by the Omrud
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 1 October: Chris McMillan and Robin Parkinson
RIP.
Happy Birthday, Chris, from hot and windy SW France. I trust you are
having a splendid day :).
It’s a very cold wind here, sun did its best, but hot it isn’t!

2018-10-01 14:50:50 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 1 October: Chris McMillan and Robin Parkinson
RIP.
Many happy returns, Chris McT. Have a splendid day!
http://jennygenes.blogspot.co.uk/